Monday nighter | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Monday nighter

mixmaster_matt said:
How would this help our chances at getting an extra MNF. Chances are we aren't going to be leading the AFC this year, so I don't think that we are going to get more than the 2 MNF's I posted above.

I guess I'm assuming that we only get 1 Monday nighter but once we are 8-4 we would get 1 or 2 more at the end of the year, like San Diego should have had last year

FlyFishingKing said:
BS buddy....

December 31, 2004

Top Selling NFL Jerseys

According to Reebok, the following are the top selling NFL jerseys this season:

1. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Steelers
2. Michael Vick, QB, Falcons
3. Terrell Owens, WR, Eagles
4. Donovan McNabb, QB, Eagles
5. Warren Sapp, DL, Oakland
6. Priest Holmes, RB, Chiefs
7. Tom Brady, QB, Patriots
8. Brett Favre, QB, Packers
9. Clinton Portis, RB, Redskins
10. Peyton Manning, QB, Colts

Again...count the times these teams play on MNF,,,Rest my case...

http://commonknowledge.blogs.com/common_knowledge/2004/12/top_selling_nfl.html

ok...so Miami might not get a MNF game..****.

The number 1 jersey next year will be Moss #18

If Ronnie Brown is a stud he could crack the top 10

I think we will get TWO MNF games....versus the Pats, and the Jets, and maybe a Sunday nighter. Nobody wants to go to Cleveland, Cincinatti, Buffalo, etc., in Nov., or December....they want South Beach. Except for John Madden who loves to visit his "boy" in green bay (Bret Favre).

The jersey sales stats are heavily skewed toward the teams with a star player. I don't think the Buccaneers would be in that mix now, and obviously PHI, ATL, IND, NE, GB all would be. ("Fad" marketing comes into play here also... some player #s are a "fashion statement" on the street or in the mall). So it probably has no bearing on whether we get a night game.

RATINGS, on the other hand... ABC has done veeerrry well when the Dolphins are on MNF over the years. Especially in late-season games.

Back
Top Bottom