Mock Draft.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft....

Fins05:NewHope

Long Time Veteran
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/02/16/mock.draft2.part2/index.html

does this guy....fit into our scheme....will he jump right in and start? at 6-6 300 sounds very promising....Houdson Houck....is a line genius...so I think he can make just about anything work...after seeing our bunch of bananas play like a team this past year.

I just realized im gonna get yelled at...for wrong placement of thread....oh well....give me my points...

i dont know how i feel going O-Line in the 1st round. its a need yes, but with Houck on the staff it makes it less of a need, not to mention that we spent a pick, albeit a low one on Alabi last year, not to mention that we still almost churned out 2 1000 yard rushers last season behind our line so they must be doing something right. i think we should address another need in the 1st round.

Nick13 said:
i dont know how i feel going O-Line in the 1st round. its a need yes, but with Houck on the staff it makes it less of a need, not to mention that we spent a pick, albeit a low one on Alabi last year, not to mention that we still almost churned out 2 1000 yard rushers last season behind our line so they must be doing something right. i think we should address another need in the 1st round.

I think you are 100% correct. Besides Alabi we also picked up Vernon Carey a couple of years ago in the first round( If I remember correctly). Hadnot is also a young one. And witht possibility of picking up either Bentley, Hutch I think the Dolphins should/would/or could go another direction. I belive that Saban will consider trading down to pick up more draft choices. But who am I? I don't anything about what Saban is going to do.

I don't think we'll go OT at 16...maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round....is also posible that we could draft a guard or a center at some point unless we go that way in free agency.

Ozzy rules!!

If Winston Justice is the best player available there when we pick and can't trade down then thats probably who Saban picks. That line last year was horrible and having Ronnie Brown is nothing unless you have the oline to block for him. I realize that maybe you could pick up someone else in the 2nd and 3rd, But if he is there and no other person Miami really likes is why take the chance. There are gunna be more of everything later on in the draft.

Why does every mock have Jimmy Williams going like 1 or 2 slots before Miami picks? It's just not fair! Also tackle in the first goes beyond picking the best available player as if Miami wants to improve the play of its line (which seems close to being great) they'll need a high impact LT and most of the more sure prospects in the position, if not all, probably won't be there when they pick in the second round.

Skeet84 said:
If Winston Justice is the best player available there when we pick and can't trade down then thats probably who Saban picks. That line last year was horrible and having Ronnie Brown is nothing unless you have the oline to block for him. I realize that maybe you could pick up someone else in the 2nd and 3rd, But if he is there and no other person Miami really likes is why take the chance. There are gunna be more of everything later on in the draft.

This Draft is pretty thick... I can see us getting two big contibuters on Day one... My opinion is that if justice is there he is wel worth the first and would Start... in the second I would go with the best available corner. Who that is depends totally on the combine/interviews and those who draft ahead of us.

I want a dominating LT.....to me, LT is the 2nd most important position on the field....I want our Walter Jones.....

Yeah HH is here but for how long? if we draft Justice or McNeill, they will be here for 10-15 years..

If Cutler, Huff and Williams are gone, i want Justice gosh darn it...(I am actually leaning more towards McNeil but that flowed..haha)

This draft is kinda LT heavy so we need to take advantage. The only thing that should stop this is if Alabi can start at LT this year. I think Vernon can play LT as well, but then what do we do with RT. Is Alabi big enough yet?

Skeet84 said:
That line last year was horrible and having Ronnie Brown is nothing unless you have the oline to block for him.
the line was horrible? averaged 4.2 yards per carry all year. ended up 12th in the league in total rushing, while having less rushing attempts per game than any of the teams above them. and miami was 4th in the league in least sacks allowed. the teams that finished ahead of them? indianapolis, denver and cincinnati. houck did a great job last year. that doesn't mean drafting T in the first round would be a mistake, but to call the line horrible is simply untrue. i know you have a thing for justice, so i'll just assume that's why you said that.

This is a pretty good draft for LT's and the top 5 can easily become franchise OL cornerstones. Saban should take advantage of that. Why be good when you can be great? But IMO, QB is still the greatest need.

i dont think that mock is that acuurate.
orange4ci-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom