More than 70 players at today's OTA | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More than 70 players at today's OTA

Stupid question, what would be the point of having them over if he did that? :shrug:
the try guys male stripping GIF by BuzzFeed
I wish I could say this was the gayest thing I've seen today.

Let be real beside Howard everybody else should be there. We got 2 probowl on this team...

I think ppl make waaayyyyy too much of that, TBH.

Flo's the alpha, and it isn't a competition. It's everyone doing what's best for the team.

I disagree specifically because Flo isn’t the sole OC and the other two are coordinators for run/pass. They’re not presenting their plans to the OC and he does what he see fit with it.

These guys are reporting to each other and running their own show. They’re calling and not calling specific plays.

I can see situations where God's calls a pass when E thought a run would have been better. Point being, it results in no point

I can see enough of that happen throughout the season to start creating problems.

I’m not a believer i TWO guys in charge.

Last edited:
We have no idea how the OCs are structured outside of what is public. Speculation about arguing over goaline play calling is such a drastic take on the situation.
The other drastic side would be the two heads are better than one argument.
Neither is accurate 100%. And I'm sure when this decision was made, this was discussed.

We have no idea how the OCs are structured outside of what is public. Speculation about arguing over goaline play calling is such a drastic take on the situation.
The other drastic side would be the two heads are better than one argument.
Neither is accurate 100%. And I'm sure when this decision was made, this was discussed.

Right because discussing it ahead of time suggest there’s likely not to be any problems when the bullets start flying.

I will remain speculative on this one until they prove me wrong.

Truth be told, and i think it was highlighted somewhere, the likely reason Flo went with this format is because he didn't want to lose one of them.
It seems that's what was going to happen if he promoted one and not the other. So solution, let's promote both and figure out how to make it work.

Problem? Ego and human nature is a bitch! Moreover, it's the main reason why you rarely see two people in charge.

Last edited:
Right because discussing it ahead of time suggest there’s likely not to be any problems when the bullets start flying.

I will remain speculative on this one until they prove me wrong.
Terrific, you remain completely negative in your personal speculation about a team that has shown constant improvement over the last two years.
I elect to speculate in the support of FloCo and believe, yes this is settled before going into the season instead of setting up a sideline fight over goal line play calling during our first game.

Terrific, you remain completely negative in your personal speculation about a team that has shown constant improvement over the last two years.
I elect to speculate in the support of FloCo and believe, yes this is settled before going into the season instead of setting up a sideline fight over goal line play calling during our first game.

One has nothing to do with the other. If anything that growth was under the banner of ONE OC with coordinators reporting to him...not two!

The goaline was clearly an example of football goal to goal where many decisions are made.

I trust Coach Flo and co. But the history of leadership is strongly against him on this one and is aligned towards ONE voice and decision maker not TWO!

One suggests and then relents!

Last edited:
There's competition for places, nice to see, the players know that this team can be ruthless and no one is safe. Turn up and prove you deserve a roster spot. It's certainly different to recent years around here :)

I think ppl make waaayyyyy too much of that, TBH.

Flo's the alpha, and it isn't a competition. It's everyone doing what's best for the team.
I agree. Those "heat of the moment" decisions are prepared for on good teams. The plans are usually designed around situations. With experienced coaches most situations are considered beforehand and the game plan will have a few plays they think will be effective in those situations. It's not something that becomes a negotiation during the game.

According to Ian Rapaport, the players worked out a deal with Brian Flores for a lower exertion level during voluntary workouts. In exchange, more than 70 players participated. At least they're getting in some on-field work and exposure to the playbook.
I just do not understand why they want less exertion. This sissy crap is very irritating. They are NFL players. You play like you practice.

They’re trying to get in shape (hahaha) from all the bonbons this offseason.

One has nothing to do with the other. If anything that growth was under the banner of ONE OC with coordinators reporting to him...not two!

The goaline was clearly an example of football goal to goal where many decisions are made.

I trust Coach Flo and co. But the history of leadership is strongly against him on this one and is aligned towards ONE voice and decision maker not TWO!

One suggests and then relents!
I'm willing to bet this is already established that one will be the GameDay play caller while the other is the lead on preparing the weekly gameplan. Like every organization with equal levels of leadership, it works just fine when lines of responsibility is clearly defined. It's when they aren't that people starts stepping on each other's toes and problems arise; leadership from the top prevents this.

Back
Top Bottom