monday night against patriots | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

monday night against patriots

Monday night games don't have as much to do with schedule as they do with fan base and popularity. Miami is one of the most popular teams in the country, thus you can expect the fins to have at least one Monday nighter. MNF ratings seem to drop as the season progresses so I'm sure they'll give us a Monday nighter in November or December. Even if the stadium isn't full, you can expect to get a pretty large number of viewers.

ZOD said:
We will have a Monday night game. You can bet the farm on that one.

It wouldn't surprise me much if it was again versus the Patriots.

The selling point? Saban vs. Bellichek

This sounds to me like a big possibility. Advertising wise, it would be a monster, Miami is a very popular team (4-12 or not), and the Pats are the division/superbowl champs that lost to this team last year, ratings wise, this would make a lot of sense, and besides, on ABC (LIke all the other networks), it all about the ratings, not how a team did last year.

I think we are going to get 1 or 2 MNF games this year, 1 in miami and maybe 1 in NY against the Jets. We also always get a couple sunday night games, I think we will get a sunday night game against maybe Atlanta or Carolina, or if away against Oakland or Tampa. The NFL wouldn't mind putting Vick on Sunday night football. So I think we play a home MNF game against the Pats, an away MNF game against the Jets, and a Sunday Night away game against Tampa Bay.

Back
Top Bottom