Monday nighter | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Monday nighter

They way the NFL works, we really shouldn't get one. The standard rule is that you need at least 8 wins the previous year to have a Monday Night game. Obviously we don't fall into that catagory. YET, with that said, the fact that Miami has been on Monday Night every year since 1991 helps our cause. Plus, Miami is a very popular team amongst people so there is a chance we will get one even with our 4-12 record. If we do get one, you can bet that it will be on the road and against a 2004 powerhouse team(aka the Patriots).

I think we should get one game just for being the MIAMI DOLPHINS.....Not to mention our [font=&quot]Undefeated season! Please....Miami has to have a little drama within the east...Yeah I say Pats, Jets or Buffalo chips game. :wink:
[/font]

I really hate the system this season. Commissioner Cheque-Book really only gives a damn about globally monopolizing the mainstream football market. This new sstem means that if we have a Sunday or Monday Night game later on in the season, it is possible that it could get switched with a game that more people would likely tune in to watch.

It really sucks because effort does not dictate a teams success. Heart, emotion, passion, physical and mental tenacity do not dictate success and those variables all factor in to what is a good football game.

Not to say we won't see any good nationally televised football games in the future but the remote intention to watch our favorite teams has been demeaned by the utter totalitarianistic dollar signs in the forseeable distance of the NFL.

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
dont all NFL teams get at least 1 or 2 Monday Night Games?

last year was the bengals first one in several years and can't even remember the last time Detroit or Arizona had one.

HysterikiLL said:
I really hate the system this season. Commissioner Cheque-Book really only gives a damn about globally monopolizing the mainstream football market. This new sstem means that if we have a Sunday or Monday Night game later on in the season, it is possible that it could get switched with a game that more people would likely tune in to watch.

It really sucks because effort does not dictate a teams success. Heart, emotion, passion, physical and mental tenacity do not dictate success and those variables all factor in to what is a good football game.

Not to say we won't see any good nationally televised football games in the future but the remote intention to watch our favorite teams has been demeaned by the utter totalitarianistic dollar signs in the forseeable distance of the NFL.
I don't think that system is happening this season. Possibly in 2006, but not this season.

Nublar7 said:
They way the NFL works, we really shouldn't get one. The standard rule is that you need at least 8 wins the previous year to have a Monday Night game. Obviously we don't fall into that catagory. YET, with that said, the fact that Miami has been on Monday Night every year since 1991 helps our cause. Plus, Miami is a very popular team amongst people so there is a chance we will get one even with our 4-12 record. If we do get one, you can bet that it will be on the road and against a 2004 powerhouse team(aka the Patriots).

I think the season opener is just like a Monday Nighter and Oakland(all of 5 wins) plays in the season opener

HysterikiLL said:

I disagree!!

It would be great if the NFL could change a Monday or Sunday night game around. They want the best possible matchups to be the showcase game. No one wants to see Seahawks versus Rams when they could be watching Pitt versus New Engalnd or Pitt versus Philly. These are the games people want to watch

This could help the Dolphins this year if it were in place becasue it could get us an extra Monday nighter

The last 4-5 years has been a crapshoot to see who will be a good team or not. How many San Diego games did you see last year. I saw only 1

Nublar7 said:
The standard rule is that you need at least 8 wins the previous year to have a Monday Night game. Obviously we don't fall into that catagory.

Where is this stated? Or is this just your observation? Just curious on this. Also, i think we will get 2 MNF's this year, 1 in Miami vs. Patriots, and 1 in NY vs. Jets, or the Jets game will be on sunday night.

wpgfishfan said:
I disagree!!

This could help the Dolphins this year if it were in place becasue it could get us an extra Monday nighter

How would this help our chances at getting an extra MNF. Chances are we aren't going to be leading the AFC this year, so I don't think that we are going to get more than the 2 MNF's I posted above.

we should get one against the Pats probably in NE this time and we will find out when the schedules come out on Wed.

I don't think we'll get one cause of our record last year I hope we do but I'll be surpirsed if we did.

mixmaster_matt said:
that did nothing to answer the question the thread was about. That article was posted using results from the 2001-2002 season, so it means absolutely nothing now.

BS buddy....

December 31, 2004

Top Selling NFL Jerseys

According to Reebok, the following are the top selling NFL jerseys this season:

1. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Steelers
2. Michael Vick, QB, Falcons
3. Terrell Owens, WR, Eagles
4. Donovan McNabb, QB, Eagles
5. Warren Sapp, DL, Oakland
6. Priest Holmes, RB, Chiefs
7. Tom Brady, QB, Patriots
8. Brett Favre, QB, Packers
9. Clinton Portis, RB, Redskins
10. Peyton Manning, QB, Colts

Again...count the times these teams play on MNF,,,Rest my case...

http://commonknowledge.blogs.com/common_knowledge/2004/12/top_selling_nfl.html

ok...so Miami might not get a MNF game..****.

Vol&dolfan said:
I don't think we'll get one cause of our record last year I hope we do but I'll be surpirsed if we did.

I agree....just for the same reason you mentioned. Going 4-12 last year alone will probably limit the Fins to a Sunday night game only. Definitely not MNF.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo doesn't get one as well even though we finished w/a 9-7 record.

Back
Top Bottom