More on Lee Evans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More on Lee Evans

LdoubleE80

Starter
Reaction score
First he wasn't big enough for some...they said he was 5'9. After he measured in at over 5'11 and 197 lbs, he answered that question.

Next, people whined that he wasn't recovered from his knee injury. Well, if he's not recovered, I'd HATE to see what he could do on 2 good knees, because he busted out a 4.35 in the 40 at the combine, on a notoriously slow track. WOW! Cut McKnight and give that kid #80 already!

Originally posted by LdoubleE80
First he wasn't big enough for some...they said he was 5'9. After he measured in at over 5'11 and 197 lbs, he answered that question.

Next, people whined that he wasn't recovered from his knee injury. Well, if he's not recovered, I'd HATE to see what he could do on 2 good knees, because he busted out a 4.35 in the 40 at the combine, on a notoriously slow track. WOW! Cut McKnight and give that kid #80 already!

Good God... 4.35 on a repaired knee??? That's an awesome time, even for a guy with TWO good knees.

I am a bit concerned by the knee though.. Last thing I want to see the Dolphins stuck with is another Yatil Green..

I LOVE Evans. He will make some team VERY happy in the second round. We will be looking at a bigger receiver though in the first.

Man, what a showing. Can you guys imagine an all-Wisconsin receiving tandem?? :eek:

If we trade down in the first round, don't rule out Lee Evans. Heck, we may have to snap him at 20 if he keeps kicking butt like this.

Muck, I agree totally. Chambers and Evans played in HS together here in NE Ohio. Evans was a great hurdler as well. If he languishes as a 2nd round target, we'd have to trade down to get him. The best thing that can happen is that he performs wonderfully at the combine and then at the pro day. The 2 WR's I like the most are Reggie Williams and Lee Evans.

A lot of ppl on here like Mike Clayton. He was described as "very average" in WR drills at the combine. Evans is a better fit for us than Clayton. Clayton is more of a project, whereas Evans is a polished product.

miami needs a split end i.e. a big, physical, sure handed guy like clayton, jenkins, any of the williamses, or fitz. chambers is already an excellent flanker, now they need a big fella to complement him.

Originally posted by LdoubleE80
Muck, I agree totally. Chambers and Evans played in HS together here in NE Ohio. Evans was a great hurdler as well. If he languishes as a 2nd round target, we'd have to trade down to get him. The best thing that can happen is that he performs wonderfully at the combine and then at the pro day. The 2 WR's I like the most are Reggie Williams and Lee Evans.

A lot of ppl on here like Mike Clayton. He was described as "very average" in WR drills at the combine. Evans is a better fit for us than Clayton. Clayton is more of a project, whereas Evans is a polished product.

They played HS ball together?? Man, that must have been some receiving corps.

I don't think we have to have a strictly possession guy per say. Just a guy with decent size who doesn't mind going over the middle.

Look at those Jacksonville and Washington teams from a few years ago. Smith & McCardell and Westbrook & Connell. All four guys can get deep. But Westbrook and McCardell didn't mind doing the dirty work. Heck, the Washington boys both averaged 18.3 ypc that one year. Irvin and Harper were the same way in Dallas.

Plus, when you have a guy like Randy McMichael working the intermediate areas, it's not quite as crucial. Especially when you have two guys who can stretch the field and force those safeties to play back. That opens up the middle as well.

But the key IMO starts with the QB. With all those weapons, he has to be able to see things quckly and clearly. And he has to be able to anticipate and make those decisions in a snap.

Heck, look at our own O.J. McDuffie. All he did was go over the middle. Even led the league with 90 recs one year. And he was all of 5-10, 195 lbs. It's too bad because he very easily could still be doing it for us today. You know he would have loved it too. But that's another discussion.

Well, there's no doubt that we SHOULD take a one of the WR's in the 1st round, specially if we have 2 picks in round one. I just hope that the FO doesn't dispoint us once again on draft day. Last year we could have drafted Calyco or Boldin but we didn't. Pleaseeeeeeeeee, lets not make the same mistake again. Lets get CC some help on the other side, not to mention our new QB.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom