Mock Drafts on Draftnetwork | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Drafts on Draftnetwork

I love this draft I just ran through the machine, I couldn't find value in the secondary and I have one too many wideouts (but I like them all, especially the value of the very last pick). Not sure how realistic it is, I seem to have gotten fantastic value all the way down. Also in my mock the Bengals picked Tua ahead of Burrow, that's obviously not going to happen so switch out Burrow for Tua:

View attachment 33806
if that's really our first 5 picks I'm crying happy clown tears. But Epenesa is going before Creed, and Burrows not gonna get past no. 1. But this is still nice to look at.

I love this draft I just ran through the machine, I couldn't find value in the secondary and I have one too many wideouts (but I like them all, especially the value of the very last pick). Not sure how realistic it is, I seem to have gotten fantastic value all the way down. Also in my mock the Bengals picked Tua ahead of Burrow, that's obviously not going to happen so switch out Burrow for Tua:

View attachment 33806
That looks very good but I can't see it happening. Highly doubt Epenesa last that long. Also, Kindley's going early 2nd and maybe even late first as the top guard or close to it.

In the first draft I roll with Tua having a very good report on his health and the Dolphins decide to take a chance.

I added 3 lineman, Willis from Alabama, Humphry, and Hennessy...yes, that is two centers, but I would work with turning one into a guard. I like the intelligence of centers and their understanding of fronts.

Dobbins, Dillion, and Bowden add weapons to the offense to make life easier for Tua.

I added defenders...Lewis is the closest thing in the draft to Burns who came out last year and fit the mold of the versatile defender and Henderson was just too good to pass up.
    Tua Tagovailoa
    , QB
    Alabama
    Jedrick Wills
    , OT
    Alabama
    Terrell Lewis
    , EDGE
    Alabama
    Creed Humphrey
    , IOL
    Oklahoma
    J.K. Dobbins
    , RB
    Ohio State
    C.J. Henderson
    , CB
    Florida
    Lynn Bowden
    , WR
    Kentucky
    Jordon Scott
    , IDL
    Oregon
    Alex Highsmith
    , EDGE
    Charlotte
    Matt Hennessy
    , IOL
    Temple
    A.J. Dillon
    , RB
    Boston College
    David Dowell
    , S
    Michigan State

In my non-Tua Draft (stays in school, medical doesn't check out...)

Most of the draft stays the same...the only changes are...

4. Andrew Thomas OT
22. Terrell Lewis EDGE
25. Creed Humphry IOL
36. Tyler Huntley QB

The biggest change is getting the premier offensive lineman n the draft and Taking QB Tyler Huntley at the top of round 2. Huntley is a developmental guy, but has played at a successful program, makes excellent decisions and has a stronger arm then Fromm. This move also doesn't marry the team to the player and allows them to still explore QBs in 2021 if he doesn't seem like the guy.

In the first draft I roll with Tua having a very good report on his health and the Dolphins decide to take a chance.

I added 3 lineman, Willis from Alabama, Humphry, and Hennessy...yes, that is two centers, but I would work with turning one into a guard. I like the intelligence of centers and their understanding of fronts.

Dobbins, Dillion, and Bowden add weapons to the offense to make life easier for Tua.

I added defenders...Lewis is the closest thing in the draft to Burns who came out last year and fit the mold of the versatile defender and Henderson was just too good to pass up.
    Tua Tagovailoa
    , QB
    Alabama
    Jedrick Wills
    , OT
    Alabama
    Terrell Lewis
    , EDGE
    Alabama
    Creed Humphrey
    , IOL
    Oklahoma
    J.K. Dobbins
    , RB
    Ohio State
    C.J. Henderson
    , CB
    Florida
    Lynn Bowden
    , WR
    Kentucky
    Jordon Scott
    , IDL
    Oregon
    Alex Highsmith
    , EDGE
    Charlotte
    Matt Hennessy
    , IOL
    Temple
    A.J. Dillon
    , RB
    Boston College
    David Dowell
    , S
    Michigan State

In my non-Tua Draft (stays in school, medical doesn't check out...)

Most of the draft stays the same...the only changes are...

4. Andrew Thomas OT
22. Terrell Lewis EDGE
25. Creed Humphry IOL
36. Tyler Huntley QB

The biggest change is getting the premier offensive lineman n the draft and Taking QB Tyler Huntley at the top of round 2. Huntley is a developmental guy, but has played at a successful program, makes excellent decisions and has a stronger arm then Fromm. This move also doesn't marry the team to the player and allows them to still explore QBs in 2021 if he doesn't seem like the guy.

Love the value you got on Humphrey and CJ Henderson (who is a CB I feel for Flores's system). Not seen anything of Huntley, going to watch him close up in the Pac 12 champ game, this draft class really needs that 2nd round project type of QB, outside of Hurts (who will probably end up being elevated to round 1) and Love (who may well stay in school and again probably gets over drafted) there really isn't a lot of intriguing prospects if you don't want to burn a 1st on a QB in this class.

