****Mock Draft Super Thread****

tcdrover

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm OK with whatever happens.

Not bothered in the least if they don't draft a QB at all.

I'll be honest though, If they trade up for Tua,

My risk for cirrhosis is probably gonna go up even higher than it already is :p

Ferretsquig

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I think there was a general acceptance of both Tunsil and Fitzpatrick....don't remember reading much in the negative about either pick. Tunsil was considered a steal where they got him and Fitz seemed like a solid high ceiling prospect.

Any player with the injury history of Tua will generate controversy and opinions both ways. Add to that the fact that hes a QB and it only amplifies the noise. I think most fans would accept

1. Take Tua at 5
2. Trade down and draft a consensus steal (Simmons drops to 10)

If it appears the front office is outmaneuvered on draft day with some team jumping them for Tua or they end up offering a kings ransom to trade up I think there will be consternation.

Bopkin02

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
What if...
we trade down twice, Tua keeps sliding, and we get him at 14?
Then what?
And don't say it's impossible. Look at draft history; there is frequently some unforeseen player who slides. If anyone is going to slide in this first round, it is going to be him due to fears of medical and inability to check him out.

lbmclean_nocal

Active Roster
Reaction score
a vote against Tua is a vote for just accepting mediocrity. its a vote for Culpepper over Brees. Jake Long over Matt Ryan. are we gonna swing for the fences or yet again just bunt the runner over?

meatpardle

Second String
Reaction score
What if...
we trade down twice, Tua keeps sliding, and we get him at 14?
Then what?
And don't say it's impossible. Look at draft history; there is frequently some unforeseen player who slides. If anyone is going to slide in this first round, it is going to be him due to fears of medical and inability to check him out.
It’s impossible.

Jssanto

Active Roster
Reaction score
I’m going to estimate, if we trade DOWN, more than half the board will lose their minds (unless the top 3 QBs are already gone)
I can agree with this. I would trade down a little, reach for Love , and use the extra picks on OL.

Jssanto

Active Roster
Reaction score
a vote against Tua is a vote for just accepting mediocrity. its a vote for Culpepper over Brees. Jake Long over Matt Ryan. are we gonna swing for the fences or yet again just bunt the runner over?
I understand. I just don’t want to lose him after a hit or two. Anyone can be injured, but some seem more injury free than others.

gregorygrant83

Starter
Reaction score
By the time football returns in 2021 people will be so happy they won't hold any grudges over who Miami picked or didn't pick in the 2020 draft. Get use to the "Desmond Ridder he's our man if he can't do it nobody can." talk in the 2021 draft.

Last edited:

Burt Macklin

Scout Team
Reaction score
Say you were Grier and old Jon Gruden calls you offering pick 12 and 19 for our pick 5....what do you do?

To me, this is a no brainer: YES. You can now pickup a QB (maybe not Tua or Herbert), 1 or 2 OL, DE, Safety, or RB support.

What do you guys think?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom