Mock Draft Involving 1st Round Trades with Dallas and Philadelphia | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft Involving 1st Round Trades with Dallas and Philadelphia

Blitz

The Big Zonk
Reaction score
#11 - Carnell Williams (RB - Auburn) *
#31 - Shaun Cody (DT/DE - USC) **
#46 - Matt Jones (WR - Arkansas) ***
#70 - Corey Webster (CB - LSU)
#94 - Andrew Walter (QB - Arizona State) **
4th Round - Michael Munoz (OT - Tennessee)
5th Round - Larry Brackins (WR - Pearl River Community College)
5th Round - Marviel Underwood (S - San Diego State) *
5th Round - Roger Cooper (LB - Montana State) ****
5th Round - Brandon Jacobs (RB/FB - Southern Illinois) **
6th Round - Dan Connolly (OT/OG - Southeast Missouri State) ***
7th Round - Matt Payne (P - BYU)

* - Obtained via trade with Cowboys (#2 for #11, #20, and 5th round pick)
** - Obtained via trade with Eagles (#20 for #31, #94, and 5th round pick)
*** - Obtained via trade with Chiefs (Patrick Surtain for #46 and 6th round pick)
**** - Obtained via trade with Rams (Jeff Zgonina for 5th round pick)

finz99 said:
I like the mock except theres no way Matt Jones is available at that pick.

I wouldn't mind taking Jones 31st overall, and spending the 46th pick on Anttaj Hawthorne (DT - Wisconsin) or Luis Castillo (DT - Northwestern). I'm not convinced that Jones is going to be one of the first fifty players taken, though.

I'm not caught up in the Jones hype.

He hasn't played his drafted position. He's a freakish athlete, but IMO the first and second rounds are for high-percentage picks. Unless you can afford to take bigtime risks (see: NE, Philly) you go with the safer stuff.

There are SO many workout warriors. This kid may not even have his heart in it. He can run as fast as he wants, but if he's never really played WR, he's not going to have the football speed of a sure-footed WR who knows his every move. There are a ton of nuances that go into the position, or else every track athlete with big hands would be a superstar. He can learn them, but it's going to take time.

I mean if you just want a guy that matches up and runs a ~10 yard fade when you're in the red zone, by all means, take him. But if you want a guy that's going to find the soft spot in the zone, you're going to be waiting patiently.

If I had my way, we'd trade Pat for a 2nd, trade down in the 1st (Oakland, Cowboys, SD?) and pick up the Big 3RB that falls (there will be one, if not two), and then Merriman/Barron, and then Shazor, Castillo, and McPhearson (long-term project, but oh well) or Greene/Walter.

i'd rather keep the 20th pick than make that trade with the eagles, honestly.

Why not draft Adrian McPhearson with the 2 pick? He has Elway's arm, Vick's legs, and he's already played pro ball. He's even laser accurate. If "value" is determined in the draft by stats, workouts, and intangibles, doesn't he have all three? What more do you want from a QB? Need more proof...check out Don Banks article on CNNSI.

I like all of those players. It would be hard to pull off a draft like that (especially with all the trades) but it would be bliss if we did!

Finascious D said:
Why not draft Adrian McPhearson with the 2 pick? He has Elway's arm, Vick's legs, and he's already played pro ball. He's even laser accurate. If "value" is determined in the draft by stats, workouts, and intangibles, doesn't he have all three? What more do you want from a QB? Need more proof...check out Don Banks article on CNNSI.

Agree completely. My perfect draft if we are unable to trade down would probably be:

1. Brown
2/3. McPherson
3/4 best center available

We need career players on all positions. The 2/3 3/4 is if we trade surtain with the chiefs.

love all those picks, but all the trades are wishfull thinking

infiltrateib said:
I'm not caught up in the Jones hype.

He hasn't played his drafted position. He's a freakish athlete, but IMO the first and second rounds are for high-percentage picks. Unless you can afford to take bigtime risks (see: NE, Philly) you go with the safer stuff.

There are SO many workout warriors. This kid may not even have his heart in it. He can run as fast as he wants, but if he's never really played WR, he's not going to have the football speed of a sure-footed WR who knows his every move. There are a ton of nuances that go into the position, or else every track athlete with big hands would be a superstar. He can learn them, but it's going to take time.

I mean if you just want a guy that matches up and runs a ~10 yard fade when you're in the red zone, by all means, take him. But if you want a guy that's going to find the soft spot in the zone, you're going to be waiting patiently.

If I had my way, we'd trade Pat for a 2nd, trade down in the 1st (Oakland, Cowboys, SD?) and pick up the Big 3RB that falls (there will be one, if not two), and then Merriman/Barron, and then Shazor, Castillo, and McPhearson (long-term project, but oh well) or Greene/Walter.

Normally, I would agree with you on the Jones issue, but IF we make these trades and get all the extra picks, it would be worth taking a gamble on his athletic ability.

This is like Texas Hold em, with the #2 pick and the trade with the chiefs
we could have a real nice Draft if we keep are cards close to Sabins Chest rolf

Blitz said:
#11 - Carnell Williams (RB - Auburn) *
#31 - Shaun Cody (DT/DE - USC) **
#46 - Matt Jones (WR - Arkansas) ***
#70 - Corey Webster (CB - LSU)
#94 - Andrew Walter (QB - Arizona State) **

* - Obtained via trade with Cowboys (#2 for #11, #20, and 5th round pick)
** - Obtained via trade with Eagles (#20 for #31, #94, and 5th round pick)
*** - Obtained via trade with Chiefs (Patrick Surtain for #46 and 6th round pick)
**** - Obtained via trade with Rams (Jeff Zgonina for 5th round pick)

The tradedowns are great! not so sure about the picks

Back
Top Bottom