mock draft, mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mock draft, mock draft

TeeMoney

Kid A
Club Member
Reaction score
I haven't struggled too much with this, I guess because I don't know Saban's tendencies. But here is a mock of what I think Miami could do in this draft

1st Ronnie Brown rb
3rd Andrew Walter qb
4th wesley britt ot
5th mike goolsby lb
7th sione pouha dt

Goolsby may be a little early, and Britt a little late. Anyone can substitute whatever the QB of the moment may be, or whomever has the most recent pro-day or prepared practice. What I would like to see happen is a little different.

1st Smith
3rd Sproles
4th Britt
5th Goolsby
7th Pouha

I could go on forever...

TeeMoney said:
I haven't struggled too much with this, I guess because I don't know Saban's tendencies. But here is a mock of what I think Miami could do in this draft

1st Ronnie Brown rb
3rd Andrew Walter qb
4th wesley britt ot
5th mike goolsby lb
7th sione pouha dt

Goolsby may be a little early, and Britt a little late. Anyone can substitute whatever the QB of the moment may be, or whomever has the most recent pro-day or prepared practice. What I would like to see happen is a little different.

1st Smith
3rd Sproles
4th Britt
5th Goolsby
7th Pouha

I could go on forever...

You made me very happy with your 1st one. I'd be thrilled if Walter was still there in the 3rd.

Finally someone who does a mock draft without all the trades and loopholes. Straight up and no trade this for that then that for 2 of this and thats next year. THANK YOU

1. C.Williams
3. A.McPherson
4. A.Bigby
5. DT
7. WR/OL

or

1. M.Williams
3. Arrington/Barber/Fason
4. A.Bigby
5. DT/OL
7. OL/DT

but if we were to get Caddy or M.Williams we would probably be able to trade down and grab one of them, since everyone has Brown and Edwards rated higher.

1. Edwards
3. Mcpherson
4. Sproles
5. Junior Rosegreen
7. DT

or

1. Brown
3. McPherson
4. Roby
5. Junior Rosegreen
7. DT

Sproles isn't a 3rd round RB.

A quick question... When did Walters become so popular? He's an average QB at his very best. He's a slightly better version of John Navarre (Michigans QB who was drafted in round 7 in 04).

Hostile7 said:
Sproles isn't a 3rd round RB.

A quick question... When did Walters become so popular? He's an average QB at his very best. He's a slightly better version of John Navarre (Michigans QB who was drafted in round 7 in 04).

He can move better than Navarre (looks akward doing it though). He has much better accuracy, has taken a beating that he's withstood, more impressive stats, more impressive field vision. He's a film junkie and an extremely hard worker. His arm is also more impressive and he has a better frame to add strength too.

Jaj said:
He can move better than Navarre (looks akward doing it though). He has much better accuracy, has taken a beating that he's withstood, more impressive stats, more impressive field vision. He's a film junkie and an extremely hard worker. His arm is also more impressive and he has a better frame to add strength too.

His accuracy is suspect, and had a very up and down career. Not to mention having a huge shoulder surgery.

Jaj said:

I agree about that, but I'm from AZ and all I heard/watched was ASU and Andrew Walter. And some games (not a lot of them), it seemed like he went into tunnel vision. But, that doesnt take away to much from his other great games which he showed awesome field vision (i.e Iowa).

Walter had a horrible offensive line, but he still found ways to win. He can tear apart a defense when his line blocks for him, and when the play breaks down he has the QB 6th sense to slide in the pocket. He does not force the ball into coverage, but finds the open receiver and has very good accuracy. His deep ball may need some work, but he is excellent in the short-intermediate throws. He won't beat a team with his feet, but he has escapability and can make things happen after a play breaks down.

It's debatable if he has enough talent for the NFL.

What about his major shoulder surgery?

Hostile7 said:
OK, besides talent (which is is debatable he has any for the NFL) what about his major shoulder surgery?

I seriously can't understand the first statement, but the shoulder surgery went well and he'll prove it in four days. It's a vertical fracture not horizontal which is far more difficult to heal.

Jaj said:
I seriously can't understand the first statement, but the shoulder surgery went well and he'll prove it in four days. It's a vertical fracture not horizontal which is far more difficult to heal.

That first sentence was horrible:lol:

It's debatable if he has enough talent for the NFL. That's what I was trying to say (and failed).

I thought Walters was going to really put it together his senior year. He failed to do so, and I don't believe he has enough talent.

Back
Top Bottom