****Mock Draft Super Thread**** | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Mock Draft Super Thread****

I’m going to estimate, if we trade DOWN, more than half the board will lose their minds (unless the top 3 QBs are already gone)
If the top 3 QBs are all gone, then they'll be mad that we won games in '19. The mantra will be, "Typical Dolphins, nothing has changed". Not that I would agree with that.

I'm OK with whatever happens.

Not bothered in the least if they don't draft a QB at all.

I'll be honest though, If they trade up for Tua,

My risk for cirrhosis is probably gonna go up even higher than it already is :p

I think there was a general acceptance of both Tunsil and Fitzpatrick....don't remember reading much in the negative about either pick. Tunsil was considered a steal where they got him and Fitz seemed like a solid high ceiling prospect.

Any player with the injury history of Tua will generate controversy and opinions both ways. Add to that the fact that hes a QB and it only amplifies the noise. I think most fans would accept

1. Take Tua at 5
2. Trade down and draft a consensus steal (Simmons drops to 10)

If it appears the front office is outmaneuvered on draft day with some team jumping them for Tua or they end up offering a kings ransom to trade up I think there will be consternation.

What if...
we trade down twice, Tua keeps sliding, and we get him at 14?
Then what?
And don't say it's impossible. Look at draft history; there is frequently some unforeseen player who slides. If anyone is going to slide in this first round, it is going to be him due to fears of medical and inability to check him out.

Pass. I would like to get an impact player and better chance picking at 5. If Jacksonville calls then I might listen if Tua is gone.

Back
Top Bottom