Mock Draft Game: Discussion | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft Game: Discussion

Are you suggesting the Bills would take him? You do know they took Marshawn Lynch, right?

The worst thing that could happen for us would be if McFadden started sliding. Chances are the Pats would take advantage of him being on the board and swing a deal with the Cowboys for 7 million picks.

No way is DMC getting pastthe Jets... I'd be really suprised if he got past the Raiders, although I don't dislike the Ellis pick, Al Davis likes the big name players and seeing what A. Peterson did for the Vikes, I have a feeling if DMC is on the board Al takes him.

Paul 13 pretty much screwed up my epic mock. I was 4/4 thus far on this. I said the Raiders would select McFadden, see why Big Al should run the show, not Pauly-Boy? If Big Al made the selection, I'd be 5 for 5...

:lol: nobody is perfect, unless you're the Pats... :foundout:

Sorry guys, I am meaning in this mock draft. My mistake.

In reality, who really knows. Dallas will trade up to get him.

Are you suggesting the Bills would take him? You do know they took Marshawn Lynch, right?

The worst thing that could happen for us would be if McFadden started sliding. Chances are the Pats would take advantage of him being on the board and swing a deal with the Cowboys for 7 million picks.

He's off the board now, but If he slid to us we would have passed. BTW, I'm going full Buffalo mode now that our pick is getting closer. Do they have a section 142 in Ralph Wilson Stadium??? Oh wait...they do now! It's nice being an imaginary owner, get things done faster!

The Ravens are up, straz is probably in school right now, he'll probably make his selection within the next hour or two.

Thanks Spray for bringing that to my attention. Obviously I can't change it now. Lets just assume the Chiefs are lucky.

So no discussions about McFadden going to the Jets or Ghoulston to the Pats? NYJ taking DMac isn't a bad pick, although a case could be made to take Ghoulston here.... for the Pats, I don't think they'd take Ghoulston... they would either be taking a corner (Jenkins) or a more traditional linebacker (Connor or Rivers).

okay the last three pick...DMC, gholston, brian brohm. i agree with DMC but he should have already been gone (OAK) IMO. brian brohm another good pick. NE's pick im not sure of. if asante is gone, he will be getting alot of money and they still have to resign moss and some more players. they spend alot of there cap room last year, so i see samuels being gone, so there for you would go for a CB. McKelvin or jenkins probably would have been my pick. but jenking just got cought in a fight so his stock is going down. i agree they need OLB and ILB's but i dont see gholston being on the board (Jets take him if DMC is gone which is what i predict) and he just doesnt fit in a 3-4 system too well because he'd have to play OLB. i think its a little high for the OLB's so CB would have been my pick. But i could see gholston being a possibility if he is still on the board

okay the last three pick...DMC, gholston, brian brohm. i agree with DMC but he should have already been gone (OAK) IMO. brian brohm another good pick. NE's pick im not sure of. if asante is gone, he will be getting alot of money and they still have to resign moss and some more players. they spend alot of there cap room last year, so i see samuels being gone, so there for you would go for a CB. McKelvin or jenkins probably would have been my pick. but jenking just got cought in a fight so his stock is going down. i agree they need OLB and ILB's but i dont see gholston being on the board (Jets take him if DMC is gone which is what i predict) and he just doesnt fit in a 3-4 system too well because he'd have to play OLB. i think its a little high for the OLB's so CB would have been my pick. But i could see gholston being a possibility if he is still on the board

Didn't hear about this. You gotta link?

Do I even need to PM TractorTraylor? He is on the Committee after all :lol:

Didn't hear about this. You gotta link?
Mike Jenkins, South Florida
Height: 6-0. Weight: 200.
40 Time: 4.43.
Projected Round: Top 15 Pick.

Michael Jenkins was all over the place in South Florida's upset victory at Auburn. Jenkins intercepted a Brandon Cox pass and took it down to the Tigers' 3-yard line.

Jenkins was ranked higher until he was arrested this spring for fighting outside a bar. No charges were filed, but this could still set off a red flag; coaches and general managers are much more cautious now that Roger Goodell is piloting the NFL.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008CB.php

I was surprised when i saw it yesterday

Hmm thats interesting. If it was his first time in a bar fight I wouldn't put much stock in it.

You pretty much contradicted yourself, you don't see Gholston going past the Jets at 6, yet he was there for my taking, so why on earth would he survive past 7?

Although this draft has some decent CB's coming out nobody there was worth picking over Gholston. Gholston would strive in the NE defense.

NE has ways of turning decent CB's into pro bowlers, and it's mainly because of the system, and not because they are superior CB's... When Sameuls goes and signs some crazy contract to another team, watch how he doesn't come even close to the production he had with NE.

in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense, you can't have enough good DE/OLB's who can rush the pass on your team and that's exactly why I took Gholston.

Back
Top Bottom