More cuts coming soon... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More cuts coming soon...

If they don't feel like cutting anyone, can't they just guarantee Byron Jones' 2021 salary, thereby spreading it over the length of his contract?

Instead of his entire salary counting against this year's cap?

It's not ideal, but it's not like he isn't getting the money anyway, you wouldn't have to cut anyone (if you don't want to), and you free up around $10 mil this year (I believe).

Last edited:
Cethan Carter, Jakeem Grant, Jesse Davis and Cameron Tom perhaps

maybe convert some roster bonuses for good players

If they don't feel like cutting anyone, can't they just guarantee Byron Jones' 2021 salary, thereby spreading it over the length of his contract?

Instead of the entire contract counting against this year's cap?

It's not ideal, but it's not like he isn't getting the money anyway, you wouldn't have to cut anyone (if you don't want to), and you free up around $10 mil this year (I believe).
Absolutely. Most teams are restructuring contracts to manipulate this year's meager cap.
Weird, it doesnt seem like the Dolphins are...yet.

I have considered this and "if" we could get a first round this year and at least a 2nd (though I believe another 1st is warranted) then it's a consideration if you could grab one of the top 3 cbs in this year's draft. IMO they drafted Iggy last year based on X injury history.

Grant and McCain need to be restructured if they stay. I expect Grant gone though

Would be great, but I seriously doubt we could get a 1st Rounder for X.
That's the offer on the table...at least it had better be.

It could be a 1st rounder in '22, but X is worth a 1st round pick. Imagine the defense and our record without him this past season.

I'm not on board with cutting/trading him...but I wouldn't make a stink about it either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom