Mort Just Said... (Rumor) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort Just Said... (Rumor)

Merriman and Williamson would be the logical selections based on their value, and our needs... ps who cares about the chart! in this draft, with a weak class the only way to get a team to trade up is to let them "swindle" us based on the chart... its a win win for both teams, they both think they get the best of the deal

Agent51 said:
Thats what I was gonna post. 2 first rounders is VERY tempting, but I don't think we can afford to drop down to 12. We'd go from having our choice of 1 of the top 2 QBs (assuming SF sticks to their guns and takes Rogers or Smith), the 2 top WRs, and the 3 top RBs, to most-likely NONE of those 6 guys being available, PLUS, DJ and Rolle will prolly be taken a pick or two ahead of us if we drop to 12, THEN who do we take? Now suddenly we go from having our choice of any stud we want to having the best available being possibly Spears or Pollack, and defense isn't a first round choice in this draft. I think the best scenerio, for us, would be make the SD trade, let em get their WR, then we take their 12 and 28, then we trade up to like 6-8ish and get Benson or Williams (since Brown will prolly be gone). Not sure who'd we go for with that 28th pick though (assuming we kept it if we trade back up). Maybe we could go defense and go Pac Man Jones at DB, we'd get not only a shut down corner to replace Surtain but also a very talented playmaker on kick returns.

Nah at 12 you could still take WR Troy Williamson.

Sweet! Package Surtain in the deal for their second(maybe 4th too), and we'll call it a day.

Gitrdone said:
Nah at 12 you could still take WR Troy Williamson.

sure, assuming Cle, Chi, TB, Tenn, Minn, and Wash don't take a WR like they all could use.

tastes like chi said:
I don't think any team with 2 1st rounders will be willing to give them both up. they all have holes and they all think they can win this year. I think a deal with SD would look like this:

#2 for #12, a 2nd, and a 5th and a '06 1st and 3rd would you still do it?

I would.

I like your trade idea. We are so close to the cap now, I am not too sure we could handle the salary of 2 1st rounders this year.

Agent51 said:
sure, assuming Cle, Chi, TB, Tenn, Minn, and Wash don't take a WR like they all could use.

Well still Mike Williams and Braylon ahead of Troy, at worst you trade down again.

Also the more picks we can aquire for '06 the more likely we can move up and grab lienhert or fergison.

I say any trade down this year requires a #1 in '06

tastes like chi said:
Also the more picks we can aquire for '06 the more likely we can move up and grab lienhert or fergison.

I say any trade down this year requires a #1 in '06

Oh god, the possibility of us gettin the Matt Leinert in '06...........

Yup! if we trade down and some how get a 1st(and maybe a 3rd) and do the Surtain deal as a 4th this year and a 2nd in '06 that would give us TWO 1sts TWO 2nds AND TWO 3rds all kinds of ammo for '06

Maybe they would trade us David Rivers and one of their 1st rounders.

tastes like chi said:
Yup! if we trade down and some how get a 1st(and maybe a 3rd) and do the Surtain deal as a 4th this year and a 2nd in '06 that would give us TWO 1sts TWO 2nds AND TWO 3rds all kinds of ammo for '06

Yes,this would be good. I am acting too selfish by wanting everything to happen this year! I have to focus on the long distance run and not the short sprint...unless its soemones 40 time!:wink:

If SD wants to trade up to get Edwards/Williams then we should first trade down with Cleveland and get something from them. Even if it's for their 3rd, I'm sure they would give up something to guarantee getting Smith. Remember we don't have to tell them we have an agreement with SD. So we need to really act like were going to take Smith if we don't trade down. Which appears to be the latest leaks coming from the Phins (coincidence, I think not). Ideally we can get Cleveland's 1st from 2006.

What did SD get for Eli?

I know that they got Rivers And a 3rd at least in '04
Then a 1st(#12)in '05
Did they get anything else?

Back
Top Bottom