Mock Draft (April 10) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft (April 10)

18 is such a hard pick to project. I have to imagine if Collins is there, and Parsons is not, it's Collins, unless someone crazy slips like Surtain or something nuts like that.
I don't like Oweh. Been a long time PSU follower and he's not someone who flashes. Round 2 but you are going for potential with him.
I loved Dickerson till the injury. I have such an aversion to oft injured guys. But I guess he could rehab/sit a year also. But with rounds 1 and 2 this year I think we should be looking for immediate plug and play guys.
I don't like Holland at 36. We have Rowe, McCain, and B Jones from Texas. No need to go safety so high.
Instead at 36 go Javonte Williams, or Basham or Browning if you didn't take Collins.
So you could have 6 Chase/PItts, 18 Collins, 36 Javonte Williams, 50 you have all kinds of options- Meinerz, Elijah Molden, Elijah Moore, Browning maybe, Basham maybe, Tryon maybe.
Then all your guys are contributors. Is Holland going to contribute ahead of Rowe, McCain, and Jones? DIckerson ahead of the FA center?
I'm beginning to think Miami won't target a Van Noy type linebacker early. I think Flores saw the development of Van Ginkel and sees him in that role.

So, I think a pass rushing DE is a bigger need. I absolutely love Collins, though.

I couldn’t pull the trigger on Oweh in the first round
Not based on the tape. To pull the trigger that high, you have to be convinced that he won't be outworked, that he wants it, is coachable etc. If he has that, with his immense natural talent, I would make the pick.

I also might hedge my bet by taking another pass rusher later in the draft.

Not based on the tape. To pull the trigger that high, you have to be convinced that he won't be outworked, that he wants it, is coachable etc. If he has that, with his immense natural talent, I would make the pick.

I also might hedge my bet by taking another pass rusher later in the draft.
I just don’t like the player, I differentiate Football talent and athleticism.

I just don’t like the player, I differentiate Football talent and athleticism.
I can see that. He is a gamble and a work in progress, only playing football since his junior year in HS. Oweh could never get there, despite his athletic gifts. Then again, if he figures it out watch out.

Last year, Grier went high upside with Jackson and Iggy in the 1st round. The team is closer now so maybe he is a little more conservative in finding talent that is ready to compete.

I can see that. He is a gamble and a work in progress, only playing football since his junior year in HS. Oweh could never get there, despite his athletic gifts. Then again, if he figures it out watch out.

Last year, Grier went high upside with Jackson and Iggy in the 1st round. The team is closer now so maybe he is a little more conservative in finding talent that is ready to compete.
Agreed that upside was in play, and I believe both players have huge upside, I also believe Jackson and Noah were in different leagues as fas as their football instincts were at relative to Oweh jmo.

I loved the Austin Jackson selection, as well as Noah..I see football players first.

Back
Top Bottom