More production from any Tight end? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More production from any Tight end?

Will any Dolphins TE beat Gesicki's numbers from last year? (5tds, 32 for 362 yards)

• 1 - Comfortably

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • 2- Barely

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • 3 - Close, but no cigar

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • 4 - Nowhere near, Tights Ends are allowed to catch??

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters
Then again many thought Parker in NE would make us regret letting him go, but it was not the case.

Gesicki can have big games (Rarely in a row), can be a weapon in the REDZONE (Not every game), but he is also inconsistent, and will not give you much if at anything at all after the catch. Also Tua is one of the more accurate QBs, Mac is not, so Gesicki is going to have to make more acrobatic, off the mark catches then he did last year when he dropped quite a few.

Not betting on Gesicki destroying any numbers with Mac at the helm.

Devante Parker and Gesicki are at very different places in their respective careers. Care to make a wager? I will make a bet that he easily double those numbers from us this last year. What can we bet? Loser has to change their signature for a year with a custom message from the winner that can say anything as long as it is allowed by FinHeaven. Just for fun.

We are in a bit of a win now mode, so I would not be surprised if we skip TE. Not in a good position to reach for anybody, if the BPA is OT, RB, or TE I think we go OT

For some reason McD did NOT like to throw to MG. I think he thought it showed too much of his hand when MG was out there and used him as a decoy for the D to have to account for. Insert someone that can block well AND catch like Washington and he'll give him the Kittle pays.

The reasons were obvious.

The reason he was tagged by Grier is what I’m still searching for.

Last edited:
I think that was to give McD a crack at seeing what he could do with him.

It’s a shame no one in the building was smart enough to figure it out before tagging him and wasting $11M in cap space.

McDaniel saw Gesicki, moved on from Gesicki.

Will our new #1 TE, whoever that maybe, add more humph to the Dolphins offence in terms of passing game output?
No one presently on the team will have more than 35 pedestrian 6 yard receptions. Staubert’s game is basically the same as Alex Ingoll’s minus the up the middle run blocking. Lovett will not see the field much.. if he survives clinal cuts.

Devante Parker and Gesicki are at very different places in their respective careers. Care to make a wager? I will make a bet that he easily double those numbers from us this last year. What can we bet? Loser has to change their signature for a year with a custom message from the winner that can say anything as long as it is allowed by FinHeaven. Just for fun.

I don't wager, but we will see how he does. I still stick to my opinion, Gesicki will not be much more successful then Parker was with Mac at the helm.

I don't wager, but we will see how he does. I still stick to my opinion, Gesicki will not be much more successful then Parker was with Mac at the helm.
This is the year even the Pats die hards start realizing how trash Mac is. He's literally Tua's water boy.

We are in a bit of a win now mode, so I would not be surprised if we skip TE. Not in a good position to reach for anybody, if the BPA is OT, RB, or TE I think we go OT
We are in win now mode there’s only three positions where a rookie could contribute

I don't expect any single tight end to eclipse Gesicki's statistical output from last season. I expect next season to be a TE by committee with around 3 guys legitimately contributing.

With that, I DO expect the TE group to match or exceed the total receiving yardage produced by last year's group (491 yards). I also expect this TE group to be a better blocking unit allowing McDaniel to unlock more in the run game and help in pass protection as needed.

If we draft one of Mayer, Washington, or Kraft, I expect them to exceed the 362 yards that Gesicki produced last season in their second season, all while contributing from the jump as a multi-phased fit in this offense that Gesicki could never be.

I'm excited at the prospect of our starting TE no longer serving as a tell for the defense that the ball will not be run in that direction successfully.

For some reason McD did NOT like to throw to MG. I think he thought it showed too much of his hand when MG was out there and used him as a decoy for the D to have to account for. Insert someone that can block well AND catch like Washington and he'll give him the Kittle pays.
I think it had something to do w his inability to fight through defenders to make a catch. The dude literally needs to be wide open

Conner was a very interesting stash. He's a pet project for sure -- BUT he's got way more twitch than MG and is also a more intrinsically physical player. Supposedly hand measured 4.37 at pro day -- and vertical close to MG but we all know Mike is part kangaroo. Athletically Conner is "special" and his upside is immense -- tho we also all know very few of these "project" players ever realize their immense potential on the field as a legit dominant player. BUT there's a possibility this kid could really surprise. From all I've collected -- he's got "it" between the ears so we'll see. For now he's the most interesting player on the roster for me in terms of potential.
Shame that the one time they went to him he dropped a perfect ball over the middle on a key 3rd down. Went through both hands 🙌 We didn’t see him much after that

If Ds aren't playing honest with Hill and Waddle on the field... Nothing will.

Let's do it this way. with Smythe being the #1 TE and TH/Waddle, the DC will not spend as much timing Smythe as he would Kelce/TH/waddle. I want a good blocking TE (yes), but I want a TE who is a good enough receiver he will draw the eyes of defenders.

Back
Top Bottom