More wins: Phins or the Raiders | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More wins: Phins or the Raiders

DolfanInSoCal

Starter
Reaction score
I live in southern california and i have some friends that are part of the "Raider Nation"(Idiots). Anyway, I bet my friends ten dollars the Dophins will have more wins then the Raiders. Do you think I will win?

Hopefully your right. I want to bet a friend that if the Phins have more wins then the raiders, he has to take a family picture with his whole immediate family wearing Miami gear, and vice-versa. He's currently still thinking about it. Going to the SD game by the way? Hopefully I'll see alot of you here from SoCal there.

No doubt you'll win. The Raiders need defense to have a winning season. IMO they will be like the Cincinatti Bengals--no defense, all offense.

CanadianPhinFan said:
No doubt you'll win. The Raiders need defense to have a winning season. IMO they will be like the Cincinatti Bengals--no defense, all offense.
I agree, Collins, Jordon, Moss, and Porter won't do much with no defence. At least we have a good balance.

DolfanInSoCal said:
I live in southern california and i have some friends that are part of the "Raider Nation"(Idiots). Anyway, I bet my friends ten dollars the Dophins will have more wins then the Raiders. Do you think I will win?

I think we will.

BTW, I will be at that game (Dolphins @ Raiders)

DolfanInSoCal said:

LOL, it's only 10 bucks. I'm hoping we turn out 9 wins.

The Raiders only look better in offense to me. I can't remember if they did anything to improve their defense. Randy was a HUGE boost though.

dolphins are gonnw win 19 games by feb. open and shut bet!

CanadianPhinFan said:

And that will be a better team than the Phins this year. The Raiders will win more games, because they're in a weaker division, and because they've got one of the best playmakers in the NFL, if not the best. For all the hype around KC, Denver, Sd, they would not have a chance in the Afc East, and because Miami is in the East, they're gonna struggle till a consistent Qb is found. I'm not gonna be a "homer" and say Miami is gonna be a good team, because it's gonna take time, and right now Buffalo, NYJ, and New England are all better teams. Does anyone else laugh at the thought that the Chiefs are a contender, even when they had that great regular season there is something about that team that once the playoffs come, ya know they'll choke. For all the hype the Afc East, and West have gotten, the AFC North is a better division with the improvement of Cincy and Baltimore.

The Raiders play in what I think could be the toughest division next season. I like Miami's chances of having more wins at the end of the year. This feels like a down year for the AFC East in terms of its prestige as the best division. Maybe I feel that way because it seems most feel it's a no brainer that the AFC East is so tough, though.

Jimmy James said:
The Raiders play in what I think could be the toughest division next season. I like Miami's chances of having more wins at the end of the year. This feels like a down year for the AFC East in terms of its prestige as the best division. Maybe I feel that way because it seems most feel it's a no brainer that the AFC East is so tough, though.

No! NO! NO!! the nfc west or nfc. is a joke I could put together a team of finn fans that could go .500 in the NFC cmon dudes gonna lose his bet all cuz we play in the AFCE and hiz buddies Oakland TRADERS play who? the seahawks? Rams? Chiefs? SanD is the only real comp they have mabey the dongcos? look at the raid. only division where a sub-.500 season can get you into the play-off's and we cant get in w/ winning our div. and 10 wins please!! and if I hear ******ed fools like rome and randy cross say things like "fish-Fade" ever again I'll get violent.

That's a fun bet and no big deal at 10 bucks. You might win, but it's sort of the Rick Spielman approach to casual betting. Completely ignore value and proper odds.

Frankly, your friend scalped you bigtime. He should be giving 1/2 odds or worse betting Oakland to win more games than Miami. I think I remember Oakland's season wins over/under as being 7.5. Miami is 5 or 5.5. Come to think of it, that's probably closer to 2/5 or 1/3 than 1/2. You should be demanding a $25 profit for every $10 risked. At even money he has the best of it.

It reminds me of two lousy value man-to-man bets I made when I was a teenager. One was New England to win straight up at Oakland in the '76 playoffs. New England dominated the game and was screwed by the refs in the final quarter, including a horrendous roughing the passer call on Sugar Bear Hamilton on 4th down in the last minute. I should have received enough points to cover but my friend Evan raked me with the even odds. A few months later I got back at Evan by wagering Seattle Slew would win the Triple Crown, again at even money. Looking back decades later, that was obviously an idiotic bet, winning all 3 races at even money, but Slew came through with lengths to spare.

Dolphins 11-5 [AJ Feeley 24 TDs 8 INTs 3,400 yards 64%] [9th Offense overall, 2nd Defense Overall]

Raiders 9-7 [Kerry Collins 32 TDs 26 INTs 4,200 yards 58%] [4th Offense Overall, 30th Defense overall]

Buddwalk said:
Dolphins 11-5 [AJ Feeley 24 TDs 8 INTs 3,400 yards 64%] [9th Offense overall, 2nd Defense Overall]

Raiders 9-7 [Kerry Collins 32 TDs 26 INTs 4,200 yards 58%] [4th Offense Overall, 30th Defense overall]

I don't think Miami will have the 2nd best defense in the division, let alone the NFL.

djfresh47 said:
I don't think Miami will have the 2nd best defense in the division, let alone the NFL.

We were 8th last season and we sucked.

Back
Top Bottom