Miami Dolphins
    USER PICK

Tua Tagovailoa
    QB, Alabama
    Miami Dolphins
    USER PICK

K'Lavon Chaisson
    EDGE, LSU
    Miami Dolphins
    USER PICK

Creed Humphrey
    IOL, Oklahoma
    Miami Dolphins
    USER PICK

Shaun Wade
    CB, Ohio State
    Miami Dolphins
    USER PICK

Prince Tega Wanogho
    OT, Auburn
    Miami Dolphins
    USER PICK

DeVonta Smith
    WR, Alabama
    Miami Dolphins
    USER PICK

Josh Jones
    OT, Houston
    Miami Dolphins
    USER PICK

Lamical Perine
    RB, Florida
    Miami Dolphins
    USER PICK

Chase Claypool
    WR, Notre Dame
    Miami Dolphins
    USER PICK

John Simpson
    IOL, Clemson
    Miami Dolphins
    USER PICK

Denzel Mims
    WR, Baylor
    Miami Dolphins
    USER PICK
    D.J. Wonnum
    EDGE, South Carolina

View attachment 33806
No team without 2 - 3 first round picks will take that chance - and that is a good thing
If you like Tua - me thinks the FO isn’t sweating wins and losses at this point

IF - If - Cinci takes Chase - Wash may take Burrows - Has Haskins shown anything?

Wash can’t gamble That 2nd OA on Tua’s health or a Qb who needs IR

I expect Wash goes linemen and waits for Lawrence or Fields

I did a few more. In the first Burrow slid to 4 which won't happen.

Burrow, Shenault, Swift, terell Lewis, Nasirildeen, Josh Jones, Brendenson, Reaquan williams DL MSU, Ezra Cleveland T Boise, Stanford Samuels CB FSU, Lynn Bowden (no way he is available here), Evan Weaver
The best QB some protection a big time RB and some defensive help.

Draft 2 No QB option:
Andrew Thomas, Adebo, Creed Humphrey, Terell Lewis, JK Dobbins, Antoine Winfield, Jonathan Greenard, Lynn Bowden, Highsmith, Tyler Clark DL UGA, Josiah Degura TE, Van Jefferson WR UF
This is a ton of talent but no QB

Draft 3 Tua draft:
Tua, Leatherwood, Creed Humphrey, Travis Etienne, Devanta smith, Greenard, Eric Stokes CB UGA, JR Reed S, Denzel Mims WR Baylor, Mekhi Becton, Naquon Jones DL, DJ Wonnum Edge SC
Tua his tackle, and some great weapons

No team without 2 - 3 first round picks will take that chance - and that is a good thing
If you like Tua - me thinks the FO isn’t sweating wins and losses at this point

IF - If - Cinci takes Chase - Wash may take Burrows - Has Haskins shown anything?

Wash can’t gamble That 2nd OA on Tua’s health or a Qb who needs IR

I expect Wash goes linemen and waits for Lawrence or Fields

I think the skins are using these last few games of the season to assess Haskins. Whoever the new head coach is, they will want their own man, but the skins will pick behind us if we both lose out from now, so it's in our hands to keep them out of the equation. I also don't think they are just a QB away from being a great team, they need a lot of help so I believe if they end up in the top 3 their preference will be to trade down.

I think the skins are using these last few games of the season to assess Haskins. Whoever the new head coach is, they will want their own man, but the skins will pick behind us if we both lose out from now, so it's in our hands to keep them out of the equation. I also don't think they are just a QB away from being a great team, they need a lot of help so I believe if they end up in the top 3 their preference will be to trade down.
Why do you say we'll pick ahead of the skins if we both lose out? You mean our SOS would be lower than theirs? Is that a guess? cause we don't really know what the remaining teams on both our schedules are going to do so how can you be so sure?

Why do you say we'll pick ahead of the skins if we both lose out? You mean our SOS would be lower than theirs? Is that a guess? cause we don't really know what the remaining teams on both our schedules are going to do so how can you be so sure?

I'll have to find the post and edit this to this, but I think it was Largo who explained it to me that because we are around the same right now, our remaining games are a lot easier than theirs so our SoS goes down in relation to theirs. Gimme a min to find that post, it was really good, even I could understand it :)

Well that didn't take me long, I am clearly an expert at this sort of thing :p

Yes, the higher the number the stronger the schedule. Basically right now we are tied at around .506 SoS. We will play the Bengals who are 0-11, and the Eagles, the Giants, the Jets, and the Patriots. The Redskins will play the Packers, the Panthers, the Giants, the Cowboys and the Eagles.
We will both play the Giants and the Eagles, so those will cancel out. That leaves:

MIA - Patriots (10-1), Jets (4-7), Bengals (0-11) Remaining Opponents Record: 14-19 or 14/33 or .424
WAS - Packers (8-3), Cowboys (6-6), Panthers (5-6) Remaining Opponents Record: 19-15 or 19/34 or .559

If we end up with same record as Redskins, 2-14, Skins have no shot to jump us in Tankathon standings because they will ultimately end up with a stronger SoS. And the main reason is we still have to play the Bengals.

Yes they need a starter at QB and a Starter at LT - Tua won’t start so Wash defers till next year choosing a Lineman Chase or LT

Yes they need a starter at QB and a Starter at LT - Tua won’t start so Wash defers till next year choosing a Lineman Chase or LT

That's a great point, you've got to wonder how many of the QB needy teams can actually afford to draft Tua, with their first pick. It's perhaps only us, unless of course they go down the route we are on , where they acknowledge that things aren't working so they are blowing it up and therefore writing off 2020.

4 - Joe Burrow - QB
22 - Yetur Gross-Matos - Edge
25 - Xavier McKinney - Safety
36 - Tyler Biadasz - Center
60 - Chuba Hubbard - RB
68 - Shane Lemieux - OG
149 - Shyheim Carter - Safety
150 - Tyler Huntley - QB
163 - Matt Hennessy - Center
180 - Denzel Mims - WR
188 - Jonathan Garvin - Edge
215 - Jeff Thomas - WR

Bored so ran another one, this is almost perfect but the realism is subject, the value on some of these picks is ridiculous, could have been even better had I taken Edwards-Hellaire at 163 instead of Mims:

draft 2019-12-11.JPG

Back
Top Bottom