mock draft - go easy... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mock draft - go easy...

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
No trades, for the moment anyway.

1) Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn - Great runner, the best all round in the draft. The epitome of versatility as he can catch, run and block. All things point to Brown, I'd like to think Mike Williams gets a look, and I also feel that Smith will be enticing, but Ronnie is the pick.

3) Adrian McPherson, QB, Florida State - Athletic QB, absolute rocket for an arm... would take a hell of a long time to get ready and start, however he is the kind of reclaimation project that Saban could really get his teeth into. I think McPherson could be as highly rated as the #3 QB on some boards, and as low as #9 on others (read: Boomer :tongue: ). Consequently he could be gone by the end of the first... If so look for a guy like Matt Jones, Corey Webster or David Greene to be selected here.

4) Wesley Britt, OT, Alabama - Athletic tackle who can play on the left side. Huge guy, he's 6'7. Gonna drop because of injury but has the potential to be a solid LT.

5) Junior Rosegreen, S, Auburn - Hard hitting safety who can really lay the wood. Does struggle in coverage but could excel as a situational near the line of scrimmage SS.

7) Albert Means, DT, Memphis - Huge DT, would be a great eventual replacement for Bowens and Chester. Needs whipping into shape, hence him falling this far - if Saban can't do it no one can.

Go on... rip away.

Looks good. not sold on McPherson though, if Roby slips to early 3rd i would rather have him then.

Man i actually like that draft. Especially the 1st and 3rd round pick. 2 impact players. You Mcpherson will still be available at rnd 3?

very solid mock draft..I would put in a wr like inn the 5th rd though

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
Man i actually like that draft. Especially the 1st and 3rd round pick. 2 impact players. You Mcpherson will still be available at rnd 3?
Yeah i would say so. I not a draft "expert" though.

Best mock draft I have ever seen.:thewave::clap:

finsnchips said:
3) Adrian McPherson, QB, Florida State - Athletic QB, absolute rocket for an arm... would take a hell of a long time to get ready and start, however he is the kind of reclaimation project that Saban could really get his teeth into. I think McPherson could be as highly rated as the #3 QB on some boards, and as low as #9 on others (read: Boomer :tongue:). Consequently he could be gone by the end of the first... If so look for a guy like Matt Jones, Corey Webster or David Greene to be selected here.

I doubt he'll last to the third, but I truly dont think he'll take a long time to be ready. He played a bit in college (I went to FSU), but started for the Firebirds...ala Kurt Warner and the Barnstormers

I think he'd definitely be ready no later than 2K7

Pretty solid mock. I'm like some of the others though...not really sold on McPherson.

Sorry I don't like the first two picks. I think Miami goes 1. Benson (may not be the best ALL around back, but is the best runner and probably the lowest risk.), and then best available OLineman next. With Feeley, Ferotte, and Rosenfels in camp and recently signed, they will not go QB until later if at all. If AJ doesn't work out then look for QB next year.

I am okay with the rest.

phinphan4life said:
Pretty solid mock. I'm like some of the others though...not really sold on McPherson.

Finally someone else that shares that opinion with me. I think he's a litle bit too much of a risk with all the need we have elsewhere

I think we take a QB somewhere along the line... I went for McPherson because of his athletic ability... look at Daunte with Linehan... also look at marcus randall and jamarucs russell at lsu with saban.

I agree there are huge questions over adrian, thats why I mentioned Greene, I would also consider Orton and hopefully Jason Campbell will also slip - IMO at least two of those guys will be around at #70.

Back
Top Bottom