More Ohio St players considering the draft... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Ohio St players considering the draft...

Okay lets not turn this into a Ohio vs Florida thread. I hope Gonzo stays. he would insure himself a 1st or 2nd rounder next years draft.

Majpain said:
Okay lets not turn this into a Ohio vs Florida thread. I hope Gonzo stays. he would insure himself a 1st or 2nd rounder next years draft.

Gonzo and Pittman should stay! Then again Pittman is still only going to be at best the 3rd best RB next year. Gonzo could show what he can do as the star WR

Skeet84 said:
National Champions this year? I think your uder estimating the Florida Gators, But thats ok. See you Jan. 8 in Glendale

I'm not knocking on Florida at all. It's just that Michigan is a better team than Florida (UM's offense AND defense is better than Florida--easily (and Statistically)) and Ohio State beat UM with THREE turnovers--two of which own their own 20 yrd line.

Ohio State will beat Florida pretty easily. Just as the majority of the nation and EXPERTS in Vegas expect.

And back to the Ohio State players going pro...
I have quite the "inside" with the team, this is not my moment to stand on a soapbox, it's just the facts....And I know that Gonzo will in all likelyhood return as he said he wants to come back as a Senior Captain on the team. Pittman wants to come back and make a run at the Heisman and frankly I thin he will end up in the Top 5 in the Heisman voting next season...he is that good--unfortunatly the offense did not revolve around him this year.

BUT, remember--Tressel won many National Titles at YSU with different QB's each time and running a different offense each time.

Ohio State 2002 will be reborn in 2007. FACT.

OSUDauby said:
I'm not knocking on Florida at all. It's just that Michigan is a better team than Florida (UM's offense AND defense is better than Florida--easily (and Statistically)) and Ohio State beat UM with THREE turnovers--two of which own their own 20 yrd line.

Ohio State will beat Florida pretty easily. Just as the majority of the nation and EXPERTS in Vegas expect.

And back to the Ohio State players going pro...
I have quite the "inside" with the team, this is not my moment to stand on a soapbox, it's just the facts....And I know that Gonzo will in all likelyhood return as he said he wants to come back as a Senior Captain on the team. Pittman wants to come back and make a run at the Heisman and frankly I thin he will end up in the Top 5 in the Heisman voting next season...he is that good--unfortunatly the offense did not revolve around him this year.

BUT, remember--Tressel won many National Titles at YSU with different QB's each time and running a different offense each time.

Ohio State 2002 will be reborn in 2007. FACT.

Yeah because there has never been an upset in a bowl game. Florida is not Michigan and no one knows that Michigan is better they just guess. Florida v.s. Ohio State will be a great game. Ohio State has not played anyone like Florida all year.

Skeet84 said:
Ohio State has not played anyone like Florida all year.

What is Florida "like?" I mean honestly--all egos aside here. Chris Leak, who I actually really like is decent--nothing more than that. Florida doesn't have a threat at RB--nor a big play WR. Teabow will do nothing against Ohio State in this game, he plays too little to have a major effect on the game. The biggest threat for Florida is a young WR (#8) who will need to touch the ball 15+ times to do any damage against a fast Ohio State defense. He will have 3 touches +/- 1.

On defense, Reggie Nelson is the staple--yet he has not faced a WR core like Ohio State's. Florida will need 4-5 more Reggie Nelson type players to make up for Ohio State's dominating offense, it's just that plain and simple. And frankly, Nelson is pretty quick--but will not and cannot match up to Ginn/Gonzo's speed, that's just the facts. So, Florida will have to double up on one WR which will open up Pittman/Wells. When Florida's pass rushers get to Smith, the DB's will be too far down field to stop Smith from picking up 10+yards as he out runs your DL. The LB's will have to come up in coverage to run Smith out of bounds.

It will be a looooonnnngggg game for Florida. Ohio State is just that much better where they will methodically pick Florida's defense apart. And Florida offense is just not good enough to match OSU point-for-point.

Florida may score 20+ points, but they cannot operate like Ohio State and will lose as expected.

I want you all to save this post. It's going to freak you all out when you look back at it after the game--you'll think that I can see into the future. Sometimes I even scare myself--I'm just that good.

OSUDauby said:
What is Florida "like?" I mean honestly--all egos aside here. Chris Leak, who I actually really like is decent--nothing more than that. Florida doesn't have a threat at RB--nor a big play WR. Teabow will do nothing against Ohio State in this game, he plays too little to have a major effect on the game. The biggest threat for Florida is a young WR (#8) who will need to touch the ball 15+ times to do any damage against a fast Ohio State defense. He will have 3 touches +/- 1.

