Mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock draft

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
this is a weird mock draft they have us getting Roy Williams at 20th overall and Fittzgerald is down at 8th overall:confused:

http://www.otcdraft.com/mocks/

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's mock draft is it, and do you have any idea why they seem to hate the wide receivers?

Roy Williams at 20? We should be so lucky. He could run a 4.8 in the 40 and I still don't think that would happen.

It's not totally unrealistic. It's with Mike Williams goin at two, and then fitz falls to around 7 or 8 which pushes all the other WR way down.. and the picks they have between 2 and 8 aren't that bad. I would check this one out. You never know what really will happen, but this is possible.

No way does Roy Williams get to 20. None. Nada. Nil.

Maybe not that far, but here is another one from fox sports where, this time, Big Ben drops way down because of Mile Williams. Fox Sports.

Check it out.

Someone always slips. Taylor Jacobs was projected to go around 13 the day before the draft last year.

He fell to 44

I was praying that he was gonna fall a little more to us.

Roy Williams might fall. He is now rated as the third best receiver in the draft. If any of the big gun recievers (Mike/Roy Williams, Fitz) area around at 12 we should look to trade up.

If Roy Williams is on the board when the Jets pick, he takes them. Roethlisberger won't fall out of the top 10.

Originally posted by Boomer
If Roy Williams is on the board when the Jets pick, he takes them. Roethlisberger won't fall out of the top 10.

Mike Williams' entry may affect Roethlisberger more than any other prospect. If the Cards don't take him and the Giants take the safe route with Gallery, the following six teams all have taken a first-round QB within the past five years so YES he could fall outside the top ten if the Cards and Giants pass on him.

If Roethlisberger falls past #4, someone will trade up to grab him, he's not falling out of the top 10. Pittsburgh might make the move up just to assure they can have him, for that matter.

Anything is posible and anyone can drop. The thing is, will the dolphins take the guy on the board that we feel they should take? I'm hoping they will not trow us a curve ball but they've done it before.They passed on Calico and Boldin last year and afew OT's.But of course, Wanny's not calling the shots this time so there's hope.

Ozzy rules!!

No way does Roy Williams get to 20. None. Nada. Nil.

You just never know...Dan Marino was not expected to drop that late and we all know what happened when he did...so you just never know!!!

Let's start some rumors about Big Ben...maybe he'll drop to us...that would be awesome!!!

The reason Marino dropped was because of a sub-par Senior year and rumours of cocaine problems.

Originally posted by phunwin
Who's mock draft is it?

Ok....I'll admit....I'm a member of the conspiracy.....do i think williams is better than 20? Yes. But when we do a mock, we try to put ourselves in the place of the GM for each team. We take into consideration the team and it's current needs. The mock just went that way. At the end of every mock you always look back and question a few things. Roy Williams at 20 was one of the questions in my mind that's for sure. But no mock is perfect.

Moving on....I hope you guys visit our site again. I had the pleasure of speaking with Jonathan Vilma yesterday, and i'd like you guys to check out the interview. He wasn't a very talkative person...seems to be a "do my talking on the field" type of guy. But all of the feedback thus far has been positive. We have more interviews coming soon...possibly one very soon....very close to Vilma...like right next to him;) you can check out the Vilma interview here:

http://www.otcdraft.com/interviews/EpZulFkEkFrWjimvle.php

You also may want to check out our Luke McCown interview. He's the brother of Arizona Cardinals QB Josh McCown...And a guy I see as a mid-round sleeper...the type of player i see the dolphins taking as a quarterback of the future. We are looking into a follow-up interview with him since he had an excellent combine, and performed as he said he would, throwing well and running two low 4.6's, even though we had him projected just under 4.8. One of the weaknesses I had for him was size. He improved in that area as well, adding 9lbs prior to the combine. You can check out the McCown interview here:

http://www.otcdraft.com/interviews/EpZuuApyEZmLvEIOvo.php

Stay tuned.......more to come.........

If Roy Williams is on the board when the Jets pick, he takes them.

If they have winfield you may be right. We went CB because they were very interested in Champ Bailey....And I spoke with the agent of Chris Gamble and he said the Jets were very interested..that's where he projected Gamble to go...We had gamble going just before the Jets, but we stuck with a CB pick.

Back
Top Bottom