More production from any Tight end? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More production from any Tight end?

Will any Dolphins TE beat Gesicki's numbers from last year? (5tds, 32 for 362 yards)

• 1 - Comfortably

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • 2- Barely

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • 3 - Close, but no cigar

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • 4 - Nowhere near, Tights Ends are allowed to catch??

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters
Conner was a very interesting stash. He's a pet project for sure -- BUT he's got way more twitch than MG and is also a more intrinsically physical player. Supposedly hand measured 4.37 at pro day -- and vertical close to MG but we all know Mike is part kangaroo. Athletically Conner is "special" and his upside is immense -- tho we also all know very few of these "project" players ever realize their immense potential on the field as a legit dominant player. BUT there's a possibility this kid could really surprise. From all I've collected -- he's got "it" between the ears so we'll see. For now he's the most interesting player on the roster for me in terms of potential.
All very true statements

But hey you never know, he could be a Darren Waller - he was drafted as wr, in the 6th round, had a rocky start to his career, but finally came to relevance here the last few years. Hopefully it wouldnt take Conner that long, but we can have some hope!

Well to be fair to Mike I am guessing those two years we had parker and co at wideout and not Hill and Waddle?
Thats exactly my point... If Gesicki is one of the top players on your offense, you're not going anywhere no matter what type of stats he puts up...

Thats exactly my point... If Gesicki is one of the top players on your offense, you're not going anywhere no matter what type of stats he puts up...
Just waking up here so not quite running on 8 cylinders yet. Hang on I will catch up after another coffee. šŸ„±

All very true statements

But hey you never know, he could be a Darren Waller - he was drafted as wr, in the 6th round, had a rocky start to his career, but finally came to relevance here the last few years. Hopefully it wouldnt take Conner that long, but we can have some hope!
Great teams (orgs) seemingly always develop a player or 2 from some raw clay into something "special." Usually takes 2-3 years. And I'm not talking R1s like Iggy.

Just waking up here so not quite running on 8 cylinders yet. Hang on I will catch up after another coffee. šŸ„±
No that was a legit argument... After posting my initial thoughts, I almost edited it to include pretty much what I responded to you but I figured someone would bring it up and decided not to... And it took 2 minutes for someone to bring it up lol!

You defended Gesicki tooth and nail to death. Even his blocking skills.

Now a tight end comes along who is truly great at blocking, and now you decide to **** on that guy :lol:

Gesicki would never in his life make a block like that, probably not even on a college db as a grown man now. He routinely was out physical'd by corners

Reading is Fundamental.

Clearly Iā€™m talking about the Mauler title.

Never once have I said the guy canā€™t block.

Last edited:
You defended Gesicki tooth and nail to death. Even his blocking skills.

Now a tight end comes along who is truly great at blocking, and now you decide to **** on that guy :lol:

Gesicki would never in his life make a block like that, probably not even on a college db as a grown man now. He routinely was out physical'd by corners
Always really liked MG as a class act -- very bright -- great personality --- almost want to call him "sweet." :oops:

But for sure -- absolutely deficient in the NASTY PHYSICAL footballer mind VS. the more ethereal "elevated" persona of a Volleyballer! But seriously -- there are some great athletes in international VB! But not footballers.

Mike was unable to translate his prodigious athletic profile (PAP) into a BAD ASS Pro TE whatever just humiliate those idiots on D with your superior genetics and Penn State certified neurons. Nope. Perennially defined as the most INCOMPLETE football player (of high profile) in the entire N-F-L!

The 10mil GIFT Grier dished out last year was pretty ridiculous -- in both retrospect and contemporary terms.

Will they have more yards and TDs?

Game winning TDs?
On this offense as constructed... I'd much, MUCH rather have a TE who can block but can barely catch than a TE who can catch but cant block... The receiving part of this offense can hold its own quite allright, the blocking part? Not so much.

Always really liked MG as a class act -- very bright -- great personality --- almost want to call him "sweet." :oops:

But for sure -- absolutely deficient in the NASTY PHYSICAL footballer mind VS. the more ethereal "elevated" persona of a Volleyballer! But seriously -- there are some great athletes in international VB! But not footballers.

Mike was unable to translate his prodigious athletic profile (PAP) into a BAD ASS Pro TE whatever just humiliate those idiots on D with your superior genetics and Penn State certified neurons. Nope. Perennially defined as the most INCOMPLETE football player (of high profile) in the entire N-F-L!

The 10mil GIFT Grier dished out last year was pretty ridiculous -- in both retrospect and contemporary terms.
I love Gesicki.

The guy

Just not the player

On this offense as constructed... I'd much, MUCH rather have a TE who can block but can barely catch than a TE who can catch but cant block... The receiving part of this offense can hold its own quite allright, the blocking part? Not so much.

But I'd like a TE who is a good enough receiver he makes the D play honest

All I can say is we'll see. This offense seems to flow thru WRs.

100%

...and this works in our favour if we draft a block-first TE. We are looking for 40-50 receptions per year and great blocking. We need a Y-type TE, and drafting a guy that we do not expect to catch the ball... means we can play him early. Most rookie TEs struggle badly, but a blocker... not so much.

Back
Top Bottom