Mock drafts changing... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock drafts changing...

I like the idea of Meinerz at guard, as reserve this year and as a future starter. Jenkins, Meinerz, Kindley, Hunt and Fluker would give you several olinemen that just love to manhandle people.

The center prospect that is really growing on me is Ryan McCollum Texas A & M. Love what he brings as a late day 3 prospect.
I agree that Meinerz has tremendous potential as a guard. If we had him there as a pulling guard our run game would improve significantly. Given that Kindley looks like a good addition at guard and that Hunt appears to be more of a guard than tackle ... it might feel a little like a logjam. At least in the interim, if Meinerz could play center we could field the same OL for several years and really let that chemistry develop. When Flowers' contract is up we could have his replacement there without the FA cost. In the interim, we'd have good coverage across our interior OL, and an emergency tackle in Hunt. Pairing that with our solid LT of Austin Jackson, we'd only really need a RT to provide OL that was solid across the board.

Jesse Davis is a solid OL contributor with versatility all across the OL. By the time his contract expires he might be at the age we want to move on from him, and having another OL already on roster would ease that transition. Right now, Austin Jackson at LT, and Kindley/Hunt at guards is our best case scenario. Either way, we're about 2 years away from replacing at least 2 OL spots, and more likely 3 as whomever loses that guard competition likely becomes a solid backup. We need to add one starting OL this year somewhere along the line, with C and RT being the biggest openings ... but if a rookie outplays Ereck Flowers, we can move on from him sooner and save money. Karras overperformed his contract and we didn't/couldn't re-sign him. Flowers underperformed and we're probably looking to get out of that contract.

I dont know why/how a brand new HC would hitch himself to 36 year old QB when he has the 4th pick of the draft. A pick so high they never intend to be able to pick that situation again. Contract be damned. I laught at those that think they can't get out of it. Every single contract is movable or walkawayable if the situation dictates a better future option for the team. Look at QB movement the last 3 years!

I dont know why/how a brand new HC would hitch himself to 36 year old QB when he has the 4th pick of the draft. A pick so high they never intend to be able to pick that situation again. Contract be damned. I laught at those that think they can't get out of it. Every single contract is movable or walkawayable if the situation dictates a better future option for the team. Look at QB movement the last 3 years!
Atl need defense players badly..if they dont fix there defense. they will be picking top 10 again

Outside of the top 8-10 picks, this draft isn't very appealing. There is a significant amount of questions surrounding almost every prospect outside of Pitts.

But the good news is, these overrated QB's are helping Miami. I don't believe any of the QB's will amount anything significant. There is also a serious lack of talent at Edge and LB, making it hard to predict who, what and where.

So long as Miami has, 4 QB's go before pick six, they'll have a real chance to get a very talented player. Lack luster year for the draft talent.

When all the dust settles, Pitts and Chase will be gone by the time Miami picks, barring a trade up of course. Absent a trade up from some team to take a QB, lots of these mocks look more like fan wish lists than reality.

Why must I live in a world where 3 is too high and 6 too low? That’s lunacy.

Also, I have to live in a world where 6 is too high for a TE but not our 6. Noooo. Our #6 is not high enough. He’s already gone.

3- do better than a TE.
6- missed out on beast TE

What in the fk?

Pitts is a done deal, folks. We’re the only team picking that has the luxury of taking a TE so high.

A lot of mocks have Miami landing Pitts at 6. I’ve been looking at all the mock drafts for the last few weeks and you can start seeing them changing. With a week to go before the draft you would think a lot of these so called mock experts are starting to get a clearer picture of this draft.
No, their previous mocks are getting stale they need to post new material to keep relevant. They know no more today than they did a month or so ago... :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom