More cuts coming soon... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More cuts coming soon...

I gotta disagree there.

And I wouldn't trade X for just a first (top 5 or 10 depending on the draft might be a conversation starter though).
Cool, you disagree and that’s your opine. I would be ecstatic to get a 1st, but with his salary and about to be 28 I just can’t see that happening. Maybe LATE 1 at best IMO. But hey, we could def hope to get a great trade if we do indeed trade him. My thoughts all along since we signed B Jones and then drafted Iggy has been they were eventually going to try to trade X, ONLY out of necessity and value, not bc anything he’s necessarily done wrong on his end. Just my original gut feeling. I also think Flores believes in trying to trade players at their highest/best value prior to getting too old and past their prime. Then again, maybe he still sees X as part of the build going forward. I guess we will see...

Cool, you disagree and that’s your opine. I would be ecstatic to get a 1st, but with his salary and about to be 28 I just can’t see that happening. Maybe LATE 1 at best IMO. But hey, we could def hope to get a great trade if we do indeed trade him. My thoughts all along since we signed B Jones and then drafted Iggy has been they were eventually going to try to trade X, ONLY out of necessity and value, not bc anything he’s necessarily done wrong on his end. Just my original gut feeling. I also think Flores believes in trying to trade players at their highest/best value prior to getting too old and past their prime. Then again, maybe he still sees X as part of the build going forward. I guess we will see...
I hope he plays for us for his entire career.

If we move him, I hope we get top value :)

Trade X for a second round pick??? Holy crap thank God you're not the GM
I didn't say I would do it or that I agreed with it, I said that's what I think they may do. Read what I wrote before you thank God I'm not the GM...

Possible cuts:

Bobby McCain
Eric Rowe
Benardrick McKinney
Jakeem Grant
Clayton Fejedelem - not sure what value he brings but he should be the first.
Jessie Davis
Bobby McCain - Possibly
Eric Rowe - can’t see that happening, played well and fits our scheme well.
McKinney - we just TRADED for him, no way.
Grant - Yea, think he’s gone
Fejedelem - Yea, think he’s gone

I would add Wilson to that list, big salary, coming off injury and getting older. I would also add Perry too. I think we keep the following WR’s
1. DVP
2. PW
3. Fuller
4. Bowden - shows promise and multi-versatile
5. Rookie early pick
6. Rookie - later pick. Would love to get Anthony Swartz from Auburn on day 3. World class track star with legit 4.26 speed. Run him deep every time he’s in the damn game.

That would give us 3 speedsters to go along with 2 big body 50/50 ball types

Like the gent above said: I wouldnt trade Howard this year without a pick that would net us Surtain or Horn and at least a 3rd (this year).

I really like X Howard but Id make that trade

Last edited:
The need to have a cushion under the cap for in-season signings is vastly over-stated.

As long as the players that you bring in are under the bottom 51 salaries on your payroll, they don't count... so street free agents rarely cost you a thing.

A large, multi-milliion dollar amount is only needed for some sort of priority free agent signing... basically, a waiver claim on a veteran.

Howard is a beast and I would love to keep him. However, it irks me if the reports are true he will be wanting a new contract only 2 years into his current one.

I believe there might already be a deal with Dallas. Dallas with Prescott and the team healthy would be lethal in that division.

Would be well worth their #10 and a 2nd this year or next

Howard is a beast and I would love to keep him. However, it irks me if the reports are true he will be wanting a new contract only 2 years into his current one.

I believe there might already be a deal with Dallas. Dallas with Prescott and the team healthy would be lethal in that division.

Would be well worth their #10 and a 2nd this year or next
Dallas was the 1st team I thought of too. Packers perhaps, and the Chiefs.

Wilson and burns will total just below 4 mil and expect a combo of Rowe or McCain to add another 5 mil

Back
Top Bottom