Morency being considered.......... Good boy Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Morency being considered.......... Good boy Saban

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
Miami Herald said:
Morency, a former standout baseball player from Miami Northwestern who spent three years in the Colorado Rockies system before returning to football, is one of several top running backs the Dolphins are considering.

Being a pro-Morency guy I'm so relieved to know we are indeed considering him............and with the possibility of trading down and aquiring more picks, the possibility grows even closer.

I'm not oblivious to college football, but I have to say I have never heard of, nor seen this guy play, until this name has been brought up in the last month.

Isn't morency 25-26 years old though? i thought i heard he was older since he spent that time in baseball.

Very interesting. Thats the first Ive heard of Saban looking at a "second tier" back, which means he may be looking at Rodgers/Smith more seriously than some of us think.

enigmatics said:
Being a pro-Morency guy I'm so relieved to know we are indeed considering him............and with the possibility of trading down and aquiring more picks, the possibility grows even closer.

I'd rather have marion barber in the 2nd

Morency is from Florida. There are not the same restrictions on bringing in players who are from within your state. That is why Morency was brought in. It is simple common sense for Saban to bring him in.

That being said, he is older, not terrible powerful and does not have elite speed for a guy his size. However, he has excellent feet and quickness.

I am not sold on him being the type of back Saban is looking for. Also, I think he may be closer to a 4th than a 2nd.

BTW whats the source for the blurb you quoted Enigmatics?

Morency was really good last year. His stats were comparable to Benson's and Peterson's. The main difference was that he got 250 carries instead of 300+.

I'd rather have J.J. Arrington in the 2nd with a pick from Surtain if we don't get Ronnie Brown

I read the profile on him...I'm not to thrilled about him...I think that there are at least 4-5 better rb prospects than him...I also think that Lamar Gordon is better.

Sal Lisitano said:
I read the profile on him...I also think that Lamar Gordon is better.

Wait, you never saw him play but you think Lamar Gordon is better? Not trying to be a smart *** here, but your post is sending conflicting messages.

Back
Top Bottom