Mort on the Dolphins and Saban for #2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort on the Dolphins and Saban for #2

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Doesnt think he will be taking a QB, is hoping that someone falls in love with Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers so he can trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder.

If staying at that spot, Ronnie Brown would probably be preferred.

Ah Mort, telling us what we already know. Do you think the "big name" reporters (Mort, Len, Mel) are getting frustrated w/Saban yet? lol.

I think QB is a possibility if we "have to" pick at #2, but I predict that Saban's ideal situation is trading down to get a few 2nd rounders. Then again, with Mr. Saban who knows what he'll do? Reminds me of Hayden Fox with the Orlando Breakers.

He also said if Braylon or one of the QBs falls to the Buccs at 5, Gruden will take them.

That would be sweet if Crennel falls in love with Smith and trades up with us, we'd basicilly get a 4th rounder from the browns and still get ronnie brown.

THOMAS_54 said:
That would be sweet if Crennel falls in love with Smith and trades up with us, we'd basicilly get a 4th rounder from the browns and still get ronnie brown.

Wed get more then a 4th.

All indications point to Saban wanting to trade down.As much as I like Ronnie Brown I think its too high a pick to take him.We can get a solid RB with upside potential later on.I agree that our best chance to trade down is finding someone who wants one of the top two QBs.Its vital for the niners to take one of them for it to work.

Mort also reported that some exerts think that the top five players in this year's darft are better then last years top five!!!! I guess the Jill fans will be crying in their soup because they are convinced that Losman is better then both the top two QB's in this years draft....Whatever. I also noticed when Mort was asked about what the Dolphins would do with the #2 overall he looked like a deer caught in headlights. I honestly don't think he has a clue what Saban will do and only reported speculation based the same things we read about everyday. I love it!!! I hope draft day is like christmas where when it finally gets here we won't have a clue what we're getting.

What about Mike Williams??

The guy is 6-5 has decent speed (4.5) and catches everything. He will be a monster in Linehan's offense and, should we trade down to say #7, we could still pick him up and get a 2nd rounder for the trouble. We could use that 2nd rounder to get one of the sleeper second tier RB's like Marion Barber.

Mike Williams is going to be the creme of this draft class.

TerryTate said:
Doesnt think he will be taking a QB, is hoping that someone falls in love with Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers so he can trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder.

If staying at that spot, Ronnie Brown would probably be preferred.

Yeah, I'm sure Saban calls Mort to tell him what he is gonna do....not

trade our 7th to a QB needy team that will agree to tell cleveland that they are working on a trade with us for alex smith if Cleveland calls them. Then call Cleveland and tell them so and so wants alex smith do you want to move up to get him. If so trade first round picks and give us your third. Thats basically what Minn did to us last year.

Sherif said:
trade our 7th to a QB needy team that will agree to tell cleveland that they are working on a trade with us for alex smith if Cleveland calls them. Then call Cleveland and tell them so and so wants alex smith do you want to move up to get him. If so trade first round picks and give us your third. Thats basically what Minn did to us last year.

Except for there was shown interest by a team in Carey despite what some want to not believe. Carey even came out and said he was on the phone with NE for a while during the draft.

Back
Top Bottom