Mock draft assistance | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock draft assistance

YorkshirePhin

Active Roster
Reaction score
Have started a mock draft with friends and wanted your opinion.

Jacksonville took Lawrence
Jets took Chase

I then traded out of #3 for the Broncos #9, #40 and a 2022 2nd round pick.

I then traded up from #18 for Panthers #8 which cost me #18 and #81.

So I now how #8, #9, #36, #40, #50 and #82.

Six top 100 picks and gained a 2022 2nd rounder.

Where would you go in this scenario?

Well, I'd take Pitts if he's there at #8. Next for me would be Smith, followed by Waddle. If you are able to get one of the receivers at #8, I'd look Sewell or Parsons at #9. A wildcard might be Surtain, or a trade back.

Wilson went to Denver at 3
Sewell to Falcons at 4
Slater to Bengals at 5

If you take Pitts, I'm not sure the value of a highly drafted WR. You'll either play Pitts as a WR or as a TE in 21 personnel with Gesicki or Smythe, meaning prob 2 WRs on the field. Given Miami already has about 10 WRs, if you draft a Smith or Waddle, there might not be many snaps to feed everyone for the price paid.

Consider Parsons, Sewell, Darrisaw, Harris, Horn....

If you take Pitts, I'm not sure the value of a highly drafted WR. You'll either play Pitts as a WR or as a TE in 21 personnel with Gesicki or Smythe, meaning prob 2 WRs on the field. Given Miami already has about 10 WRs, if you draft a Smith or Waddle, there might not be many snaps to feed everyone for the price paid.

Consider Parsons, Sewell, Darrisaw, Harris, Horn....

I like Gesicki and Parker, but I don't think they should stop you from drafting blue-chip weapons. The upgrade is worth the price imo. It'd be a good thing for your role players to be as good as Gesicki and Parker.

I like Gesicki and Parker, but I don't think they should stop you from drafting blue-chip weapons. The upgrade is worth the price imo. It'd be a good thing for your role players to be as good as Gesicki and Parker.
In general no, they shouldn't be absolute obstacles to drafting a receiver high, but first you have to thin out the receiver logjam a little and second you have to keep an eye on dollars per snap. Salary and contract terms at 8/9 in the draft aren't cheap. It's a very very deep receiver draft this year.

So latest is Pitts goes to Eagles at 6 and 49ers trade up to 7 taking Fields.

I now have pick 8 and take Waddle but am stuck with what to do with pick #9 as Pitts has gone.

Who fills a hole for us at 9?

HELP!!!!

I can't really take Smith at 9 to pair with Waddle and Parker can I?

I probably would. But they are likely not going to do that. I think Ojulari is going to be a target, 9 might be a little too early for him but wouldn't be shocked if he went there. They could go OT too with Slater or Darrisaw. Parson would probably be the BPA though here but we are stacked there right now.

Back
Top Bottom