Montez Sweat | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Montez Sweat

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
If this kid falls to our spot, we must pick him! Yes or no?

Following a ridiculous performance at the NFL Scouting Combine that saw Montez Sweat run a 4.41 second 40-yard dash at 6'6" and 260 pounds, many believed he could jump into the top 10 picks of the 2019 draft.

No clue about his character or if he fits this scheme. I do however, not want to pick at 13.

No clue about his character or if he fits this scheme. I do however, not want to pick at 13.

He was suspended at Michigan State for a long time (most of a season) and left right before spring to go to a JC. I'm not sure why he was suspended and it was 4 years ago. So I would say that if his record has been clean since and his suspension wasn't domestic (or of the like), then there shouldn't be an issue.

I think Miami would consider Montez Sweat to be an outside-inside player, the type that commonly reduces to rush over a guard during pass rush situations much like a Trey Flowers or Michael Bennett.

Is he suited for that? It's a fair question.

I like him. I don't know that I can say the same of Brian Burns.

Nice player. Elite athlete with long arms and packs some power in his hands. Would make sense for a team like Miami if he were to fall to #13 - which is unlikely.

However, he tests a little bit better than he actually is. You can see he's just a little bit stiff cornering. Bad tackles are in for a long day. But he'll need to develop some counters to be a consistent force against top tackles in the NFL.

I'm not sure that I trust my judgement on DE's anymore. I thought Harris would be at least a good DE and that hasn't happened yet. Sweat, though, looks so darn explosive. I think a Jason Taylor comparison might work. At the same time, I'm not sure he's going to check the character box if that is super important to Flores and Grier.

my biggest issue with him is he is always to far up field. kinda the same problem as harris. need to see more bend

Back
Top Bottom