Mock Drafts....daniel Jones-qb Duke | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Drafts....daniel Jones-qb Duke

I'm not making any judgements/recommendations on quarterbacks until I get more information but the part of this draft that sucks for me right now is there is only 1 team picking behind us that needs a QB so moving down would be really tough. Washington is the only team and that needs one but it would not net us a high enough pick for me to even do it. Moving down two spots is the equivalent of a high 4th round pick on the trade chart.

The only other option is if Oakland doesn't want to spend #4 on a QB and wants to trade up with 27 & 35 for 13.

im ok with jones, nab him if available tho i doubt he will be.
im assuming we will have a real OL coach now that guru is gone.

Can someone tell me why Ryan Finley isn't a first round candidate? I watch some of his games and he looks really good. Picked Clemson apart. He has a good arm, size and he's athletic. What's the knock on him? The only thing I noticed is he's 24
Knock seems to be that he's 'just' a game manager, not dynamic enough and doesn't have a super-high ceiling . Perfectly serviceable and consistent but not good at the kind of things that get scouts and mock drafters excited.

Give him 5 years in a Dolphin uniform and down the road we can refer to the 15 year era as the Henne-Hill-Jones era; aka the good ole below-average era.

Why does the OL keep finishing bottom of the league though? Ok so it is all the QB? I guess were going to find out without Ryan here...

Who knows how they would have played wirh Sitton, also the back ie Drake and some of the TE’s didn’t help protectction either.

You cant tell me you were comfortable with the interior OL play?

I wasn't, it wasn't great but look around the NFL. I watched a Monday (or Sunday) night game with Carolina in it, at that point in time the Panthers were flying at that time. All you saw in the game was Newton getting hit, sacked and pressured, he was taking a massive amount of abuse, I commented on it in the general forum that I didn't want to hear anyone complain about our line after watching that. The panthers are not the only ones, it's more common than not that these lines can't consistently protect their QBs. There are very few great lines in the game today, probably because the talent is slim coming up from college as the style is producing a different type of lineman.

Over the Tannehill years we've invested more 1st round draft picks on the Oline than any other position, we also brought in high priced former first rounders like Albert. But when a QB is only successful if he doesn't have to process any information and can get his throw off to his first target within 2 seconds. A QB who clearly doesn't understand how to set protections. A QB who has zero ability to improvise and escape pressure. Your line is always going to struggle to maintain protection and give up multiple sacks.

We've got a huge amount of holes on this team. The oline is one area that needs patching up but it's far from the weakest unit on the field from a talent perspective. If Wake is not extended and/or Quinn is cut we've got literally no edge rush. Our best interior Dlinemen are 2nd year pros 5th and 7th round picks. We have one CB on the whole damn roster than is capable. The LBs will need to addressed opnce again this off season. The wideouts lack a true alpha and our best weapons, weapons who depend on speed are both coming back from major injuries, we have no idea if they will ever be the same. And then the biggest hole, the QB position. I just don't see the need for us to again have to try to patch the Oline with more high draft picks or more money thrown at it, when priorities need to lie elsewhere.

My preferenace, as I have stated many a time, is for an aggressive move up to secure Murray, with Haskins being my 2nd choice, I would be aggressive for him also. Failing that, then I'm looking a Lock at 13, or a trade down for Grier, or Easton stick (may be able to get him in the later rounds) but if their play is to tank for Tua, then I'm either trading back to accumulate 2020 draft capital (I will need to draft Tua) or taking one of the best Dline talent in the draft, as that's where the strength of this draft is and is where our biggest need (outside of QB) is. You can address the interior Oline through FA and/or in the later rounds of the draft.

In thinking Denver takes a long look at Drew..

Elway was present at Lock's senior day, his last appearance at home for Mizzou. The conditions in that game were simply awful, rain coming down sideways. Lock was excellent, both with his arm and legs that day, Elway would have been very impressed, I think they take him if he's there, which I think he will be, they may even take him if others like Murray and Haskins are still on the board.

Arm is too weak. Doubt Elway really likes him that much.

I assume you are talking about JOnes here and not Lock, who has a cannon !

Here's Daniel Jeremiah's analysis

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...w-lock-missouri-qb-similar-to-patrick-mahomes

Lock has an intriguing skill set. He's big, athletic and possesses plenty of arm strength. I love the urgency of his footwork in the pocket and he does a nice job of getting the ball out quickly. He can easily drive the ball outside the numbers and throws a beautiful dig route over the middle.

