Mock Draft After Marshall Trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft After Marshall Trade

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
I heard we have around 16-15 million before the Marshall trade and now add 7-6 million to that. That Leaves us with around 23 million to spend.

Then Re-Structure Long and Dansby which should save around 4 million. That leaves us around 27 million.

Then we Cut Bell and we will save around 6 million... That leaves us with around 33 million to spend. Cut Tony Mcdaniel that will save us 4 million and that leaves us with around 37 million.

Im not a cap expert this is just pure speculation but it should be close.

Sign-
Eric Winston RT (4 year 25 million)(6.25 million a year)
Matt Flynn QB (5 year 60 million)(12 million a year)
Laurent Robinson WR (3 year 15 million)(5 million a year)
Richard Marshall CB (2 year 6 million)(3 million a year)
Reggie Nelson FS(3 year 15 million)(5 million a year)

Im not really sure if that is what they will get but with all the money we have we should be able to get all of them.

Draft-
Trade our first two Chargers for 1st,2nd,4th

1st-Nick Perry OLB USC
2nd-Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
2nd-Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
3rd-Brian Quick WR App. State
3rd-Michael Egnew TE Missouri
4th-Jake Bequette DE Arkansas
4th-Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona State
5th-Brandon Taylor SS LSU
6th-Akiem Hicks DE/DT Regina
7th-Donte-Paige Moss OLB North Carolina
7th-Case Keenum QB Houston

I get my projections from
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2012/DT

Depth Chart

Offense
QB-Flynn/Moore/Keenum
Backs-Bush/Thomas/Hilliard/Messam/Clay
Recievers-Robinson/Sanu/Bess/Hartline/Gates/Quick
Tight Ends-Fasano/Egnew
LT-Long/Garner
LG-Incognito/Cook
C-Pouncey
LG-Zeitler/Jerry
RT-Winston/Murtha

Defense
D-Line-Odrick/Starks/Merling/Baker/Bequette/Hicks
OLB-Wake/Perry/Misi/Moss
ILB-Dansby/Burnett/Burfict
FS-Nelson/Clemons
SS-Jones/Taylor
CB-Davis/Smith/Wilson/Marshall/Carroll

If we sign Flynn I want to run a system like Green Bay and New Orleans and use all your recievers. I believe the 6 recievers we would will add some fire power to this offense.

Our offense will have a line,recievers, tight ends, running backs, and a QB (If Flynn works out)
Our defense will have a sick line backers. We upgraded the DB's with the addition to Nelson, Marshall, and even Perry because his pass rush. The D-Line will not be as good as last year but we still have two great players in Odrick and Starks.

Let me know what you guys think!

Also regarding marshals cap hit.. If he gets suspended then he doesn't recieve his 6mill guaranteed so therefore we'd actiallu save the full 11mill from it

There's all kinds of things wrong with this. Not knocking you just sayin'
No to Flynn's contract- he isn't worth that much as no teams came callin to sign him day one of FA. No to restructuring Long- he is a perennial pro bowler, he won't do it. Robinson is NOT worth 5 million/year. Restructure Bell, don't cut him out right. No cutting McDaniel, he is good in our D line rotation.

The contracts for those free agents are way too high. Marshall's is the only one that seems right and even Winston's is a bit high but close to what I think he will get. I think it's closer to $6 million for him. Flynn isn't getting that much, he's not getting any interest. I'd be surprised if he gets much more than $7 or $8 million a year.

If the free agents come cheaper then great! I was just speculating but I thought Flynn was gonna get kolb money?

Also it was reported this morning that after the Marshall trade we have $14.4 million in cap space.

Also it was reported this morning that after the Marshall trade we have $14.4 million in cap space.

Yeah that's bull ****. People were saying we had around that before Marshall was traded. I don't believe it.

Back
Top Bottom