Money has Ruined the game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Money has Ruined the game

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well i guess there's two sides to the coin, but......... Wasn't it nice back in the old days where guys played simply because they loved to play? I mean back in the day, they couldn't even earn a decent living Just playing football, a lot of them had other jobs too, so they had to of been doing it just for the sheer love of the sport. Now days even College players are in it for the money, they see the Big NFL dollars, and that's their motivation. Granted not EVERY player is like this, and some of them Truly do play for the love of the sport, but there are an awefull lot that play only to make their pockets fatter.

Granted though today's game is tougher in a sense that they are better athletes, quicker, stronger, faster, etc...... Some of the things these players put themselves through to get in shape is astounding, but even still...... a lot of them put their body's through all of this just so they have a better chance of cashing in. Not a lot of players actually thrive to be the best, but rather thrive to be good enough to get paid the highest contracts

Just my opinion, you may agree or disagree but there are plenty of examples of players in each sport today that i feel support my way of thinking

It's the same way with Rock n' Roll man. Bands nowadays will sell their mother just be on MTV and join the countless thousands of other punk/nu metal bands that keep puting out the same bland manufactured crap for music. But hey, it's what kids like and it's what makes the $$$.

Back
Top Bottom