My stepdaughter is dating a Mizz bball player and he said Lock is a good kid/guy! Teammates loved him! Just an opinion from someone on campus,around other athletes there and at times weight room.

I wasn't, it wasn't great but look around the NFL. I watched a Monday (or Sunday) night game with Carolina in it, at that point in time the Panthers were flying at that time. All you saw in the game was Newton getting hit, sacked and pressured, he was taking a massive amount of abuse, I commented on it in the general forum that I didn't want to hear anyone complain about our line after watching that. The panthers are not the only ones, it's more common than not that these lines can't consistently protect their QBs. There are very few great lines in the game today, probably because the talent is slim coming up from college as the style is producing a different type of lineman.

Over the Tannehill years we've invested more 1st round draft picks on the Oline than any other position, we also brought in high priced former first rounders like Albert. But when a QB is only successful if he doesn't have to process any information and can get his throw off to his first target within 2 seconds. A QB who clearly doesn't understand how to set protections. A QB who has zero ability to improvise and escape pressure. Your line is always going to struggle to maintain protection and give up multiple sacks.

Oh yes the DL is a problem also - Hugh- and yes we have no CB2 so we have to get that someplace.. I guess as far as the OL one factor is what they decide to do with James- we just can't address everything in this draft but I think they have finally accepted that reality instead of trying to "fix" everything all at once. They have made bad choices along the OL besides Tunsil that fell in their lap, and then you have the Harris selection on the DL.. what supports the bad evaluations along the OL though are the fact of how many they have went through and the fact that hardly any have signed on after with other teams and been effective with those teams. (again their have been a couple but considering how many lineman we went through).

I know the plan is to rebuild but I'm not sure they jettison every veteran- we may need to keep some bodies around- at least for one more year or so etc. ie a Sitton or a Wake, otherwise I just don't know if will have enough bodies for the roster.

Also, I think I would consider Lock at 13 or as you suggest Stick later as you mentioned..

So was Pennington's who was also a first round pick and had a good career. Jones is also 6'5 and runs well, he's an excellent QB prospect despite what y'all believe.

id say the arm is similar to penningtons. be a lot about ball placement and timing out of hand. like pennington. peyton manning didn't have a cannon by any means. but his timing and placement was boss level. as was his ability to process information. something jones is gonna have to develop at the pro level.

jones has pretty good feet and mechanics though. looks like one of those rare what do I have in 3 years kids. cant be late outside the #s with that arm though.

I saw something that said jones ran 4.5 and I was like yeah maybe with jet packs on his back.

I assume you are talking about JOnes here and not Lock, who has a cannon !

Here's Daniel Jeremiah's analysis

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...w-lock-missouri-qb-similar-to-patrick-mahomes

Lock has an intriguing skill set. He's big, athletic and possesses plenty of arm strength. I love the urgency of his footwork in the pocket and he does a nice job of getting the ball out quickly. He can easily drive the ball outside the numbers and throws a beautiful dig route over the middle.

He was- we started talking about Lock here also because of that post about the Mock that had him coming to MIA at 13.

Oh yes the DL is a problem also - Hugh- and yes we have no CB2 so we have to get that someplace.. I guess as far as the OL one factor is what they decide to do with James- we just can't address everything in this draft but I think they have finally accepted that reality instead of trying to "fix" everything all at once. They have made bad choices along the OL besides Tunsil that fell in their lap, and then you have the Harris selection on the DL.. what supports the bad evaluations along the OL though are the fact of how many they have went through and the fact that hardly any have signed on after with other teams and been effective with those teams. (again their have been a couple but considering how many lineman we went through).

I know the plan is to rebuild but I'm not sure they jettison every veteran- we may need to keep some bodies around- at least for one more year or so etc. ie a Sitton or a Wake, otherwise I just don't know if will have enough bodies for the roster.

Also, I think I would consider Lock at 13 or as you suggest Stick later as you mentioned..

lock rocks the interviews, chalk board, and off field stuff he will go high. like id expect top half of round 1. unless hes a bad apple or cant set protections etc.

there's so much jay cutler there in terms of his game and mindset.

Ok as someone posted earlier- I didn't realize Jones was 24 already I think. No no! By the time he comes around he could be 26. No. Go young as possible at QB. I am in Lock camp now lol

I can see why teams would like Daniel Jones but I see a lot of Ryan Tannehill in him. Not that that's necessarily all bad but I'm hesitant to give support for him as a pick for us

Back
Top Bottom