More cuts coming soon... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More cuts coming soon...

I have an uneasy feeling they dump X during the draft. That would clear plenty. It's been too quiet on the subject lately...
I have a funny feeling you are right on this one.
I think he gets flipped during round 1.
Wouldn't even surprise me if they took Surtain at 6, flipped X with say the Cardinals for #16, and took Parsons there.
Then Marshall or something like that at 18.
This is NOT a prediction...I am just saying moves like this would not surprise me at all.

Last edited:
if Dallas offers us their #10 for X do you take it?
I do. In a heartbeat if I can still get Surtain, Newsome or Horn.
I don't WANT to trade him, but I have to think hard about it if the right offer comes, and I can replace him with a potential stud.
X's age, injury history, and his potential contract demands make the possibility of trading him more realistic, and at a time when his value is at its highest, you can't just walk away from a great offer. I would consider a great offer/ good enough offer a 1st rounder this year or next year.

Last edited:
Yes it does

So you create a hole by trading Lawson, for a player they have been after for a while, that fills a position of need. But then you cut him? Unless they get Parsons and think he will slide into that Mike position, who is going to take those snaps?

I think Wilson, Hurns and Grant would get Miami a good part of the way there. Perhaps renegotiating Byron Jones' contract does the rest.

Cut Jakeem Grant and that will save $4 million if he is cut post June 1st. I am tired of the same story every year with him. Does great in training camp and then when it comes to playing games, he completely bombs. Each time the ball goes to him on returns, I pray that he doesn't fumble the ball or do something stupid. In the passing game, he has hands on stone. You get 1-2 good plays out of him for the season and that is about it. Those plays do not come close to what he does wrong.

So you create a hole by trading Lawson, for a player they have been after for a while, that fills a position of need. But then you cut him? Unless they get Parsons and think he will slide into that Mike position, who is going to take those snaps?
He can be cut at no penalty unlike Lawson - they are looking at 4-5 players at the 6 spot one has to be parsons

but they could select another Lb and still cut Bernard and get savings

not saying they will but they can

if Dallas offers us their #10 for X do you take it?
I guess that would depend on who was on the board at the time. I'd like to see us get more than the 10th although I don't know how realistic that would be. Do you trade him for that pick?

I don't WANT to trade him, but I have to think hard about it if the right offer comes, and I can replace him with a potential stud.
X's age, injury history, and his potential contract demands make the possibility of trading him more realistic, and at a time when his value is at its highest, you can't just walk away from a great offer. I would consider a great offer/ good enough offer a 1st rounder this year or next year.
Good reasoning, I was thinking very similar to this as justification...

I’m with you

Perry
Fedjedelem
Laird
Grant
Hollins
Deiter ?

Depending on the draft and how Brandon Jones is getting on, Rowe could be in the firing line.

I have an uneasy feeling they dump X during the draft. That would clear plenty. It's been too quiet on the subject lately...
Unless they are planning to draft Surtain at 6, they are not going to dump X. He is one of the top CB’s in the NFL and they don’t have anybody on the roster to step in and play at near the level he plays the position. Iggy is not ready and may never be ready to replace Howard.

Back
Top Bottom