Mock drafts changing... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock drafts changing...

I’m seeing Jaelan Phillips quite a bit now at 18. Probably would be my absolute least favorite pick at 18.

With his medical history I don’t see the value in picking him in the first round. If he was completely healthy he’d be a top 10 pick but almost had to quit football due to health concerns and that equates to the 18th pick? Pass...he’ll be smart to sign that rookie contract, play a couple seasons and retire. Happens all the time.

I’m seeing Jaelan Phillips quite a bit now at 18. Probably would be my absolute least favorite pick at 18.

With his medical history I don’t see the value in picking him in the first round. If he was completely healthy he’d be a top 10 pick but almost had to quit football due to health concerns and that equates to the 18th pick? Pass...he’ll be smart to sign that rookie contract, play a couple seasons and retire. Happens all the time.

Phillips would be my favorite pick at #18. He's an absolute freak and has the best tape of any edge prospect this year. Where it not for the overblown injury concerns this guy would go top 10 no problem. Miami has an abundance of picks and this pick would be the FO swinging for the fences. Scared money don't make money.

He was FORCED to retire by UCLA because of some weird concussion protocol they have. From all accounts he had a real renaissance in Miami and is laser focused on football. I'm sure the FO has talked to him and if they're comfortable with the guy, I'll trust their judgement.

Have you seen the Jenkins video?

These two, together might end up killing someone.

As much as I want Edge (Phillips or Paye) at 18, I would also be 100% okay with drafting this beast (Jenkins) at #18. He and Hunt can battle it out at RT, loser goes to RG. I like Mienerz at #50 or #81 as well, if we miss on Humphreys or Dickerson.

Last edited:
From what I see every single team will draft down to the point where there are no first round picks this year other than QBs. I'm guessing it won't be as crazy as people want it to be. But hey, it's pre-draft fun.

I guess Fins trade two first rounders this year for four next year. Always think future, never the moment. :NUTS:

My ideal draft would involve multiple trades. I’d take Pitts at 6 and trade Gesicki for a 2nd or 3rd.

Then I’d use that Gesicki 2nd or 3rd to trade up from 18 and get Waddle or Smith or Micah Parsons (whichever of the three drops to 14-15).

Then at 36 I’d take Najee Harris or Etienne or Williams.

Then I’d use 50 on Landon Dickerson or Creed Humphrey or Alex Leatherwood.

And finally, 81 on either a pass rushing OLB (if we took Waddle or Smith) or a WR (if we took Parsons). At OLB, I like Rumph or Browning or Patrick Johnson or Malcolm Koonce. At WR, I like Tylan Wallace or Tamorrion Terry or Amon-Ra St. Brown.
That’s called a fantasy draft. Tune in next Thursday for the real thing. 😜

Nasty, great olinemen help the offense immensely, both in run and pass plays. We could use another. Phillips is boom or bust depending on medicals, if healthy the guy would be top 10 maybe top 5, he's the best pressure guy ready to plug in play in the draft. Pitts (Smith), Phillips (if med are ok) and one of the big nastys if we can pull it off would be unbelievable. Double down on a second tier receiver later and wham, boom, thank you mam. Squeeze a runner in there with one of the 2nds and it's paint the ceiling time.

Being on the Jaguars is a death sentence. And Urban Meyer is the coach 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Let's see how Urban, aka: Manbaby deals with losing 10 games next year.
Didn't Meyer already retire with a "deadly illness" after losing...was it 4 games? Urban Meyer is a weak, clown.
How many nat’l champs have you coached “king”?
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

IMO the odds of Atlanta taking Pitts vs. a QB (or trading back with a team that does the same) is about 50/50 and have been all along. The same with the Bengals taking Chase or Sewell. The mocks tend to fluctuate based on the most recent comment by team official or player, but I don't think anything has really changed.

Thing about Smith is, betting against him might be a meme some day when he is inducted into the HoF
I wish the young man the best but my dream draft is
6. Pitts
18. Jenkins
36. Moore or Toney
50. Williams
After that we go hard Defense and a Center. I want that wild animal of a Center, Quinn Meinerz
I'm not sure Williams makes it to 36, much less 50. And I expect Meinerz to be gone by 81.

Thing about Smith is, betting against him might be a meme some day when he is inducted into the HoF
I wish the young man the best but my dream draft is
6. Pitts
18. Jenkins
36. Moore or Toney
50. Williams
After that we go hard Defense and a Center. I want that wild animal of a Center, Quinn Meinerz
Bingo! Don’t know if Williams will be at 50 but I would love that draft. I think 1st 3 picks are a huge possibility!

1.Pitts
1b. Jenkins
2. Toney/Moore
2b. Meinerz

Offense is set for years to come. Stevenson/Chubbard/__________ later in the draft.
sign me up!

Back
Top Bottom