More Evidence ESPN Hates MIA | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Evidence ESPN Hates MIA

This ranking isn’t even about defense, so talking about Van Noy is irrelevant. Parker, may not be a house home name, but tell me one wide receiver currently on the jets roster that put up more yards/tds than him last season. I’ll save you the time, no one. Anderson is gone, crowder is the best WR they have left.

None of their TEs matched Gesicki in production. Le’Veon Bell is the only real stud they have on their offense, yet Jordan almost matched his yards missing a good bit of games. Yet somehow they are ranked ahead of us? This is why some here are bothered and feel the hate.

I only brought up Van Noy in the context of my overall statement of having exactly 1 household name on the roster. Which should of been clear. Why you had to attack that part of my opinion, is silly.

Also....the article and the talking points on this board are about Miami. I do not care about the Jets. Do not care where they are ranked and who they have.

Now, can we move past the butthurt?

I'm sure you can fill the board with a million different threads for us all. Sure seems to be your forte right now.

I only brought up Van Noy in the context of my overall statement of having exactly 1 household name on the roster. Which should of been clear. Why you had to attack that part of my opinion, is silly.

Also....the article and the talking points on this board are about Miami. I do not care about the Jets. Do not care where they are ranked and who they have.

I'm sure you can fill the board with a million different threads for us all. Sure seems to be your forte right now.
There is no butt hurt. Just presenting factual data. Sorry you see it as butt hurt, when just pointing out that there are teams ranked higher who performed worse offensively, by position. That is all.

There is no butt hurt. Just presenting factual data. Sorry you see it as butt hurt, when just pointing out that there are teams ranked higher who performed worse offensively, by position. That is all.

My original post dealt with Davie almost exclusively.

Every single year these same exact threads pop up. Why? What has changed? Yes, we got a little hope things are moving in the right direction. But that is all it is....hope.

Davie really doesn't deserve any praise or undying loyalty at this point. And neither do 1 year wonders. That is how far this team has fallen. When you hold up Parker and Williams its nice they showed up, but we have had WRs even with the likes of Landry, Camarillo, Bess and Hartline who put up multiple years of production.

Preseason rankings are worthless. They were fun when you had a Marino led team. But nothing since outside of a few years under Wanstache did this franchise deserve any hype.

How far we have fallen.

Kind of like arguing which turd smells the best.

You know how to stut up the naysayers?

Become a winning franchise again.

Outside of this fan board and Davie, Miami has exactly 1 household name on its roster, and that's a rookie QB from Alabama.

No one else in the league cares what Fitzpatrick does or doesn't do. His past team fanbases have moved on. Van Noy isnt some sack machine, he was a nice piece in the NE scheme, but not a real game changer.

Just tough to complain of lack of respect or whatever grievance you may have with these types of things.

Davie doesnt deserve half the respect some on this board give it. They have done nothing to think otherwise. Let's just hope that a season is even played and some growth is had.
Have to disagree with you. Lots of people took notice for Preston and DP last year. They definitely took notice when we beat the Pats at home and knocked them out of their playoff bye. I know I'm optimistic but don't be so hard on your own team. They are better than ESPN thinks, that was the point.

Miami has been a sub .500 team since 1999. They have averaged 7 wins a year. You want respect? Win, then. Being offseason champs means nothing.
It's not about being hyper respected. It's just that we don't have the 30th ranked offense. Breida, Howard,Preston, Gesicki, DP and Fitz or Tua throwing the rock. 29 teams don't have better than that.

I would hardly say Van Noy is a household name.

I agree that there was excitement for him, but, don't remember it being as insane to get him as it was for Tua Tagovaila Kyler Murry, or Joe Burrow...Darnold could end up as a great QB, but coming out, the hype was not nearly as high as those three, and to this point Darnold has not proven to even be worthy of what hype he got.

If Dan had put Darnold at 4th or 5th, it would have made more sense.

I still think darnold will be fine. The mononucleosis thing set him back big time.

Miami has been a sub .500 team since 1999. They have averaged 7 wins a year. You want respect? Win, then. Being offseason champs means nothing.

I agree, but, separating weapons from the OL is a reach. Give Miami a run game and how good would the weapons look? Give RF another half second and how good would the receivers look? To me, the low ranking is a product of insufficient evidence. Gesicki and DVP have done it once. RF is inconsistent. Williams played part of his rookie year. Wilson didn't really shine until the last fw games. Projected 1-2 RBs are new. Likely 4 new OLmen. IMO, THAT's the reason for the ranking. In the absence of any certainty, human nature is to expect disappointment.

It's not about being hyper respected. It's just that we don't have the 30th ranked offense. Breida, Howard,Preston, Gesicki, DP and Fitz or Tua throwing the rock. 29 teams don't have better than that.
has the season begun and we didn't know it?

Have to disagree with you. Lots of people took notice for Preston and DP last year. They definitely took notice when we beat the Pats at home and knocked them out of their playoff bye. I know I'm optimistic but don't be so hard on your own team. They are better than ESPN thinks, that was the point.
so you are basing it all on a Pats win and an offseason championship? Like who cares? There are teams every year that exceed expectations. Miami has done NOTHING to rise up from the bottom half of the league. They have averaged 16-20 points a game forever. They haven't been able to stop the run. ESPN has learned its lessons on banking on the Phins. Prove it this year and the rankings get better. Curious, where do you think they belong?

Honestly, 30th is a pretty accurate ranking going into the preseason. Most of our skill players are either new to the team, injury prone or have failed to live up to their potential so far (or some combination of all of them). We are going in to year 2 of a total, ground up roster rebuild. I want us to win, and I do expect to see improvements from last year, but we are still a year away (if things go well) from being a legitimate threat in the AFC.

Back
Top Bottom