More cuts coming soon... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More cuts coming soon...

Total lunacy. Leads NFL in picks since 2017.
You must not follow the Patriots—trading players in their prime for high draft picks. He wants a new contract afterjyst signing one and injury history. Could and probably should happen if we get a 1st or more

I’m not at all concerned about the cap.

However, the trade that would make sense to me isn’t X; it’s Parker. Specifically because he has a very team-friendly contract (which has value) and they have another receiver with a very similar skill set.
Parker has a really cheap contract. Not going anywhere. X on the other hand...

You must not follow the Patriots—trading players in their prime for high draft picks. He wants a new contract afterjyst signing one and injury history. Could and probably should happen if we get a 1st or more
A first for the best CB in the league since 2017 in terms of takeaways? That’s nuts.

Both of the 1st rounders together do not equal the value of the #10 overall pick, much less the 2nd rounder your throwing in. Those are both lower 1st rounders, and the value doesn’t add up. Jamal Adam’s was on his rookie contract and a much younger player. X’s salary is too big for someone to give the farm for AND take the hit to the cap. Again, no way in *** we would EVER get the #10 overall pick AND a 2nd rounder.
Maybe, sure I could understand that.

However, Adams is not much younger. 2 years.

Also he plays S Howard plays a premiere position in CB.

People focus too much on value sometimes. Teams trading up for a QB value is always more expensive.

If you are getting Prescott back and your team is healthy you don't know what they are thinking.

Teams get desperate. There is always a Bill o brien. SF gave up a lot to move up to 3.

You never know if a team thinks they are 1 or 2 players away.

2 picks is not giving up the farm

I will add that the Cowpokes need much more help on D than X alone. They would not be “lethal” as you say. Better? Yes, absolutely! But X would not put put that team over the top.
They would be the clear favorites in the East with Prescott coming back.

Golloday 2 times
McLaurin 2 times

Rodgers and Adams in the playoffs
Tom Brady
Wilson and Lockett/Metcalf
Etc.
Who makes you competitive now if you are in win now mode. You are also not mortgaging your future
Cool with me. I would love to keep Howard.

But if you feel drafting Surtain and whatever prospect you can in the 2nd makes you better the next 3 years, more power to you

I will add that the Cowpokes need much more help on D than X alone. They would not be “lethal” as you say. Better? Yes, absolutely! But X would not put put that team over the top.
One last thing,

I am not necessarily saying we could get that. Maybe we can maybe we can't. Depends on how desperate or close a team feels they are.

Its what I would personally want or expect if I would trade Howard. If not that much I wouldn't want to trade him.

One last thing,

I am not necessarily saying we could get that. Maybe we can maybe we can't. Depends on how desperate or close a team feels they are.

Its what I would personally want or expect if I would trade Howard. If not that much I wouldn't want to trade him.
I would absolutely love to get a haul of picks for him too. Just can’t see it, but stranger things have happened. I will say this also, IMO his value has never been higher than now with the year he just had. If we do indeed keep him, his value begins to decline, unless he has another monster year.

I can see it. With Jones, Needham, Iggy, and now Coleman on the roster, along with reports that they may be adding another CB in the draft... I can see Howard getting moved for sure
Who in the hell rumored us to be picking a cb?? We have like 20 of them, and we picked one last year out of freaking nowhere.

I would absolutely love to get a haul of picks for him too. Just can’t see it, but stranger things have happened. I will say this also, IMO his value has never been higher than now with the year he just had. If we do indeed keep him, his value begins to decline, unless he has another monster year.
Exactly.

Let's say he hurts his knee again. Grumbling will slowly start that maybe we should have traded him.

He gets hurt the next year or starts complaining about his contract? Well should would could didn't.

Then again, he could stay healthy and have 3 more 10 INT seasons.

However, only one full season under his belt. If he was ever gonna be traded, this is the year

Would be great, but I seriously doubt we could get a 1st Rounder for X.
This is crazy. The absolute floor of any deal with Howard would be a 1st and a 2nd. If Grier doesn’t get that then Howard isn’t going anywhere.

Jaken Ramsey got two first rounders. We should be able to do that.
But if they trade x I think it’s dumb. But I wouldn’t be suprised.

They think you can do all that crap cause pats did it but pats had Brady and elite offensive system for a while. Other parts were interchangeable.

we need some of our valuable pieces

Back
Top Bottom