More Draft Rumors to Drive You Nuts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Draft Rumors to Drive You Nuts

Kucha

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
According to ESPN, the 9ers are trying to get TB and Minn to trade for their first (not such big news) because contract negotiations are not going well with Alex Smith...This could be a ploy but I thought it was worth posting. Also, there is an outside chance that Aaron Rodgers could fall out of the top 10 altogether (according to John Clayton) if he drops...Finally, the same site said that the Browns and 49ers could shock everyone and draft a defensive guy with their firsts. More info to confuse your minds!!! Here is the link but you must be an ESPN insider to get in:

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=nfldraft&CMP=ILC-INHEAD

Wow someone is jealous they dont get mentioned in all the cool trade rumors like we do :lol:

If tampa trades with San Fran, Minn will want to trade with us.. We don't like Rogers, and now there is enough goin around that says we don't go RB with our pick, so the guy would be edwards if we don't get the trade..

If Aaron Rodgers made it to #8, I see Denny Green picking him up just like he did when Daunte Culpepper fell. Rodgers is like Kurt Warner Junior.

Boik14 said:
Wow someone is jealous they dont get mentioned in all the cool trade rumors like we do :lol:

Actually, aside from players not being mentioned, I've been thinking that attention starved owners like Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder may also pull the trigger and try to get into a bidding war for one of the top picks. Could make things even crazier. I just hope someone pulls off a Mike Ditka and offers us their entire draft pick for our spot plus picks next year. Anyone want to put some lithium in Snyder's coffe on draft day??? (just kidding) :D

KuchaMucha said:
According to ESPN, the 9ers are trying to get TB and Minn to trade for their first (not such big news) because contract negotiations are not going well with Alex Smith...This could be a ploy but I thought it was worth posting. Also, there is an outside chance that Aaron Rodgers could fall out of the top 10 altogether (according to John Clayton) if he drops...Finally, the same site said that the Browns and 49ers could shock everyone and draft a defensive guy with their firsts. More info to confuse your minds!!! Here is the link but you must be an ESPN insider to get in:

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=nfldraft&CMP=ILC-INHEAD[/QUOTE]

Tampa doesn't have the juice to get up to number one, nor would they give up what it would take to get there. Minnesota is the only credible team being mentioned at the moment.

I dont care what has been said about Tampa and their phantom trade rumors. Tampa will not be trading with Miami. I'd fly to Vegas today and put money on it if I could.

The Bucs have WAY TOO MANY draft needs to be trading their top 3 picks to move up 3 spots. Plus, I think Gruden is bluffing anyway. I dont think he wants a QB, I think the reason why he wanted to trade up was so that he had his choice of either BMW or BE. With him on the hotseat with 2 consecutive putrid seasons, he wont just throw 3 top picks away. The #5, 36, and 71 or 91 are way too valuable for an aging team like his to give up.

Bluefin was dead on in his post a few days ago that if the rumors were true, Gruden was trying to steal the pick.....see if he could get it for below market value. When/If he talked to Nick, I'm sure the reality hit Jon hard....he won't be getting the pick without paying the price.

Dudeman said:
I dont care what has been said about Tampa and their phantom trade rumors. Tampa will not be trading with Miami. I'd fly to Vegas today and put money on it if I could.

The Bucs have WAY TOO MANY draft needs to be trading their top 3 picks to move up 3 spots. Plus, I think Gruden is bluffing anyway. I dont think he wants a QB, I think the reason why he wanted to trade up was so that he had his choice of either BMW or BE. With him on the hotseat with 2 consecutive putrid seasons, he wont just throw 3 top picks away. The #5, 36, and 71 or 91 are way too valuable for an aging team like his to give up.

Bluefin was dead on in his post a few days ago that if the rumors were true, Gruden was trying to steal the pick.....see if he could get it for below market value. When/If he talked to Nick, I'm sure the reality hit Jon hard....he won't be getting the pick without paying the price.

That is why I believe we arelocked into smith and Edwards. That is what i believe sabans board is. They are not thinking RB whatsoever (sorry all you ronnie brown worshippers)and have stated so. This is all about smith and Edwards and once again, all we have to do is wait it out. We are indeed wanting Alex smith as our new QB of the future (If you think Saban likes AJ Feeley you are dead wrong). If Smith is picked by SF, we are drafting Edwards, either way you slice it. It all comes down to these two. If SF takes Rogers, then we have a dilemna about trading down because i tend to believe that TB is less a chance of happenin and if it did, we would get less compensation than a trade with Minny.

BlueFin said:
KuchaMucha said:

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=nfldraft&CMP=ILC-INHEAD

Tampa doesn't have the juice to get up to number one, nor would they give up what it would take to get there. Minnesota is the only credible team being mentioned at the moment.

Tampa may or may not have the juice to get to the 1st pick...but they have great credit with Saban.

Dudeman said:

Tampa has the picks...they have extra picks and you guy's forget that Tampa is not afraid to trade future picks away....so don't discount Tampa. I'll bet in Vegas too....that if Tampa offers Saban three or four picks this draft and their number 1 in the next draft...he'd say....we're do I need to sign!!

Back
Top Bottom