Mort chat clip & he's always right | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort chat clip & he's always right

Puffboy(ricky)

MVP sextoy
Reaction score
mark (Miami): Do you think KC will eventually give up a #2 for Surtain?

clear.gif
Chris Mortensen: (12:17 PM ET ) I think they will, and should, unless they decide to use the first rounder on a corner like Carlos Rogers.

rogers will be good, but if kc wants a run at super bowl they wont win with rogers. remember trent green holmes o line morton gonzalez aren't getting younger so surtain can help them but we will need a 2nd rounder thas for shoooooooooooo

KC has invited 19 players to visit out of the 20 allowed... 15 have been defensive players and 9 or those 15 have been DB's.... they very well may use the draft and not make the commitment to Surtain...

KC needs veteran help at CB and there is none better that PS.This is Vermeil's last year and there is no tommorow for KC.

CrunchTime said:
KC needs veteran help at CB and there is none better that PS.This is Vermeil's last year and there is no tommorow for KC.

I sense this too. I wonder if Dick Vermeil is pulling his hair out with the delay tacts that Carl Peterson is using...long shot but possible. This is just giving more time for other teams to jump into the Surtain bidding the closer we get the to the draft.

thedayafter said:
KC has invited 19 players to visit out of the 20 allowed... 15 have been defensive players and 9 or those 15 have been DB's.... they very well may use the draft and not make the commitment to Surtain...

They should trade for Pat and use their first on one of the DEs. I believe this would give their D the best chance of becoming a respectable unit. At #15, Spears, Cody, Merriman, James and Pollock are all good choices IMO

KuchaMucha said:
I sense this too. I wonder if Dick Vermeil is pulling his hair out with the delay tacts that Carl Peterson is using...long shot but possible. This is just giving more time for other teams to jump into the Surtain bidding the closer we get the to the draft.

Do you think other teams haven't jumped into the bidding because they believe the Surtain deal is pretty much a lock to happen?

CrunchTime said:

Could very well be..... but the no tomorrow deal is losing favor with GM's....

Anyone else wonder why no one is willing to give up a second round pick for a top 3 corner?

Out of 32 teams, no one so far is willing to pay for Pat, and give up the second. The NFL is weird.

Anyone else wonder why no one is willing to give up a second round pick for a top 3 corner?

Out of 32 teams, no one so far is willing to pay for Pat, and give up the second. The NFL is weird.

2 Reasons

1. Patrick is 28/29 years Old
2. $$$

Keep in mind that They may be waiting to see what happens if we trade down from #2, and then they make a move. There is really no hurry. Sban could be holding this thing up for all we know.

Back
Top Bottom