****Mock Draft Super Thread**** | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Mock Draft Super Thread****

Say you were Grier and old Jon Gruden calls you offering pick 12 and 19 for our pick 5....what do you do?

To me, this is a no brainer: YES. You can now pickup a QB (maybe not Tua or Herbert), 1 or 2 OL, DE, Safety, or RB support.

What do you guys think?

As @KBEE pointed out, they’ve got 14 picks already.

You do realize that players can he found in other rounds too? They don’t have to all be drafted in the first round. You have to pay those high picks more $$$ too.

I’m ok with trading up or down with purpose. But not just for the sake of adding another pick to fill another perceived hole.

#5 is a valuable selection. Even if a QB wasn’t selected there, a player such as Isaiah Simmons might be had there. Or one of the top tackles.

Dropping to 12 limits those possibilities.

Say you were Grier and old Jon Gruden calls you offering pick 12 and 19 for our pick 5....what do you do?
I give him a seventh and a 6th this year along with the 5th and also ask for a 3rd this year and 2nd next year.

If we don't get TUA, call San Diego and tell them you will trade down with them or JAX. Take the San Diego 3rd round pick. Let them take Hebert. At #6 take Love. You just drafted a QB and and obtain an extra 3rd round pick.

Ok hear me out. Why not give up 5 this year a 2021 first and a 2022 first to move up for burrow or tua. Doesnt hurt Miami at all. They'll still have 3 first rd picks this year, a first round pick next year from the tunsil trade and in 2 years we wouldn't sweat a first round pick with a franchise QB and all the talent surrounding him.

Pull the trigger Grier get your guy! Fingers crossed for TUA tho.

Ok hear me out. Why not give up 5 this year a 2021 first and a 2022 first to move up for burrow or tua. Doesnt hurt Miami at all. They'll still have 3 first rd picks this year, a first round pick next year from the tunsil trade and in 2 years we wouldn't sweat a first round pick with a franchise QB and all the talent surrounding him.

That is far too much to give up for an injury prone QB coming off major hip surgery. I have no problem with them drafting him at 5 because that will only cost them one first round pick but anymore than that I am 100% against.

1. The other team has to agree to it.

2. You are giving up 2 picks for one player. So if by "hurt" you mean giving up assets, then yes they are "hurt."

unless those picks are a Charles Harris/Dion Jordan type miss then it doesn't really hurt us.

Woah.... Calm down Big Boy !!!!!
Are you Mike Tannenbaum?

Our needs are many!!!

My Three round mock:

# 5 Tua or Herbert - QB
# 18 Josh Jones - OT
# 26 Austin Jackson -OT
# 39 Jonathan Taylor - RB
# 56 Chase Claypool - WR
# 70 Ashtyn Davis - S

You may have to use some of our later draft picks to move up in the rounds to get a couple of these players.

That is far too much to give up for an injury prone QB coming off major hip surgery. I have no problem with them drafting him at 5 because that will only cost them one first round pick but anymore than that I am 100% against.

I have to confess, I have a hard time understanding your position. Not singling you out, as I've seen a lot of posts advocating what you suggest. I just don't get it.

If I thought a guy was likely to be the franchise QB my team has been searching for for decades, and I had the draft capital to do so, I'd trade up in a heartbeat to guarantee that the guy was mine. If I didn't think the guy was that elusive guy we've been searching for, I'd grab one of the really good players available at #5 like Simmons, Okudah, Brown, Lamb, Jeudy, or one of the tackles. In fact, I might even trade down a little bit to secure an even bigger draft haul, including one of the other decent QBs available. Not picking a direction and standing pat, with the hopes that this particular guy happens to fall to #5 makes the least sense to me of all the options. Just seems like a wishy-washy approach to me.

If I were a Dolphins fan, I believe that I'd want the powers that be to make a decision as to whether Tua, or even another of the QBs, was the guy they think could be the franchise guy or not. And then proceed with action based on that decision. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom