More Tua Recognition | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Tua Recognition

I would argue the defense has allowed a horrific offense to have better stats as a whole. I respect everyone’s opinions on here but I still can’t for the life of me see how anyone defends the offense on this team. It’s down right awful even against the worst of the nfl. Tua may be having solid games but offense is still struggling mightily despite qb play.
[Travis wingfield] Number of offensive plays of 50-plus yards since Week 9: Dolphins 4, Packers 3 and Bears 3 , Raiders 2, Rams 2,Vikings 2, 13 teams tied with 1

[Travis wingfield] Number of offensive plays of 50-plus yards since Week 9: Dolphins 4, Packers 3 and Bears 3 , Raiders 2, Rams 2,Vikings 2, 13 teams tied with 1
Are you saying this is your barometer of a good offense? Are you saying you watch these games and think the offense is playing well? I’m genuinely curious. What are these teams records as of week 9 out of curiosity because at first glance I see one team on this list I’d be happy with.

Are you saying this is your barometer of a good offense? Are you saying you watch these games and think the offense is playing well? I’m genuinely curious. What are these teams records as of week 9 out of curiosity because at first glance I see one team on this list I’d be happy with.
It would appear he's simply linking a statement by the Dolphins' writer as to big plays over the last month. It doesn't mean everything.

I wouldn't (nor would most people I'm sure) say the offense is playing well. Some within that offense are, however, Tua, Waddle and Parker (when available), Gesicki at times included. It's no secret Tua and Waddle are carrying the offense, without any great help from the line or other targets (some are doing 'ok,' but not on Tua's/Waddle's level). Tua - because his decision-making is improving and he doesn't hesitate, and already had great release/accuracy. Waddle - because he damn near can't be single-covered on slants and short/medium stuff...his route-running is elite.

It's what it is...there's not much that can be done about it now for this season...players could provide some slight improvement, but they're reliant on a few key players to carry the lion's share.

I dont want to put Tua on a pedestal. I want Tua to put his bust on a pedestal in Canton or at least have a long term career trajectory in that direction.
He's not perfect and there's some throws we seldom see him even attempt like a line-drive-trajectory deep out. But he throws darts like a Mofo and if he keeps it up his nickname is 'Hawaiian Sniper' and Im making the T-Shirt.

Nah. Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm saying the defense isn't the sole purpose for the offenses stats. They are helping SOME.

As far as short passes..

When you throw short before you are forced to, that check-down guy is more open and more able to get up to speed and make a guy miss. He did this at Bama a lot. The fact that Tua hits those throws as if he's handing it off, accuracy-wise, the backs can get their eyes downfield fast AF and make a play. This past Sunday we were working the sidelines a lot for 5-8 yds a pop and moving the chains and those balls were max on-time and on-target.

Completion % doesn't mean much when you have the 2nd lowest (Goff #1) IAY per throw in the sport.
I haven’t had time to read all this thread but can someone tell me who number 1 is. I’m sure it’s Tom Brady, or a hall of famer, actually who’s number 1 all time too

Back
Top Bottom