On defense, Reggie Nelson is the staple--yet he has not faced a WR core like Ohio State's. Florida will need 4-5 more Reggie Nelson type players to make up for Ohio State's dominating offense, it's just that plain and simple. And frankly, Nelson is pretty quick--but will not and cannot match up to Ginn/Gonzo's speed, that's just the facts. So, Florida will have to double up on one WR which will open up Pittman/Wells. When Florida's pass rushers get to Smith, the DB's will be too far down field to stop Smith from picking up 10+yards as he out runs your DL. The LB's will have to come up in coverage to run Smith out of bounds.

It will be a looooonnnngggg game for Florida. Ohio State is just that much better where they will methodically pick Florida's defense apart. And Florida offense is just not good enough to match OSU point-for-point.

Florida may score 20+ points, but they cannot operate like Ohio State and will lose as expected.

I want you all to save this post. It's going to freak you all out when you look back at it after the game--you'll think that I can see into the future. Sometimes I even scare myself--I'm just that good.

Wow you really have no idea what your talking about when it comes to florida.

Skeet84 said:

Umm, show me where I am wrong.
Leak averages 209 yards passing a game. That is not eye popping.
So, if a QB doesn't have a ton of passing yards, you'd expect there to be more rushing yards....WRONG!
Wynn is UF's best RB averaging a whopping 48 yards a game. And he isn't even healthy--Ohio State will eat him alive...(I.E.-See McGahee - 2002)
Baker may be UF's leading WR, but as I said before Harvin has the best shot at cracking the OSU defense--which will not happen.

Please let's not compare the two teams defenses. Ohio State wins this battle easily. Ohio State has a better DL, better LB's and comparable DBs.

This game is all but over.
When is the last time you saw a National Championship game where the spread was over 12 points?!?!

Skeet84 said:

And now that I have had a moment to re-read my O.P., I realize how PERFECT it is. I mean, I have even surprised myself! Show me where anything in that post is out of line or incorrect. It is a masterpiece and should go down in finheaven history as one of the greatest post ever.

But...show me my errors. Please.

just some points to go against your points.

Chris Leak passed for more yards than Troy Smith this year. We've defeated several QBs with better yardage totals, including Woodson of UK, Russell of LSU, Wilson of Bama, and even Ainge of UT despite his injury--holding all of their teams to 20 points or less.

2. Deshawn Wynn (UF #1 RB) averages more yards per carry than Antonio Pittman (OSU #1 RB). Some RBs we've faced this year who are also statistically better than or equal to Pittman in YPC: McFadden and Jones (Ark), Lumpkin (UGA), Boyd (SCar), Fletcher (USM) -- all of whom we've held under 100 yards

The vaunted OSU passing attack, behind Heisman Trophy QB Troy Smith and five legendary receivers (according to some posters), has only thrown for more than 300 yards once this season (and that took 41 attempts against the #75 pass defense in the country).

Penn State, a statistically and physically inferior defense to UF, held OSU to just 253 yards IN COLUMBUS. (OSU won 28-6, but the score was inflated by two late defensive TDs by the Buckeyes. It was 7-3 going into the 4th.)

The more you know!!!

Timmy54 said:
Penn State, a statistically and physically inferior defense to UF, held OSU to just 253 yards IN COLUMBUS. (OSU won 28-6, but the score was inflated by two late defensive TDs by the Buckeyes. It was 7-3 going into the 4th.)

The more you know!!!

Wow, Penn State's defense is inferior to UF?!? Funny, that UF has ONE defenseive All American--as does Penn State.

And the game at Ohio State was in a driving rain storm the ENTIRE game.

Timmy54 said:
The vaunted OSU passing attack, behind Heisman Trophy QB Troy Smith and five legendary receivers (according to some posters), has only thrown for more than 300 yards once this season (and that took 41 attempts against the #75 pass defense in the country).

You must have missed the games. Ohio State puts up nearly 40 points a game...most of which scored quarters 1-3...after that it's a run-run-run offense. Why would we continue to pass when we could run the clock out. I know that you are not suggesting that Leak is half the QB that Smith is. Alos, you forgot to note that UF played an extra game, 13 total--to Ohio State's 12 games.

You're making this too easy on me.

Okayif anyone of you mention the ******* national title game one more time I'm getting the mods.

Now take that discussion to Ohio ST vs Florida.

Jesus christ some of you people I swear.

Back
Top Bottom