****Mock Draft Super Thread**** | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Mock Draft Super Thread****

Last edited:
For 3 first rd pick I would trade number 1 pick.. Cincinnati need players just like dolphins..we still got 12 more go. Burrow should be day one starter

Last edited:
--Herbert at 5
--Trade 18 and 56 to move to 11 to get Thomas, Wirfs or Becton (one should be there).
--Safety (whoever the BPA safety here is) at 26.

2nd round pick: JK Dobbins.

3rd round pick: Center, whoever the BPA center here is).

The past few days I have debated a “what if” scenario where the Chargers trade up with either Detroit or NY and select Tua. In that scenario 2 of Okudah, Simmons and Wirfs will be available at 5. In that case I believe we would trade down with SF who would be looking for an elite defensive playmaker and to recoup picks they don’t have this year.

In said scenario SF would get pick (5) and pick (70) this year and we would get pick (13), pick (31) and their 1st next year (realistically we might have to give them pick 56 this year instead of 70 to swing this trade).

In this situation my 2 round draft would be:
(13) - Andrew Thomas OT
(18) - Joshua Jones OT
(26) - Xavier McKinney S
(31) - Jalen Hurts/Jordan Love QB (control 5th year option)
(39) - Cesar Ruiz C
(56) - Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB

Honestly, I really like Hurts. He checks off every box when it comes to a guy you want leading your franchise. I just don’t know how well his game will translate to the NFL.

The past few days I have debated a “what if” scenario where the Chargers trade up with either Detroit or NY and select Tua. In that scenario 2 of Okudah, Simmons and Wirfs will be available at 5. In that case I believe we would trade down with SF who would be looking for an elite defensive playmaker and to recoup picks they don’t have this year.

In said scenario SF would get pick (5) and pick (70) this year and we would get pick (13), pick (31) and their 1st next year (realistically we might have to give them pick 56 this year instead of 70 to swing this trade).

In this situation my 2 round draft would be:
(13) - Andrew Thomas OT
(18) - Joshua Jones OT
(26) - Xavier McKinney S
(31) - Jalen Hurts/Jordan Love QB (control 5th year option)
(39) - Cesar Ruiz C
(56) - Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB

Honestly, I really like Hurts. He checks off every box when it comes to a guy you want leading your franchise. I just don’t know how well his game will translate to the NFL.

Did I really just read checks off every box but I don’t know if his game will translate?

the what?

Some of these trade scenarios are god awful. There is too much value in round 1 to be giving away picks unless it is to get your franchise QB.

Cynthia Frelund:

PICK

Joe Burrow - QB

School: LSU | Year: Senior (RS)

Again, an unchanged projection from Mock 1.0. One note on the QB that adds context from the last mock: On both passing attempts from a clean pocket and under pressure, Burrow had the highest percentage of throws that came within three feet of his intended receiver for any draft-eligible quarterback this season. I also compared his mark with the consensus top 10 QBs from last season ... and the 10 from the season before ... and his percentage tops all of them. Let that sink in, because I did a lot of coding to get here. Not one consensus top-10 draft-eligible QB from the last few classes had a higher percentage of on-target passes than Burrow.

I don’t know who I love more, Burrow or Frelund.

Did I really just read checks off every box but I don’t know if his game will translate?

the what?

You could read it that way, sure. That’s not how I interpret what I wrote, but to each their own I guess. To clarify, I meant he checks off all the intangibles you want a franchise QB to have, but I don’t know how his game translates to the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom