Mock Scenario 2019-2020/the Grier/flores/o'shea/graham Schemes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Scenario 2019-2020/the Grier/flores/o'shea/graham Schemes

Sorry, but if we draft a QB this year with a high pick it means we won't be drafting one next year, and next year's class is waaayyyy better. Don't buy into this year's hype train on any of these QB's. Dolphins are absolutely right to shun this year's class and look to next year while bolstering the lines and the defense. I am shocked actually, really shocked, that if the Dolphins do as they said they were going to do, I would be in agreement. I'm already just coming out of my coma from the shock that we dumped the last regime and are going to be running a beautiful 3-4 hybrid defense.
I wouldn't be SUPER mad if we drafted a QB this year with #13...I would be a little mad though.

I'm all for the tank, as in draft well and simply put Luke Falk/Fales/Osweiler behind center. I see about 4-5 wind if that happens, but Flores has a year to play with before he too is on the clock. Make that year count by getting many of your types in here before you put a center behind a shaky o-line.

It's refreshing to think we're finally going to be back to the Miami Dolphin Standards we once were with our new staff and soon to be new players.

A few Monday night and thursday night football games and actually win them.

I think I'm gonna need more popcorn and beer.:munch:

In 2022 or 2023. Can’t wait

Care to say why, or are you afraid, like the other guy??

I’m actually not sure if you’re overrating our guys or underrating Beasley. But let’s just assume Beasley is at his lowest value (probably accurate). He’s 26, 2 years removed from a 15.5 sack season, & a former higher first round pick. You MIGHT be able to get him for the deal you proposed, but getting him AND a third round pick? Just don’t see it happening.

For comparison sake, we trade a 4th rounder for Quinn last season and he had an injury history, was 4 years removed from his last double digit sack season, and was slightly older. There’s no way Quinn’s value increased after this season to where you’re dragging Beasley & a 3rd from ATL. As far as Godchaux, he’s a decent player, but I believe a lot of fans are overrating him due to the fact that we don’t have many good players, so the average/above-average players end up getting a little more hyped up. Godchaux was here all season & last season while teams were having their was with us on the ground.

Final point: DE is a premium position. For Beasley to be as young as he his, a former high draft pick, & having had a high level of success in the past- there is very little chance that ATL will bend over and consider that trade with shipping a 3rd rounder to us as well. If anything, we would be the ones having to send a 3rd rounder...... Having said that, if the trade happened, I’d be ecstatic & have instant faith in Grier’s negotiation skills. Wouldn’t be mad at the trade be side it would be a steal.

I’m sure there are lots of decent quips in there but I have a hard reading through such a lengthy hypothetical.

In 2022 or 2023. Can’t wait

Can't wait?

Yes you can, you have no choice.

Right now we are paying for the mistakes not getting it right with Philbin / Gase / Ireland / Tannebaum.

Lets get it right this tme so we're not waiting til 2026 - 2027 - 2028

You may have just predicted Miami's first round pick. Lawrence makes so much sense.

I’m actually not sure if you’re overrating our guys or underrating Beasley. But let’s just assume Beasley is at his lowest value (probably accurate). He’s 26, 2 years removed from a 15.5 sack season, & a former higher first round pick. You MIGHT be able to get him for the deal you proposed, but getting him AND a third round pick? Just don’t see it happening.

For comparison sake, we trade a 4th rounder for Quinn last season and he had an injury history, was 4 years removed from his last double digit sack season, and was slightly older. There’s no way Quinn’s value increased after this season to where you’re dragging Beasley & a 3rd from ATL. As far as Godchaux, he’s a decent player, but I believe a lot of fans are overrating him due to the fact that we don’t have many good players, so the average/above-average players end up getting a little more hyped up. Godchaux was here all season & last season while teams were having their was with us on the ground.

Final point: DE is a premium position. For Beasley to be as young as he his, a former high draft pick, & having had a high level of success in the past- there is very little chance that ATL will bend over and consider that trade with shipping a 3rd rounder to us as well. If anything, we would be the ones having to send a 3rd rounder...... Having said that, if the trade happened, I’d be ecstatic & have instant faith in Grier’s negotiation skills. Wouldn’t be mad at the trade be side it would be a steal.

