Monday Night Countdown.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Monday Night Countdown....

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
....Can I get a job at ESPN please. Mort, Scott, Jaworski, and Salsbury are a bunch of idiots. All Agreed except Sean Salsbury that Miami is the most over-rated football team in the NFL, and especially the East. The all were ranting and raving about the PRESEASON play of NY Jets and Washington. All had the same picks for the Super Bowl (Rams and Steelers) except for Stuart Scott (Rams and Jets). I was pissed at first, but now I am calm. I like being the underdog, and I like being over-looked. I can't wait until Sunday, better yet when we play the Colts and Jets. Those stupid analysts will get a foot in their mouth. OK I done ranting now. i have to prepare for my fantasy football draft which takes place just over an hour.

Oh and another thing, didn't we just read an article on Ricky Williams taking us to the Super Bowl?? That was written by ESPN right?? Oh yeah I forgot just not by the 4 clowns on Monday Night Countdown.

Originally posted by chambers84
Oh and another thing, didn't we just read an article on Ricky Williams taking us to the Super Bowl?? That was written by ESPN right?? Oh yeah I forgot just not by the 4 clowns on Monday Night Countdown.

Ricky wrote it

Chambers, I couldn't agree with u more. I hate all these "Experts" who say the Dolphins never make the playoffs, yet we've done it 5 years in a row. I'll tell u who's overated, the Jets and Redskins. Preseason means nothing and it will come back and bite these analyist in the ass!!! I can't wait till Detriot, and the season to start, then we can shove it up these a holes, ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AH!!! I can't take it anymore. JUST WAIT TILL SUNDAY. THEN EVERYONE WILL SEE!!!!!!

I hate to say this, being an Dolphin fan, but its not about wait til' Sunday... because there is no doubt the Dolphins should dominate the Lions. Its about wait til' December. The concerns these analysts have about the Dolphins as a Super Bowl contendor are real... we are EXTREMELY thin at several key positions (O-line, DT, LB) and several of our starters at those positions are already nursing injuries. If our starters stay healthy, we can match up with almost anyone... the problem is, that is not very likely, and we don't have the depth necessary to cover for those injuries.

There's still time to get depth. Plus, most teams are an injury or two away from having their season screwed too. The problem anaylist have is that they think Ricky Wiliiams is over rated. There shouldn't be as much concern as there is.

Yes - But .....

the quality of our team, the Jets, and all others will not change regardless of what the pundits say. I am glad the Jets had a great pre-season and those analysts praise them and call us over-rated. I think this ultimately will work to our advantage.

Rams were 0-4 in pre-season. Anyone want to bet that they don't make the play-offs?

Last year the Miami Dolphins were 1-4 in preseason. Regular season went 11-5.

This year we went 2-2 preseason.

Needless to say, preseason means squat to the regular season. Why? Because the normal starters are not playing. They've got rookies, etc. all playing. So how can anyone with any intelligence put credit into a game that's played by people that are no longer part of that team?

Needless to say, the teams of preseason are not the teams of the season. :)

With a history of choking in December and getting blown out of the playoffs who can argue with those talking heads. Shula brought in a strenght coach, we don't practice as hard after the Jacksonville debacle and nothing seems to have changed yet. Hopefully Ricky is the piece to keep our D fresh for December with long TD drives.

Exactly. People will stop bring up December when we start playing good football in December. We've got to stay healthy. Otherwise it's going to be the same as it ever was.

possible, but it won't happen. We will not fade, and we will conquer those Mother #$@2!# Jets. This is the year we make assholes on ESPN know we are the real deal

Originally posted by IceStorm
Last year the Miami Dolphins were 1-4 in preseason. Regular season went 11-5.

This year we went 2-2 preseason.

Needless to say, preseason means squat to the regular season. Why? Because the normal starters are not playing. They've got rookies, etc. all playing. So how can anyone with any intelligence put credit into a game that's played by people that are no longer part of that team?

Needless to say, the teams of preseason are not the teams of the season. :)

The point is not how many games they did or didn't win, it's how the starters played when they were in the game, and what these self appointed experts seen was the Tampa, N.O. games and then us play very well against a week Texas team and by the time the Bears game rolled around they already had thier minds made up about the Fins.
Some of their concerns are valid like OL depth and Run D. Think about it, we're not even sure how they'll play and we know the Fins better than they do right?
Lets face it these days the NFL is a crapshoot, we know how good this team is lets just hope at the end of the season most of these "experts" will say how wrong they are.

What I get a kick out of is the morons who are embarrassed by their original prediction and say that they didn't pick the Dolphins but had a "gut feeling" they'd do well.
Happens every year with some team that surprises them.

:calm: When was the last time any of these :dink:s were right anyways? It's just opinions and we all know what those are like right? :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom