Mock Draft (April 10) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft (April 10)

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Here goes with one trade down...

1 (6) Smith WR Alabama -- The Slim Reaper comes calling. I think it's between Smith and Chase.
1 (22) Oweh DE/LB Penn State -- Grier takes a big swing after trading down with Titans (pick 126 to Miami, pick 258 to Tennessee)
2. (36) Holland S Oregon --- The Dolphins are going to take a defensive back early. Bank on it.
2. (50) Dickerson C Alabama --- Potentially best center in the draft. Coming off an injury.
3. (81) Amon-Ra St. Brown WR USC -- Jarvis Landry type receiver for Miami's slot role
4. (126) Banks OG Notre Dame -- Miami creating their own version of the Hogs. Immediate competition for Flowers at LG.
4. (156) Stevenson RB Oklahoma -- Big back to complement Gaskin and Ahmed.
7. (231) Patrick Jones DE/LB Pitt --- PFF ratings has him in that range. Potential steal here.

Last edited:
Here goes with one trade down...

1 (6) Smith WR Alabama -- The Slim Reaper comes calling. I think it's between Smith and Chase.
1 (22) Oweh DE/LB Penn State -- Grier takes a big swing after trading down with Titans (pick 126 to Miami, pick 258 to Tennessee)
2. (36) Holland S Oregon --- The Dolphins are going to take a defensive back early. Bank on it.
2. (50) Dickerson C Alabama --- Potentially best center in the draft. Coming off an injury.
3. (81) Amon-Ra St. Brown WR USC -- Jarvis Landry type receiver for Miami's slot role
4. (126) Banks OG Notre Dame -- Miami creating their own version of the Hogs. Immediate competition for Flowers at LG.
4. (156) Stevenson RB Oklahoma -- Big back to complement Gaskin and Ahmed.
7. (231) Patrick Jones DE/LB Pitt --- PFF ratings has him in that range. Potential steal here.
While I'm not an enamored with all of the players that you've picked, I like the way that you allocated resources.

Not a fan of Smith, but substitute a different receiver, I'm in agreement with the value.

The rest of your board is very possible and the players match our needs.

I'd be happy with this.

While I'm not an enamored with all of the players that you've picked, I like the way that you allocated resources.

Not a fan of Smith, but substitute a different receiver, I'm in agreement with the value.

The rest of your board is very possible and the players match our needs.

I'd be happy with this.
Miami values size more than a lot of teams, so Chase could be above Smith on their board.

I really think either would be a great pick, but Smith definitely gets better separation.

Miami values size more than a lot of teams, so Chase could be above Smith on their board.

I really think either would be a great pick, but Smith definitely gets better separation.
You just described a slot receiver...

And I just can't... can't do that in the top 10.

You just described a slot receiver...

And I just can't... can't do that in the top 10.
Whether Miami drafts Chase, Smith or Waddle, they would likely spend a lot of time early on in the slot.

But Smith is more than just a slot guy. In that sense, at least year one, Waddle might be the best fit.

Hard to say what the future holds for Parker and Fuller.

Whether Miami drafts Chase, Smith or Waddle, they would likely spend a lot of time early on in the slot.

But Smith is more than just a slot guy. In that sense, at least year one, Waddle might be the best fit.

Disagree on Chase. His game is not slot-oriented. He's fast AND strong... got plenty of separation in his time in college, but caught contested balls as well. He's the true star WR.

Waddle is definitely the best fit if we are looking for a slot receiver.

I'm so low on Smith because I believe that he is an illusion. So many see him as a true flank, saying things like 'catch radius' and 'taller than you think', but I just don't buy it. With his slight frame, I see a guy who won't dominate on the outside, and won't do much in the red zone.

If I'm going to draft a slot receiver, then I'm going to draft the true speed demon/quicks guy-- Waddle. I'm going to squint at Smith and try to convince myself that, "well, he'll do okay in the slot if he doesn't make it at flank". The top ten is too early for that.

Yeah. Fuller and Parker also come with injury concerns. Plus by the time Smith/Chase/Waddle up for a contract Parker and Fuller will likely be gone.

Patrick Jones gets a lot of hate but he has some pure speed off the edge. His technique needs to be coached , as he needs to add some more hand moves to stay off blocks. Problem for me is if he is a Bruce Irvin, or a Phillip Wheeler? With that said, I don't think he makes it to the 7th round.

Disagree on Chase. His game is not slot-oriented. He's fast AND strong... got plenty of separation in his time in college, but caught contested balls as well. He's the true star WR.

Waddle is definitely the best fit if we are looking for a slot receiver.

I'm so low on Smith because I believe that he is an illusion. So many see him as a true flank, saying things like 'catch radius' and 'taller than you think', but I just don't buy it. With his slight frame, I see a guy who won't dominate on the outside, and won't do much in the red zone.

If I'm going to draft a slot receiver, then I'm going to draft the true speed demon/quicks guy-- Waddle. I'm going to squint at Smith and try to convince myself that, "well, he'll do okay in the slot if he doesn't make it at flank". The top ten is too early for that.
Miami may very well have Chase as the #1 receiver. I wouldn't doubt that.

I do believe you are selling Smith short, but hear where you are coming from.

Patrick Jones gets a lot of hate but he has some pure speed off the edge. His technique needs to be coached , as he needs to add some more hand moves to stay off blocks. Problem for me is if he is a Bruce Irvin, or a Phillip Wheeler? With that said, I don't think he makes it to the 7th round.
He has fallen way off the radar. At one point, Jones was talked about in R2.

I like, but agree he needs some work.

Jones if coached up, can potentially be a late round steal. I've seen an awful lot of Pittsburgh games and Jones always seemed to show up making plays. I don't know what happened during senior bowl week, when he came up well short of expectations, but in the game he played ok. I'm hoping he can realize his enormous potential at the pro level. It just might be, as simple as, having a coach like Flores, to help get it out of him.

On the other Hand, Oweh is the exact opposite of Jones. A player who's got exciting measurables but doesn't seem to play up to them in games. A true gamble of a pick in the 1st round.

I absolutely love the Holland and Banks picks. They'd definitely contribute day 1.

Last edited:
Jones if coached up, can potentially be a late round steal. I've seen an awful lot of Pittsburgh games and Jones always seemed to show up making plays. I don't know what happened during senior bowl week, when he came up well short of expectations, but in the game he played ok. I'm hoping he can realize his enormous potential at the pro level. It just might be, as simple as, having a coach like Flores, to help get it out of him.

On the other Hand, Oweh is the exact opposite of Jones. A player who's got exciting measurables but doesn't seem to play up to them in games. A true gamble of a pick in the 1st round.

I absolutely love the Holland and Banks picks. They'd definitely contribute day 1.
I went back and forth between Basham and Oweh. Oweh is definitely a gamble, but from everything I've read he sounds like someone who will work at it.

Combine that with his natural gifts and he could certainly emerge.

Agree with you on Jones.

Back
Top Bottom