I know some Dolphins fans were frustrated that Quinn didn't repeat his 18 sacks from previous years, but he was the 20th best edge rusher last year, and like I said, real scouts understand he accomplished what he did on a team with 0 interior pass rush. It is very difficult to get all the way home and get the sack when all the QB has to do is step right up into his lovely little pocket right in front of him because ther is no push up the middle.

Cam Wake ranked as the 11th best edge rusher in the league last year at 37 years old. If we would have had an interior pass rush both Wake and Quinn would have bee double digit sacks.

Comparing the Beasley debacle to Quinn's issues is enormously unfair. We are talking about a true 4-3 defensive end who ranked in the thirties overall last year to Beasley, an OLB playing out of position who obviously has had either mental or emotional problems as well, who was the single worse edge defender in the league and ranked 103rd.

So hallya! Quinn has waaaayyyy more value than Beasley, and he fits Atlanta's scheme. If Atlanta doesn't find a trade partner for Beasley it is a foregone conclusion they will rescind his 12.8 mil 5th year option. They already cut Robert Alford who immediately signed with AZ and Atlanta got nothing for their 5 year starter.

I don't know how you can diss on Godchaux's value. 24 years old and a high quality starter at 4-3 DT with two more years on his rookie contract for peanuts. Godchaux's grade of 85.4 in run defense was good for 15th in the league last year; again at 24 years old and still improving and getting stronger.

I wish he fit at NT, but I really don't think he does and it would be a rotten deal for him if we tried to play him as one. Nah, he deserves to be traded to a 4-3 team and I'm sure he would love to be lining up next to Grady Jarrett.

Put yourself in Atlanta's shoes. When they cut Beasley for nothing they are going to need two 4-3 defensive ends because Tak Mckinley is mentally unstable and he is probably also out of position as a 4-3 end as well.
They need another starting CB after releasing Alford. If they don't get Godchaux they still need a two down DT.
They really need to improve their LB corps and Tevin Coleman is a free agent. RB is a major need.

If they could get two quality starters, and one of them for nearly nothing the next two years, for a guy they were going to cut anyway and a 3rd round pick, they would do it, but I think the Dolphins would actually want more in compensation.

If anything it's the Dolphins getting screwed bad here.

sorry man. can't start a full rebuild by wasting two 2nd round picks on interior offensive linemen. they should be found later in the draft and developed. too many other more important positions

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...tions-importance-from-quarterback-to-returner

I don't know, I think what they were kinda saying is that they don't want to pull a Jets or AZ Cardinals type move and bring in a rookie QB behind a weak OL.

What I'm hearing is that they want a very strong foundation for the OL this year so that when they draft their rookie in 2020 he can step in behind a very good experienced solid OL on a team with the running game already flowing in sync.

Appreciate the work you put into it. I get the thought process behind Weeden, but I'd be fine rolling with whatever we have on the roster already, unless we can get Murray. Also not interested in trading down until it's actually our pick and we see who is available.

if u don't be careful we could be new Cleveland browns of afc east. you only get 7 draft pick a yr. maybe 3 will help ur team out. if luck. the rest may end up on somebody else team. some draft pick take 3 to 4 yr to be good. people on here think every draft pick get draft is going be star. it don't happen like that. the dolphins main problem is they need qb. if u want that guy in draft go get him. everything else u can find. The teams that are winning in AFC all have better QB than dolphins the roster are not that much difference except when player get hurt.

Last edited:
1. Robert Quinn is not trade material. He's owed a **** ton of money for a widely ineffective player and is much more likely to be cut than traded.
2. The guy you want to replace him with is very meh.
3. Trading Godhaux is creating an even bigger hole on the defensive line.
4. The free agent signings do nothing for right now and the future. Weeden? Anderson?

This whole thing seems super all over the place

Back
Top Bottom