More cuts coming soon... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More cuts coming soon...

Sounds like my team…we always get rid of ballers.
  • Jones doesn't get turnovers.
  • Iggy is a pup.
  • Coleman may ball, but seems like a JAG.
  • Needham is a fighter, but very JAG-like.
Every year we are "3 years away" from being contenders…when will we keep our studs.
This is a brilliant post. You don't make the playoffs if you keep trading away your best players.

This is a brilliant post. You don't make the playoffs if you keep trading away your best players.
That depends on what you get for them...

It used to be true that you never let your best players leave... but that was before the salary cap.

It isn't as true anymore.

Our current cap space is 6.98 Million. We need 12ish mill for our draft class and a few mill in the bank to sign FA in case of injury or whatever. We need to dump a cool 8 million and quickly.
i think we will be restructuring a few

You realize there is a cap though right? And I believe he was the first player signed in free agency, so pretty sure he's in the plans for 2021. And you B is wrong:

Cethan Carter signed a 3 year, $7,800,000 contract with the Miami Dolphins, including a $1,500,000 signing bonus, $2,700,000 guaranteed
I went to overthecap.com. Maybe I read it wrong. He must be a great ST player otherwise WTF?

I went to overthecap.com. Maybe I read it wrong. He must be a great ST player otherwise WTF?
That's the going rate for a top-flight, veteran special teams player.

...and it isn't that much of a cap problem. They only count the first 51 salaries against the cap, so the first 850K (which is what the 52nd highest salary currently is) really doesn't count.

Let me see if I can understand this correctly...you think trading X would get us the 10th overall pick AND a 2nd??? 😂
Yet Jamal Adams got 2 1sts.

You can laugh all you want but with Prescott coming back Howard would make that team lethal.

Jerry Jones could either draft a rookie cb at 10, or trade for an elite in his prime guaranteed CB for the 10 and a 2nd and immediately be the favorites in their division

You can laugh all you want but with Prescott coming back Howard would make that team lethal.

Jerry Jones could either draft a rookie cb at 10, or trade for an elite in his prime guaranteed CB for the 10 and a 2nd and immediately be the favorites in their division
It'd be funny watching them try to put him under their cap. He'd ask for 20M and they just gave Dak 40M.

Both of the 1st rounders together do not equal the value of the #10 overall pick, much less the 2nd rounder your throwing in. Those are both lower 1st rounders, and the value doesn’t add up. Jamal Adam’s was on his rookie contract and a much younger player. X’s salary is too big for someone to give the farm for AND take the hit to the cap. Again, no way in *** we would EVER get the #10 overall pick AND a 2nd rounder.

I will add that the Cowpokes need much more help on D than X alone. They would not be “lethal” as you say. Better? Yes, absolutely! But X would not put put that team over the top.

if Dallas offers us their #10 for X do you take it?
plus a second this yr and yes it is done or a first next yr. Seattle gave up 2 first for Jamal Adams. X is a much better player. I want him on my team and you are going to have to pay to get him

I can see it. With Jones, Needham, Iggy, and now Coleman on the roster, along with reports that they may be adding another CB in the draft... I can see Howard getting moved for sure
I’ve been predicting this. If Igbo is ready they’ll probably move X for a 1st or high 2nd before the draft. It would be such a Belichick move.

I’m not at all concerned about the cap.

However, the trade that would make sense to me isn’t X; it’s Parker. Specifically because he has a very team-friendly contract (which has value) and they have another receiver with a very similar skill set.

I’ve been predicting this. If Igbo is ready they’ll probably move X for a 1st or high 2nd before the draft. It would be such a Belichick move.

I can see a trade with a playoff caliber team who thinks they are close, needs defensive help and won't be able to draft a top CB.......like the Titans.

Back
Top Bottom