****Mock Draft Super Thread**** | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Mock Draft Super Thread****

How is that SF recouping anything?

SF is all in with a closing window. Trading 13 and 31 for 5 would allow them to get a day 1 impact player. Trading a future 1st, that would most likely be 24+, would allow them to pick up a 2nd or 3rd round pick they don’t have this year. This is a 100% purely hypothetical situation. SF could elect to go Ruggs at 13 and Shenault/Higgins/Swift/Dobbins/etc. at 31 and completely rebuild their offense for another playoff push.

The past few days I have debated a “what if” scenario where the Chargers trade up with either Detroit or NY and select Tua. In that scenario 2 of Okudah, Simmons and Wirfs will be available at 5. In that case I believe we would trade down with SF who would be looking for an elite defensive playmaker and to recoup picks they don’t have this year.

In said scenario SF would get pick (5) and pick (70) this year and we would get pick (13), pick (31) and their 1st next year (realistically we might have to give them pick 56 this year instead of 70 to swing this trade).

In this situation my 2 round draft would be:
(13) - Andrew Thomas OT
(18) - Joshua Jones OT
(26) - Xavier McKinney S
(31) - Jalen Hurts/Jordan Love QB (control 5th year option)
(39) - Cesar Ruiz C
(56) - Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB

Honestly, I really like Hurts. He checks off every box when it comes to a guy you want leading your franchise. I just don’t know how well his game will translate to the NFL.
That is an interesting scenario. Talk in the Bay Area is that SF wanted to position themselves for Jeudy or Lamb at #13. Of course, that's just speculation from the media, but after losing Sanders in free agency that seems to make sense. The 49ers also need a DT to replace Buckner, potentially a LT to eventually replace Joe Staley and a couple of DB's. That secondary is a weakness that wasn't exposed as much because of the pass rush in SF.

Okudah could actually be a player the 49ers would trade up for at #5. I could see that. I like getting Thomas at #13. I might go Jefferson at #18, although I see what you are doing in rebuilding the offensive line. McKinney is a perfect fit for Flores. I don't see Love lasting to #31, but Hurts could. That's very interesting. I like Hurts more than most. He could fit with Chan Gailey and would instantly give Miami a running attack.

That is an interesting scenario. Talk in the Bay Area is that SF wanted to position themselves for Jeudy or Lamb at #13. Of course, that's just speculation from the media, but after losing Sanders in free agency that seems to make sense. The 49ers also need a DT to replace Buckner, potentially a LT to eventually replace Joe Staley and a couple of DB's. That secondary is a weakness that wasn't exposed as much because of the pass rush in SF.

Okudah could actually be a player the 49ers would trade up for at #5. I could see that. I like getting Thomas at #13. I might go Jefferson at #18, although I see what you are doing in rebuilding the offensive line. McKinney is a perfect fit for Flores. I don't see Love lasting to #31, but Hurts could. That's very interesting. I like Hurts more than most. He could fit with Chan Gailey and would instantly give Miami a running attack.

IMO they don’t trade Buckner for the #13 pick without a plan to be aggressive. They could absolutely use it on a WR. Value wise the 5th pick and the 13th/31st are fairly close. Thought it would be a fun project to speculate if they went super aggressive for Wirfs or Okudah and traded up with us. In my mock Thomas and Ruggs are available at 13, but they were both gone at 18. I like Thomas a lot, but I could have gone Ruggs at 13 and Jones at 18 or Thomas at 13 and Jefferson at 18. I’d be happy with either of those picks at 13/18 plus McKinney and Hurts. Picking up a future first would also give us 3 1sts and 2 2nds next year for a ton of flexibility.

Latest Mock with TUA as QB; Upgrade the OL; grab pro bowl S; Grab premium RB; double down on QBs in 4th Round (need to develop 2 starting QBs; grab slot WR; grab nickel CB; build depth and improve special teams;

Tua Tagovailoa
, QB
Alabama

Xavier McKinney
, S
Alabama

Josh Jones
, OT
Houston

J.K. Dobbins
, RB
Ohio State

Lucas Niang
, OT
TCU

Matt Hennessy
, IOL
Temple

James Morgan
, QB
Florida International

Devin Duvernay
, WR
Texas

Josiah Scott
, CB
Michigan State

Khalil Davis
, IDL
Nebraska

Jonathan Garvin
, EDGE
Miami

Stephen Sullivan
, TE
LSU

Grayland Arnold
, CB
Baylor

T.J. Brunson
, LB
South Carolina

And this guy makes no sense. In one sentence he’s saying Burrow is not a great prospect like Luck was. Then the next sentence he says Herbert is not a great QB like Burrow and Tua who can rally players around them .

Three things are for sure... a team will take somebody too early, an unexpected team will trade up, and a “top 10” player will slide deep into first or early 2nd rd.

And this guy makes no sense. In one sentence he’s saying Burrow is not a great prospect like Luck was. Then the next sentence he says Herbert is not a great QB like Burrow and Tua who can rally players around them .
It makes sense to me. He’s saying he wouldn’t give the farm for Burrow because he’s no Andrew luck but at the same time he is much better then Herbert

Replace pick 26 with a S instead of a RB and I’d like it

He’s also giving up too much I think to move up to 13. Ari gave Oakland a 3rd to move up to 9 I think. But I don’t remember how many spots they moved up

Back
Top Bottom