Morency being considered.......... Good boy Saban | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Morency being considered.......... Good boy Saban

SpeedRush99 said:
Rather have Fason, although depending on a trade down I doubt we'll be in a position to get him, I've seen him going very early 2nd in many legit mocks.

No he won't. He's dropped quite a bit after his workout.

wyo said:
I would have to say no way

to your no way
Then I will say no way to your no way of his no way. Beat that !!! I dare ya.

Ghetti13 said:
Morency is from Florida. There are not the same restrictions on bringing in players who are from within your state. That is why Morency was brought in. It is simple common sense for Saban to bring him in.

That being said, he is older, not terrible powerful and does not have elite speed for a guy his size. However, he has excellent feet and quickness.

I am not sold on him being the type of back Saban is looking for. Also, I think he may be closer to a 4th than a 2nd.

We're always talking about speed when it comes to who to draft..........40's, shuttles, blah blah blah.......... it all comes down to game speed. Anyone who watched this man play saw him hit holes as quick, if not quicker than any back in America. Not too mention he's one of those goes with amazing body balance, able to cut back, spin, flatout make moves that make defenders look silly. Don't sleep on this guy.

I read the Street & Smith draft guide today, at least I think it was that one (I read so many today it was ridiculous) and the best part about him was how mature his teammates made him out to be. The man already has a solid routine watching game film and studying to make himself a better player. He's already been in a professional sports system with the Colorado Rockies so he knows the wrap in pro sports. 25 does seem scary, but he's mature and ready to excel, much faster than a 22 year old immature rookie.

Sarcastro said:
Or they can not be misleading. It is funny how that works.

I still can't believe that guy wants us to believe Morency's stats are misleading. Oh yeah, right.........because he played in the same conference Benson did and look at how bad people sweat his sack. Must've been a pro-Benson guy come to think of it.

larfo2224 said:
I can't remember his name, but what about the back from West Virginia. I really dont know alot about him.

Kay Jay Harris, should be in the 6th round area.

SpeedRush99 said:
Not at all. Wait and see.

Fine I'll wait and see but I know what I'm talking about. When a speed back runs a 4.62 and doesn't improve that time it doesn't help him.

Surferosa said:
Wait, you never saw him play but you think Lamar Gordon is better? Not trying to be a smart *** here, but your post is sending conflicting messages.

Well...you are right...I have not seen him play...but from what I've read and heard...he really isn't anything "special" and from the rankings...he's not part of the Big 3 or may not even be in the top 5.

I've seen L. Gordon play...not much in a Fins uniform but when he filled in for M. Faulk in St. Louis...this kid seriously showed glimpses of how special he can really be if he became the featured back...he's big and fast...he hits the hole quickly...I liked what I saw even though he has not played much.

So my point is...If we don't draft one of the Big 3...I feel that we would be wasting our pick on V. Morency...even if we only spent a 2 round pick (which we currently don't have) or a 3rd round pick (which he should not last until).

I like Lamar Gordon...I seriously do. In the Titans game...our first game last season...he suited up and played fairly well...after only being a Fins for 2 or so days...he didn't have much time at all to learn the playbook but he still looked pretty good that day. It sucked that he got hurt so early...because I feel that he would have produced and gotten better as the season went on.

Hopefully, we'll see what Lamar Gordon can do in Miami this season...and I feel like he will suprise people.

Go Fins!!!

Back
Top Bottom