More Tua Recognition | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Tua Recognition

Speaking of that drive. Did anyone notice how Tua was motioning towards the sidelines at the beginning of the drive? Looked like he was waving off personnel and/or play calls from the sidelines to me and calling his own plays. Maybe I’m wrong but it appeared that way to me.
I noticed and was impressed he was in the hurry up and was in control. Knew what he was doing and the personnel needed. :UP:

Trevor Lawrence looks awful. He needs to be given the business in the media and by fans with their comments way more than he has. I don't care he's on Jax, he was/is supposed to make them BETTER.

It's crazy how he and the equally bad looking other QBs in the '21 class (outside Mac Jones) have been given such an easy ride, that simply wasn't afforded to Tua at all. That's what pisses me off most, because you have to show patience with these kids and even from within our own building people were doing there upmost to bring Tua down before they even gave him a chance. Hell his rookie season, where he came in midway through had a winning record and just 5 ints was at best described in the media as up and down. It was actually pretty remarkable when you take into account he was a rookie, without a real camp, no pre-season, coming off the back of a serious injury, with no running game, very bad line and oft injured WRs who led the league s in drops.

'20 for Tua was criminally underrated given the circumstances, '21 he's taken it to another level and still not given the support he needs within the organisation. And there are still idiots like Omar Kelly in the media questioning him, wanting us to trade away for another QB.

And behind THIS O-line….

Anyone with eyes can tell this chart is OBVIOUSLY wrong. They just put the Dolphins logo at the 0,0 intersect for convenience. The real logo should be WAY LOWER and to the LEFT (Negative) ;)

OL play:
Football Nfl GIF by Barstool Sports

And behind THIS O-line….

This is fantastic but availability counts. Tua is solid and I hope he changes the narrative but as it stands it took him almost 25 eligible starts to play in the same amount of games as Murray did in one season. Availability is one of the most important stats there is. I hope the man continues staying healthy behind a poor O line. Though playing my own devils advocate, Murray is a season ending injury waiting to happen.

We have a deadly accurate, fast release, poised in the pocket QB who apparently does some subtle things right as well

That was a damn quick release. And the body control is impressive. You could tell with his body he was still playing another receiver even as he threw it. Impressive.

This is impressive:

“And there’s this: Tagovailoa has posted a 100-plus passer rating in four consecutive games, the NFL’s longest active ongoing streak. The only player in Dolphins history with a longer such streak within a season is Dan Marino, who did so in six consecutive games during his 1984 MVP season.

And Tagovailoa has done all this despite having a running game that averages 3.3 yards per carry (second worst in the league) and a line that has allowed the most pressures and a receiving group that has the most drops in the league, per Fox.”

This is impressive:

“And there’s this: Tagovailoa has posted a 100-plus passer rating in four consecutive games, the NFL’s longest active ongoing streak. The only player in Dolphins history with a longer such streak within a season is Dan Marino, who did so in six consecutive games during his 1984 MVP season.

And Tagovailoa has done all this despite having a running game that averages 3.3 yards per carry (second worst in the league) and a line that has allowed the most pressures and a receiving group that has the most drops in the league, per Fox.”
His 4 game streak is currently the longest in the NFL.....and of the season....for any QB. The second longest....2.

Back
Top Bottom