Mock Draft 2006 v. 1 out of 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft 2006 v. 1 out of 2

Joey 22

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok Im making 2 mocks this year one right now and another after all workouts are ran.

1. FS/CB LaRon Landry LSU. Obvious pick the best defender at LSU and its in a position of need at 6"2 187 and 4.45 40 yard dash he is likely a CB-FS tweener he will allow us to cut Tebucky, move Schulters to SS and play nickelback and let Y. Bell at FS in passing downs.

2. QB Omar Jacobs Bowling Green. Many will flame me saying its a reach well rated as the 4th best QB in this years draft and counting the number of QBs taken in the last 4 drafts Id say we would be lucky to find him at 48, plus this kid did prove himself with amazing stats in college, not like Cutler who I think its more of a reach at 16.

3. OT Jeremy Trueblood Boston College. At 6"9 he may not be as quick as many would like at the LT position but with the length of his arms, his strenght and the length of his lateral step he will contain the quickest pass rusher for at least 3-4 seconds, enough in this QB friendly system and with an athlete like Jacobs at QB.

4. OLB Cameron Vaughn LSU. More LSU players, at 6"4 240 and with this kids strength and never stop motor we can tell we are covered at OLB for the coming future, he has top notch intangibles, a big frame to bulk up if need be, not a great athlete though but with Matt Roth and our free agent pick ups you can tell that isnt a big deal for Saban.

7.1. DT TJ Jackson Auburn. SEC player at 6"1 312 pounds ne is a prototypical NT amazing in the wheightroom and was a starter for a long time against top competition, and actually thats the problem for many, he never piled up much in stats but boy can he hold his ground.

7.2. CB/FS Chijioke Onyenegecha Oklahoma. At 6"1 202 he is a monster CB and is very strong a good tackler from the program of other amazing hard hitters like Roy Williams, Donte and Poole.

7.3. DT/DE Claude Wroten LSU.6"3 290 DT 3-4 DE tweener starter for years at LSU great stats, maybe a first rounder if he comes out of jail before the draft if he doesnt but he is out projected to be out by training camp I would take him in a heart bit by the way many say he is better than Spears and actually piled up better stats.

Not bad, I would rather take Jason Allen, the CB from Tennessee, in the 3rd round if he is there, but I've been harping on that for a while.
Very good mock. None of the picks are reaches for us, so it's possible that things could fall this way.

Landry is 204 pounds not 187. Come on guys. He's projected more as a SS too with his superb tackling.

Also, Wroten won't fall that far!

Wroten in the 7th??? What?!?!

I can't believe you defended Jacobs in the 2nd by saying Cutler is a reach in the 1st, right now Jacobs would be a reach in the 3rd.

Joey 22 said:
Ok Im making 2 mocks this year one right now and another after all workouts are ran.

1. FS/CB LaRon Landry LSU. Obvious pick the best defender at LSU and its in a position of need at 6"2 187 and 4.45 40 yard dash he is likely a CB-FS tweener he will allow us to cut Tebucky, move Schulters to SS and play nickelback and let Y. Bell at FS in passing downs.

2. QB Omar Jacobs Bowling Green. Many will flame me saying its a reach well rated as the 4th best QB in this years draft and counting the number of QBs taken in the last 4 drafts Id say we would be lucky to find him at 48, plus this kid did prove himself with amazing stats in college, not like Cutler who I think its more of a reach at 16.

3. OT Jeremy Trueblood Boston College. At 6"9 he may not be as quick as many would like at the LT position but with the length of his arms, his strenght and the length of his lateral step he will contain the quickest pass rusher for at least 3-4 seconds, enough in this QB friendly system and with an athlete like Jacobs at QB.

4. OLB Cameron Vaughn LSU. More LSU players, at 6"4 240 and with this kids strength and never stop motor we can tell we are covered at OLB for the coming future, he has top notch intangibles, a big frame to bulk up if need be, not a great athlete though but with Matt Roth and our free agent pick ups you can tell that isnt a big deal for Saban.

7.1. DT TJ Jackson Auburn. SEC player at 6"1 312 pounds ne is a prototypical NT amazing in the wheightroom and was a starter for a long time against top competition, and actually thats the problem for many, he never piled up much in stats but boy can he hold his ground.

7.2. CB/FS Chijioke Onyenegecha Oklahoma. At 6"1 202 he is a monster CB and is very strong a good tackler from the program of other amazing hard hitters like Roy Williams, Donte and Poole.

7.3. DT/DE Claude Wroten LSU.6"3 290 DT 3-4 DE tweener starter for years at LSU great stats, maybe a first rounder if he comes out of jail before the draft if he doesnt but he is out projected to be out by training camp I would take him in a heart bit by the way many say he is better than Spears and actually piled up better stats.
Just my opinion nut I think 16 is high for Landry...I think we could take him if we move down to the 20's.Jacobs could seem like a reach to many but the fact he's a QB with talent could move him into the 2nd round.Trueblood's a good T but he'll probably have some problems with the speed rushers and their low gravity...he could make a better RT than LT cos of him being 6'9.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

Omar Jacobs wouldnt be a good pick for us, in the second round, he has a weird throwig motion and hes part of a different offence at bowling green. It would be hard for him to adjust and he would be a BIGGER project to work than you think.

Jay Cutler to Miami at 16th overall!

end of story!

Saban Likes SEC players. Saban know Jay Cutler. Saban already said his MAIN goal is finding a Quarterback.

dont worry Jay Cutler will still be on the board when Miami picks.

SpeedRush99 said:
Wroten in the 7th??? What?!?!

I can't believe you defended Jacobs in the 2nd by saying Cutler is a reach in the 1st, right now Jacobs would be a reach in the 3rd.

Like I mentioned in my post if Wroten is out of jail by draft day he is a lock for day 1 but if he doesnt well a 7th rder is even probably to much since for much less Hawthorne went 6th round.

Back
Top Bottom