John St. Claire
Damion McIntosh-INJ

OG
Jeno James
Taylor Whitley
Billy Yates

C
Seth McKinney

With all of this talk about Andrews, McCarey, Snee, etc., does this mean that we've all but given up on Whitley and possibly McKinney? I happen to like what I've seen of Yates in the limited action he's seen. To be honest, I don't want to spend a #1 pick on a OL. I would rather see us trade down, get more picks and pick an OL in the 3rd round or if we get a 2nd.

if a player doesn't come in and dominate their first year out of college, people think of them as crap.

I don't want to take OL #1 this year either. I'd LOVE to have the FO sign Randall, that pushes St. Clair to compete with Mckinney for Center, where he belongs, we can catch another competition guard late in the draft, but it could look like this....

OT- Mac, Smith, Randall (young, hungry, great players)
OG- jeno, Mckinney/St. clair, Yates
C- Mckinney/St. Clair

i really don't want St. Clair at tackle. But he was an all pro center at the college level, I think he'd be much better suited for interior line.

How many times can we acquire SD players and not play like SD?

Andrews COULD be a top-notch player, although I just read about a potential herniated disc problem so that kinda sours me on him...If that is true, it's an injury that could recur at any time. But, supposing the FO has determined that medically he is ok, drafting him puts him at the RT spot, which is his natural position....McI is a quality tackle as well and when healthy could end up as our swing tackle or could move to the RG spot, making St. Clair our backup at C, G, T. St. Clair and McKinney can battle out the RG and C spots. I only mention this because the knock on McKinney has been that he was slow to learn the line calls....If we don't get an OL in the first round, more than likely we will have to rely on Whitley to be our RG, at least until McI returns...But that is not too bad except that he has not started. Any way it goes, we will have two players who do not have alot of playing time on the line (McK and either Andrews or Whitley). I'm sure we'll also see a vet OL in the mix from the June 1 FA period as well...

Back
Top Bottom