Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft

Nick13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
this is my 7 round mock draft for our phins. this isnt neccesarily what i think we WILL do, but more something i would like us TO do. here we go...

1st round-Trade down to 29th pick of the Jets, and acquire their second in the process-the pick= Manny Lawson, DE/LB, NCST

2nd round (from Jets)- Max Jean-Gilles, G, Georia
2nd round (from idiot Vikings) Daunte Culpepper, QB, Love Boat

3rd round-Derek Hagan Wr, Arizona St.

4th round-Traded to Jets in order to get 2nd rounder.

5th-Manny Wright, DT, USC

6th-Cleo Lemon, QB, Chargers

7th-Eric Smith, S, Michigan St.

7th-Gilbert Harris, FB, Arizona

7th-Leon Williams, ILB, Miami(FL)

now let me explain my picks.

i dont think there is much explanation needed for Lawson, the kid has all the measurables and infuses our Defense with some good youth. can play end or LB which gives him versatility on more of a chance to see the field. not to mention he is great value at that spot.

Max Jean-Gilles gives us a good solid blocker on the line. he can start right away, but doesnt have to if we dont need him to. he would be a much cheaper alternative to Jeno James who will be 30 (i think) at the beginning of next season. can also play the tackle spot if need be, again, versatility.

Culpepper-HAHAHAHAHAHA, CHILDRESS YOU IDIOT!!!!!!

Derek Hagan gives us a good compliment to Booker and CC, can be a possesion reciever, but also has the ability to beat corners deep. has good size and can go up to get the ball. will be a weapon on third downs and across the middle of the field.

Manny Wright, he might cry a little but, should turn into a solid starter in a year or two.

Cleo is an enigma.

Eric Smith would be a young safety who would come in as a project. has good size, a decent hitter, good run stopping safety. not the fastest of guys, but i think he can be worked with.

Gilbert Harris is a solid blocker, he opens holes well, i watched him for two years at U of A, he's a talented ball carrier in short yardage situations, could be a viable goaline threat. (the only problem with his blocking was Mike Bell was an indecisive back who didnt hit holes hard enough). Beasley is a great FB but again, not getting any younger, Harris i think would develop into a good blocker and situational runner.

Leon Williams supposedly is an incredibly gifted player, who lacks a little work ethic, good size 6-3, 245, good speed at 4.65. we need a replacement for Zach, and i'm not saying the end of the seventh round is exactly the place to look for him, but give a guy with good talent a good coaching staff and mentor and he can perform, would be low risk pick at this spot, if nothing else gives us solid depth at MLB.

Nick13 said:
this is my 7 round mock draft for our phins. this isnt neccesarily what i think we WILL do, but more something i would like us TO do. here we go...

1st round-Trade down to 29th pick of the Jets, and acquire their second in the process-the pick= Manny Lawson, DE/LB, NCST

2nd round (from Jets)- Max Jean-Gilles, G, Georia
2nd round (from idiot Vikings) Daunte Culpepper, QB, Love Boat

3rd round-Derek Hagan Wr, Arizona St.

4th round-Traded to Jets in order to get 2nd rounder.

5th-Manny Wright, DT, USC

6th-Cleo Lemon, QB, Chargers

7th-Eric Smith, S, Michigan St.

7th-Gilbert Harris, FB, Arizona

7th-Leon Williams, ILB, Miami(FL)

now let me explain my picks.

i dont think there is much explanation needed for Lawson, the kid has all the measurables and infuses our Defense with some good youth. can play end or LB which gives him versatility on more of a chance to see the field. not to mention he is great value at that spot.

Max Jean-Gilles gives us a good solid blocker on the line. he can start right away, but doesnt have to if we dont need him to. he would be a much cheaper alternative to Jeno James who will be 30 (i think) at the beginning of next season. can also play the tackle spot if need be, again, versatility.

Culpepper-HAHAHAHAHAHA, CHILDRESS YOU IDIOT!!!!!!

Derek Hagan gives us a good compliment to Booker and CC, can be a possesion reciever, but also has the ability to beat corners deep. has good size and can go up to get the ball. will be a weapon on third downs and across the middle of the field.

Manny Wright, he might cry a little but, should turn into a solid starter in a year or two.

Cleo is an enigma.

Eric Smith would be a young safety who would come in as a project. has good size, a decent hitter, good run stopping safety. not the fastest of guys, but i think he can be worked with.

Gilbert Harris is a solid blocker, he opens holes well, i watched him for two years at U of A, he's a talented ball carrier in short yardage situations, could be a viable goaline threat. (the only problem with his blocking was Mike Bell was an indecisive back who didnt hit holes hard enough). Beasley is a great FB but again, not getting any younger, Harris i think would develop into a good blocker and situational runner.

Leon Williams supposedly is an incredibly gifted player, who lacks a little work ethic, good size 6-3, 245, good speed at 4.65. we need a replacement for Zach, and i'm not saying the end of the seventh round is exactly the place to look for him, but give a guy with good talent a good coaching staff and mentor and he can perform, would be low risk pick at this spot, if nothing else gives us solid depth at MLB.
This should have been posted in the draft forum.:wink:

I really like picking up a 2nd to get MJG. He is a stud OG and could imediatly challenge for the starting lineup.

I don't think though that in that trade scenario we would have to give up our 4th rd pick. Would have to look up the numbers but would think that a 2nd would be needed to move up that many spots in the first round.

Personally at 29, I would rather us take Bobby Carpenter. If he is still there.

looks pretty good though. I am definately hoping we get a trading partner to get our 2nd round pick back. There is good value at that bottom of the 1st this year. Just depends on who drops to our spot when we pick.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
I really like picking up a 2nd to get MJG. He is a stud OG and could imediatly challenge for the starting lineup.

I don't think though that in that trade scenario we would have to give up our 4th rd pick. Would have to look up the numbers but would think that a 2nd would be needed to move up that many spots in the first round.

Personally at 29, I would rather us take Bobby Carpenter. If he is still there.

looks pretty good though. I am definately hoping we get a trading partner to get our 2nd round pick back. There is good value at that bottom of the 1st this year. Just depends on who drops to our spot when we pick.

we might not have had to, but i think with the Denver/SF trade kind of setting the value we would. SF moved up 18 spots essentially, and gave away a 3rd rounder. the jets would be moving up 13 spots, so we would have to include the 4th rounder to balance it out in order to get their 1st and second round pick.

Back
Top Bottom