Moore Or Tannehill? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moore Or Tannehill?

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Who are you rooting for the most, Moore/Chiefs or Tannehill/Titans? I'm cheering both to excel, but I want Matt Moore to win more games over Ryan Tannehill. You?

Screenshot_20191107-102448.jpg

unfortunately, Moore’s career is probably coming to an end this Sunday. I hope and wish he plays next week vs Titans.

I’ll be rooting for him to do well and Tannehill to do better.

...... Both pretty comparable IMO. Moore in slightly better situation.

ya think? “SLIGHTLY”???!? playing for one of the best coaches and one of the best offensive minds and qb coach in the game, with maybe the leagues best offensive weapons, vs THill playing with an inexperienced promoted TE coach for an OC, who the fan base almost universally wants fired, along with their head coach.

yeah, slightly better in KC.

ya think? “SLIGHTLY”???!? playing for one of the best coaches and one of the best offensive minds and qb coach in the game, with maybe the leagues best offensive weapons, vs THill playing with an inexperienced promoted TE coach for an OC, who the fan base almost universally wants fired, along with their head coach.

haha 100 percent true.. Tannehill is on pace to put up his best statistical season ever to this point 70 percent completion percentage 5 tds 3 ints and a 100 QB rating.. Moore is good for a fill in a game or two but no team wants to have to rely on him for more then that.

Both are good people to root for, Tannehill has always been a true professional in how he conducts himself and Moore is a likeable guy who has said he is perfectly fine being a teams backup QB and still making millions doing it.

I do find it funny how much KC chiefs are running their mouths this week, They are calling out Tannehill saying he isn't mobile like Mariota, He holds the ball too long, and They can bring pressure better against him then Mariota..

Tannehill can run damn good when he needs to and is 10 times more accurate and better at reading a defense then Mariota.. I'm not saying KC is gonna lose this game but it sure seems like they are underestimating tannehill quite a bit.. Teams that run their mouth's usually end up paying in the NFL

All I can say is its been great seeing Moore get a chance to show that he is a player in this league after that fiasco in 2017.

Happy for both, but really excited for Moore because I didn't think he'd ever be in a situation where he gets another shot. I fully expected Tannehill to replace Mariota and play better. Mariota sucks.

Anyone that thinks trash garbage Moore is in the same league as RT17 is dumb. Plain and simple.

Anyone that thinks trash garbage Moore is in the same league as RT17 is dumb. Plain and simple.
I guess I’m dumb. I like both guys. But funny thing is we scored more PPG w Moore than we did w Henne or Tannehill during his starts in Miami vs theirs. And on KC he’s got over a 100 QBR, has not turned the ball over and is 1-1 with a “save” as well. The game he lost to the Pack - he was dynamite. I think he showed he can play. In a good situation he didn’t press and make mistakes. Tannehill doing same thing w Tennessee. There is not much diff between these guys. In fact, Moore’s career winning % is better than Ryan’s too. Not by much but it’s over .500. He’s not trash. Andy Reid knows QBs - he could have called anyone to backup Mahomes. He knew what he was doing and it paid off. Moore beat an excellent Vikings team. All I’m saying is if you think Moore is trash then Tannehill is trash. I happen to think they are both decent QBs - but neither is 16 game week in, week out starter material. They’ve proven that they can’t play consistently good for that long during a season. Therefore by default they are really backups - good ones - but backups.

You can have all the weapons in the world but you still have to execute the plays. Easier said than done. Let’s not disparage Moore over being on KC. If you look at his stats, there hasn’t been much of a drop off in any meaningful category vs Mahomes - exception is sacks taken - because Mahomes is way more mobile. Is Moore anywhere near as good as Mahomes? No. But in the 3 games he played, he was statistically near as good and won 2 and lose 1 (the loss he played a near perfect game vs the Pack). Andy Reid knows QBs. A lot of QBs out there he could have signed. Why get Moore out of retirement?

THill probably had his best game ever vs the Chiefs in that he finally put a team on his shoulders to win the game when he needed to. Now keep in mind prior to that last drive, he only threw 11 passes as Henry rushed for 228. But on that last drive he made huge money throws and big scrambles. Kudos to him. Happy for both of these guys. I really am.

But I think when all is said and done they basically give you “average” play if you start them 16 times during the year. They have different styles but they will win you about .500 of the games they start. That’s not my opinion. That’s fact based upon their career W/L. And by the way, Moore’s is a little better than Ryan’s as a starter. Just sayin.

You can have all the weapons in the world but you still have to execute the plays. Easier said than done. Let’s not disparage Moore over being on KC. If you look at his stats, there hasn’t been much of a drop off in any meaningful category vs Mahomes - exception is sacks taken - because Mahomes is way more mobile. Is Moore anywhere near as good as Mahomes? No. But in the 3 games he played, he was statistically near as good and won 2 and lose 1 (the loss he played a near perfect game vs the Pack). Andy Reid knows QBs. A lot of QBs out there he could have signed. Why get Moore out of retirement?

THill probably had his best game ever vs the Chiefs in that he finally put a team on his shoulders to win the game when he needed to. Now keep in mind prior to that last drive, he only threw 11 passes as Henry rushed for 228. But on that last drive he made huge money throws and big scrambles. Kudos to him. Happy for both of these guys. I really am.

But I think when all is said and done they basically give you “average” play if you start them 16 times during the year. They have different styles but they will win you about .500 of the games they start. That’s not my opinion. That’s fact based upon their career W/L. And by the way, Moore’s is a little better than Ryan’s as a starter. Just sayin.

to be clear, i wasnt meaning to disparage him at all. i like him and happy to see him back and doing great.

i was taking issue with the claim that KC role was only “slightly” better position than Titans, for reasons i said.

That said, i do believe RT is a much better QB mainly in accuracy and arm strength.

the post above calling moore trash was ridiculous. he’s done a great job holding serve, which is everything you want in a backup.

Back
Top Bottom